news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 03-10-2010, 08:34 PM   #1
noel411
The ABBOTT

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Rappers Aren't Interesting People

Imo. There are very few exceptions to this. I've just never really cared to know anything about any of the rappers I listen to, bar maybe a very small handful. I never read interviews with them, or biographies on them, check out dvd's about them, or take any steps to learn more about them. Why? Because very few of them actually seem like interesting people. That's not to say that they're not. Just that I really don't care. This is reflected in the fact that only a miniscule percentage of rappers actually make interesting music.

On the other hand I have always been really interested in my favourite rock bands, and tracked down biographies and other books on them, as well as reading about them on the internet.

I guess if I was in a book shop and I saw a cheap autobiography of a rapper whose music I was particularly fond of, I would buy it. I wouldn't buy a biography written by someone else though, no matter how cheap. But I'm the type who is always picking up strange and unlikely books if they're cheap enough, so that doesn't really mean much. I would pretty much never actually pursue reading materials or information on a rapper is what I mean to say.

Discuss.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:39 PM   #2
ALCATRAZ
sleepless in basedworld

ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

tupac
ALCATRAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:42 PM   #3
Tecknowledgist
PUTYOMONEYWHEREYOMOUTHIZ

Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

So what are you doing here? You must find the Wu-Tang Clan interesting in some way if you've taken the time to make 2,283 comments about their music, their contemporaries and comments from their fans.

Go watch Tupac: Resurrection
Tecknowledgist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:55 PM   #4
zooruka

zooruka five deadly venomszooruka five deadly venomszooruka five deadly venomszooruka five deadly venomszooruka five deadly venomszooruka five deadly venomszooruka five deadly venomszooruka five deadly venomszooruka five deadly venoms

Thread starter is emo.

peace be with you !
zooruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:03 PM   #5
EAGLE EYE
Super Moderator

EAGLE EYE has disabled reputation

I think Prodigy's bio/background in the most interesting I've read.

It makes Pac's look like a Bernstein Bear short story.

But in the grand scheme of things, its not that interesting. Just a lot of death, drugs and hospital visits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASPER View Post
You'll cowards dont even drink cock liquor.

Last edited by EAGLE EYE; 03-10-2010 at 09:09 PM.
EAGLE EYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:08 PM   #6
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Yet another classicly awful thread by "Noel"

Wtf are you clinically depressed or something? This is pathetic son!

2pac
bizzy bone
andre3k
kanye
rza
any of the wu
prodigy
KRS one
Slick Rick
mf doom
DMX
Eazy E

The list just goes on and on

Rap is literraly PACKED FULL of incredible stories and personalities and backgrounds, its an entire genre that is almost entirely based upon BEING a personality first and formost.

Where the fuck are you basing this emo threads on, compared to any other walk of life?
Old 03-10-2010, 09:09 PM   #7
angry!
Banned

angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

afrika bambaataa was a gangsta street nigga that won a NY city essay contest about africa!!!!

he was a thug for real, so he invented battling so he didnt have to kill anymore niggas!!!!!!!!!!!

thats interesting to me!!!!!!!

dmx biography one of the illest bios i ever read!!!!!!!!

threadstarter is currently reading mick jaggers biography on the toilet, the pages have been bonded together with bodily fluid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
angry! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:12 PM   #8
angry!
Banned

angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

50 cents mom sold crack and got murdered when he was a kid...

he got clapped up and dropped by his record label...

he built a buzz, got signed, and his first mainstream release went diamond... hes one of the wealthiest black entertainers in the world...

thats interesting to me!!!!!!!!!!!
angry! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:18 PM   #9
Afficial_Nastee
Non Ignorants

Afficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal sonAfficial_Nastee prodigal son

Check out Eminem's biography ! And I'm curious about that DMX biography....
Afficial_Nastee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:22 PM   #10
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i think now would be a good time to breifly give an over view of Bizzy Bone

Kidknapped as a kid form his mother by his step dad, his photo was put on the end of a TV show about missing children, a neighbour noticed his image, and phoned the cops. He got rescued.

Went to live with a foster family, as his mother was a crack head and before that a crack dealer. Got sick of that, and decided to go the the land and live with his mother in a brothel. Was a father at 12. Met up with the other Bones on E99, was dealing crack by age 14. Still living in a brothel.

2 years later him and the bones bought a one way greyhound ticket to LA to find Eazy, got signed, within a a couple of years they have sold 10 million records, Bizzy Bone pioneering a new style of rap never before seen.

Eazy E dies, leaving his widow Tomica in charge of Ruthless.

Bizzy Bone starts fucking Tomica, then ditches her. His debut album sells over a million copies.

Tomica then goes on to fuck up his career in any possible way she can.

Bizzy father then dies, and then, his brother Capo gets murdered.

Bizzy by this time is a raging drug and alcoholic. Gets kicked out of the group. He now has father over 15 seeds.

In 2006, he spent 6 months living on the street homeless in Ohio, sleeping in bustops. Volunatarily, so he could "cleanse himself", by having nothing, and being homeless. For 6 months.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:27 PM   #11
EAGLE EYE
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE FRANCHISE™ View Post
In 2006, he spent 6 months living on the street homeless in Ohio, sleeping in bustops. Volunatarily, so he could "cleanse himself", by having nothing, and being homeless. For 6 months.
This is why Liberians laugh at black Americans.

Quote:
Old 03-10-2010, 09:30 PM   #12
ALCATRAZ
sleepless in basedworld

ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

cormega witnessed his moms get murdered in cold blood when he was a kid
ALCATRAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:34 PM   #13
Tecknowledgist
PUTYOMONEYWHEREYOMOUTHIZ

Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Tecknowledgist Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

"I'm just so interested with your life!" Stephen Colbert to RZA
Tecknowledgist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 09:41 PM   #14
noel411
The ABBOTT

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecknowledgist View Post
So what are you doing here? You must find the Wu-Tang Clan interesting in some way if you've taken the time to make 2,283 comments about their music, their contemporaries and comments from their fans.

Go watch Tupac: Resurrection
I'd say probably less than 1% of the posts I've made here are actually about the Wu, though I do find some of them slightly interesting. Not really though. I was considerably more interested in them when I joined the forum, but I was a different person back then.

Anyway, posting here has nothing to do with whether I'm interested in rappers or not. It doesn't even mean I find their music interesting. I might spend hours discussing who I think is a good rapper, or what is a great hip hop album, but it still doesn't mean that I find that rapper interesting, or that I find the music on that album interesting. 'Liquid Swords' and 'Forever' are imo the greatest hip hop albums ever. Is the music on them interesting? No, not really. Maybe slightly interesting at times. Is the music on them of a high quality and highly entertaining? Yes, very much so.

As for most the other posts in this thread, ok, so you find certain rappers interesting. Cool. Thanks for sharing. That's what this thread is about. But why is it always necessary for hip hop fans to cop an attitude and try to act hard and hostile? It's so incredibly and embarrassingly pathetic and it saddens me every time I forget what this place is like and try to have a decent discussion here. I said I don't find rappers interesting. Wow. No need to take it so personal and start trying to act tough.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:42 PM   #15
EAGLE EYE
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALCATRAZ View Post
cormega witnessed his moms get murdered in cold blood when he was a kid

Yea whats your point? People die everyday. It's not that fascinating.

It's just an inescapable occurrence in the universe. Face it, human beings aren't as interesting as we believe they are.

If you pulled your head out of your ass, put the pipe down, and unplugged yourself from your gadget; this epiphany might hit you upside the head.

Quote: