news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 03-10-2010, 08:50 PM   #16
noel411
The ABBOTT

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE FRANCHISE™ View Post
i think now would be a good time to breifly give an over view of Bizzy Bone
This is the point where you lost me. Why? Because I don't give a shit about Bizzy Bone. That's more the point I'm trying to make. I'm not interested enough in any rapper to actually find out whether they really are interesting or not. It probably goes back to the fact that the music is very rarely interesting, and what they are saying is very rarely interesting, so I am never really inspired to find out more about the "man behind the music".

This is just my viewpoint. There is no need to get upset about it. I posted the thread to see how other people feel about this matter. That's all.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:55 PM   #17
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
I'd say probably less than 1% of the posts I've made here are actually about the Wu, though I do find some of them slightly interesting. Not really though. I was considerably more interested in them when I joined the forum, but I was a different person back then.

Anyway, posting here has nothing to do with whether I'm interested in rappers or not. It doesn't even mean I find their music interesting. I might spend hours discussing who I think is a good rapper, or what is a great hip hop album, but it still doesn't mean that I find that rapper interesting, or that I find the music on that album interesting. 'Liquid Swords' and 'Forever' are imo the greatest hip hop albums ever. Is the music on them interesting? No, not really. Maybe slightly interesting at times. Is the music on them of a high quality and highly entertaining? Yes, very much so.

As for most the other posts in this thread, ok, so you find certain rappers interesting. Cool. Thanks for sharing. That's what this thread is about. But why is it always necessary for hip hop fans to cop an attitude and try to act hard and hostile? It's so incredibly and embarrassingly pathetic and it saddens me every time I forget what this place is like and try to have a decent discussion here. I said I don't find rappers interesting. Wow. No need to take it so personal and start trying to act tough.
Your posts are brutal to read dude. Srsly you need to work on that.

Now go back to your Billie Joe Armstrong autobiography.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:00 PM   #18
KBOS
emceeeees kick tha bucket

KBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkey

Quote:
Imo. There are very few exceptions to this. I've just never really cared to know anything about any of the rappers I listen to, bar maybe a very small handful. I never read interviews with them, or biographies on them, check out dvd's about them, or take any steps to learn more about them. Why? Because very few of them actually seem like interesting people. That's not to say that they're not. Just that I really don't care. This is reflected in the fact that only a miniscule percentage of rappers actually make interesting music.

On the other hand I have always been really interested in my favourite rock bands, and tracked down biographies and other books on them, as well as reading about them on the internet.

I guess if I was in a book shop and I saw a cheap autobiography of a rapper whose music I was particularly fond of, I would buy it. I wouldn't buy a biography written by someone else though, no matter how cheap. But I'm the type who is always picking up strange and unlikely books if they're cheap enough, so that doesn't really mean much. I would pretty much never actually pursue reading materials or information on a rapper is what I mean to say.

Discuss.

Sounds like hip-hop is not for you dunny jr.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:14 PM   #19
KBOS
emceeeees kick tha bucket

KBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkeyKBOS iron monkey

Quote:
I'd say probably less than 1% of the posts I've made here are actually about the Wu, though I do find some of them slightly interesting. Not really though. I was considerably more interested in them when I joined the forum, but I was a different person back then.

Anyway, posting here has nothing to do with whether I'm interested in rappers or not. It doesn't even mean I find their music interesting. I might spend hours discussing who I think is a good rapper, or what is a great hip hop album, but it still doesn't mean that I find that rapper interesting, or that I find the music on that album interesting. 'Liquid Swords' and 'Forever' are imo the greatest hip hop albums ever. Is the music on them interesting? No, not really. Maybe slightly interesting at times. Is the music on them of a high quality and highly entertaining? Yes, very much so.

As for most the other posts in this thread, ok, so you find certain rappers interesting. Cool. Thanks for sharing. That's what this thread is about. But why is it always necessary for hip hop fans to cop an attitude and try to act hard and hostile? It's so incredibly and embarrassingly pathetic and it saddens me every time I forget what this place is like and try to have a decent discussion here. I said I don't find rappers interesting. Wow. No need to take it so personal and start trying to act tough.
So you think albums like liquid swords and forever are the greatest hip-hop albums ever, but you don't find the music on them interesting?

Thats literally impossible, because in order for those albums to grasp your attention long enough to even form an opinion you would have to be more then slightly interested in the music on them. You wouldn't critique something like music if you have little or no interest in unless you have some prior obligation to do so. By saying that you find the music high quality and entertaining that, by definition, means you find it interesting, since interest is defined by the attention you pay.

Maybe you were making your point poorly and you meant to say youre interested but you dont give a shit about the background detail? In that case your knowledge must be limited and therefore I wouldn't take your opinions as seriously as I would a nigga with research under his belt.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:19 PM   #20
zooruka

zooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal son

cosign ^^^^^^^

peace be with you !
zooruka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:10 PM   #21
noel411
The ABBOTT

noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)noel411 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBOS View Post
Sounds like hip-hop is not for you dunny jr.
When I come here and see what most hip hop fans are like I often think the same. Believe me.

Anyway, as usual I have found most people misunderstanding/misinterpreting what I've tried to say here, and I readily acknowledge that that may be just as much my own fault as anybody else's. In any case I'm done wasting time trying to explain myself.

Peace and happiness to you all.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:38 PM   #22
noel411
The ABBOTT

I will say one more thing before I go, in reference to some of the posts people made here.

Just because somebody has had an interesting life, it doesn't mean they are an interesting person. Likewise just because somebody's had a dull life, it doesn't mean that they're not an interesting person. The latter is especially true.

That may or may not help you understand a little better where I am coming from.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:21 PM   #23
zooruka

zooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal sonzooruka prodigal son

^^^

Thats true but usually people who are intresting have had a life that wasn`t the norm, and probably far from dull.

peace be with you !

Last edited by zooruka; 03-10-2010 at 11:24 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:32 AM   #24
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE FRANCHISE™ View Post
Yet another classicly awful thread by "Noel"

Wtf are you clinically depressed or something? This is pathetic son!

2pac most interesting to white trash
bizzy bone only interesting to white trash
andre3k
kanye
rza
any of the wu
prodigy
KRS one
Slick Rick
mf doom
DMX
Eazy E

The list just goes on and on

Rap is literraly PACKED FULL of incredible stories and personalities and backgrounds, its an entire genre that is almost entirely based upon BEING a personality first and formost.

Where the fuck are you basing this emo threads on, compared to any other walk of life?
You know, maybe he's not interested in the ppl that rap
im sure you all have rappers you're interested in, but he doesn't, which is fine. your mom doesn't either.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:35 AM   #25
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

an artist HAS to be an interesting person for me to get into their mmusic. it's makes the songs more enjoyable, but i they're just a human saying clever things like drake and lil wayne and jay z then the songs just come off as 'a guy making a song that may be good or bad'

my biggest fascinations in music are wutang beatles and fela kuti and the power of personality has put them apart from the others that make music that's just as good or better.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:01 AM   #26
zooruka

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
an artist HAS to be an interesting person for me to get into their mmusic.
nigga just has to spit a hot 16 for me.

peace be with you !
Old 03-11-2010, 06:43 AM   #27
Apocalypse
PRODIGAL SUN

Apocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal sonApocalypse prodigal son

where can i read Prodigy bio?
Apocalypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:32 AM   #28
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
it saddens me every time I forget what this place is like and try to have a decent discussion here.
Yeah, i tend to forget every few months and read a few threads in here.

I mean, at least you didn't actually mention anyone by name. Throw a few names out there like Pac, Jay Z, Bone Thugs, Nas etc. and you'd have a swarm of emotionally unstable hip hop stans flooding this thread.

Saying rappers aren't interesting is in opposition to everything the majority of people here think.

They revere these people as role models and heros, and feel deep connections to them. It's heartbreaking when they come to realise that generally, the story which rappers have built around themselves is nonsense.

People will wheel out the "amazing" biography of their favourite rapper who made it "against all odds" as if that makes them interesting. Have survived shit doesn't ensure you have anything important or interesting to say.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:41 AM   #29
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSA View Post
an artist HAS to be an interesting person for me to get into their mmusic. it's makes the songs more enjoyable, but i they're just a human saying clever things like drake and lil wayne and jay z then the songs just come off as 'a guy making a song that may be good or bad'

my biggest fascinations in music are wutang beatles and fela kuti and the power of personality has put them apart from the others that make music that's just as good or better.
Hm, i know where you're coming from.

But I don't really understand why people can't reconcile liking dumb shit while also like deep music.

I especially enjoy Jay Z when he's just saying dumb smart shit and being an arrogant faggit. Same goes for Kanye and hundreds of other rappers.

Big L, for the most part, just said smart lines with a great flow. He just did it better than anyone else.

Saying clever things is these rappers personality.

Jay Z is a good example.

There are thousands of people with better delivery than him and who have better lyrics than him. It's his personality which distinguishes him from the rest.

You listen to someone like.... Chino XL, who is objectively a more skillful rapper than a lot of guys, but he has no personality.

It renders his music as good but boring.

Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 10:47 AM   #30
angry!
Banned

angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Bateman View Post
Yeah, i tend to forget every few months and read a few threads in here.

I mean, at least you didn't actually mention anyone by name. Throw a few names out there like Pac, Jay Z, Bone Thugs, Nas etc. and you'd have a swarm of emotionally unstable hip hop stans flooding this thread.

Saying rappers aren't interesting is in opposition to everything the majority of people here think.

They revere these people as role models and heros, and feel deep connections to them. It's heartbreaking when they come to realise that generally, the story which rappers have built around themselves is nonsense.

People will wheel out the "amazing" biography of their favourite rapper who made it "against all odds" as if that makes them interesting. Have survived shit doesn't ensure you have anything important or interesting to say.

time to swap out seanny boy!!!!!!!!!!!

sean, as an australian hip hop fan with limited knowledge in the arts, you have nothing important or interesting to say!!!!!!!!

youre quick to critique a niggas personal taste when you jock fag shit on a regular basis!!!!!!! you claim this board hates hardcore, yet you routinely shit on street music!!!!!!!!!! you sipping cosmos in the club bumping dubstep, fuck outta here slime!!!!!!!!!!

all the frauds are coming out swingin in this thread, thanks threadstarter!!!!!!!!!!!!!
angry! is offline   Reply With Quote