news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 03-18-2010, 07:29 PM   #16
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

yall watched the movie Surrogates?
you'll see exactly what I'm talking about.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:48 PM   #17
Rollo
An act of God

Rollo drunken mastaRollo drunken mastaRollo drunken masta

You would still face challenges. Just an entirely different set.
Synthetic frames have problems. Repairs, tin whiskers(microscopic splitting of wiring that kills computers and electronics), interference from various phenomenon....

There is no such thing as perfect....
Both sides should realize that. I'm reminded of this speech....

Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 07:53 PM   #18
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^ exactly
you'd have even less time to focus on your self

transhumanism -
so you can effectively smoke your cigarettes and drink your soda while machines repair you so that you may find time for 'spiritual' matters
lol

Last edited by Mumm Ra; 03-18-2010 at 11:15 PM.
Mumm Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 04:56 AM   #19
SID
I see you dawg

SID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venoms

Your getting it twisted.

Death stops people in theair search for enlightenment, they may never finish their journey on earth even though they were so close, i'm a proponent of a disease free world and nanomachines to help us heal and fight infection easier so we can make the most out of our short period.

Cybernetics will be used in the military eventually.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:48 AM   #20
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

if physical death is the end.... what's the point?
How long do you need to completely fulfill that journey in a single lifetime?
150 years?
500 years?
forever....?
IMO - if somebody is genuinely on that path - they will be provided with what they need
Old 03-19-2010, 05:55 AM   #21
SID
I see you dawg

SID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venoms

I could not say how long it takes i'm not an all aware shaman sadly, it all depends on the person.

I don't believe physical death is the end, i believe that consciousness must be trained and set free during your lifetime to transend to the cosmos, what i am saying is that transhumanism could give people a few extra years and significantly less stress, in order to cultivate their concsiousness.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:14 AM   #22
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

aight
ill just have to disagree on this topic i suppose
as well as the means to consciousness cultivation -
stress is a product of imbalanced emotion, there is nothing outside of one's self (or outside of knowledge of self) that is going to rid you of that
even millionaires kill themselves
peace tho

Last edited by Mumm Ra; 03-19-2010 at 07:26 AM.
Mumm Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 07:33 AM   #23
SID
I see you dawg

Transhumanism is not for everyone, i'm a futurist like Leary, i believe technology and science is the physical manifestation of human potential the other lies inner, black and white up and down, physcial/spiritual, we just have to balance both.

I'm currently reading an amazing interview All About Space Travel, Time Travel, Quantum Tunneling & Zero-G Sex.

http://www.hplusmagazine.com/article...ing-zero-g-sex
Old 03-19-2010, 07:51 AM   #24
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

i see technology as a product of an imbalance - predominately left brained thinking

the left brain is the separator and the right brain is the unifier generally speaking - the left brain will see trees and not the forest, separate wholes into parts, and deal with trying to look outside of one's self for guidance.
you can tell the west is predominately left brained - they have always been the most technological and least spiritual group of people at the same time.

as far as science - science can be anything, it just means 'to know'

but again, those are just my views
Old 03-19-2010, 07:56 AM   #25
SID
I see you dawg

Yeah the west are imbalanced they value tech over spirituality and the same with the east they value spirituality over tech, i think there two sides of the same coin and as i said before we just have to find a right balance between the two.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:45 AM   #26
Rollo
An act of God

The same nano technology we are harnessing leaves us open for new sorts of warfare.
On the other hand, you cannot stop progress.
However, to become completely dependent on high technology is a mistake, because the organic human is the one who has to repair it.

Electronics fail and in some instances on a massive scale.

It would be a grave mistake to entrust everything to something so incredibly faulty.
(see Toyota)

We've had 200 years of real formal science. We have a LONG LONG LONG ass ways to go yet. The very technology we work one will likely be our demise, so I think it will likely always be that way.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:48 AM   #27
SID
I see you dawg

I don't think we will ever become completely dependent on high technology, letting it get to that stage defeats the whole object of transhumanism in the first place, it's there to help us, to fulfil our destiny.

From the invention of the wheel to the invention of flying cars and cryogenics, they are all steps up the stairwell of knowledge, things to help us deal with an existence that has no universal meaning or purpose.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:08 AM   #28
Rollo
An act of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHALLAH JUSTICE View Post
I don't think we will ever become completely dependent on high technology
Cut off the power across the whole of the United States for 2 hours and see what technological dependency does to people...
We've only had it for a short while and yet, it seems to be making us incredibly useless.

Quote:
letting it get to that stage defeats the whole object of transhumanism in the first place, it's there to help us, to fulfil our destiny.

From the invention of the wheel to the invention of flying cars and cryogenics, they are all steps up the stairwell of knowledge, things to help us deal with an existence that has no universal meaning or purpose.

That seems contradictary.
You believe in destiny but not purpose? What is destiny if not purpose?
Do you mean to say there was no purpose in mind when this existence was formed ? If so, what exactly are you basing that on, other than your own bias? Just curious?
Old 03-19-2010, 09:22 AM   #29
SID
I see you dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
cut off the power across the whole of the united states for 2 hours and see what technological dependency does to people...
We've only had it for a short while and yet, it seems to be making us incredibly useless.

i'm not talking about modern technology, i'm talking about future concepts and ideas that can be used to help the human condition

that seems contradictary.
You believe in destiny but not purpose? What is destiny if not purpose?
Do you mean to say there was no purpose in mind when this existence was formed ? If so, what exactly are you basing that on, other than your own bias? Just curious?

i believe it is inevatable that we will get to the stage where we utlize tech to aid our organic capacities, call it destiny call it what you will.

why are we here? What is our purpose, there are a million philosophical possibilites and religious views that attempt to answer these questions, but nothing fundamantaly concrete and universaly applicable to all people, we are still on a voyage of discovery and knowledge, we use science to help us find these answers

it is what drives us to push things forward to break barriers, the lingering hope for answers, if we knew why we exist and what for we would be content, there would be no need to prolong life or better the human condition
Old 03-19-2010, 09:44 AM   #30
Rollo
An act of God

Quote:
i'm not talking about modern technology, i'm talking about future concepts and ideas that can be used to help the human condition

I understand that. I'm just saying, as we go along and adjust to what we are doing with technology, we will always become one step farther away from those early men who lived on the land with lesser technology. We will in effect be weaker in some regards.

No reason to believe future technology will discontinue that trend.

Quote:
why are we here? What is our purpose, there are a million philosophical possibilites and religious views that attempt to answer these questions, but nothing fundamantaly concrete and universaly applicable to all people
I think there are answers applicable to all people. If an explanation includes all life to start with such as a creation deity, certainly it applies to us all. The question should be whether it's correct.
Sadly, I feel people just don't want to accept anything that contradicts their world view.
Such people have no objectivity.

Quote:
, we are still on a voyage of discovery and knowledge, we use science to help us find these answers
Science is one tool, however, I don't believe time travel to be possible.
I don't think we'll ever factually know the answer to that particular question.
Quote:
if we knew why we exist and what for we would be content, there would be no need to prolong life or better the human condition
Knowing what you came from may not better your life at all.
You have to allow for the negatives and the positive imo.