news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 03-19-2010, 03:25 PM   #31
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
if we knew why we exist and what for we would be content, there would be no need to prolong life or better the human condition
then why even have a quest for spirituality if when you get to the final answer...you lose? lol.
what if the meaning of life was to become a vessel of god on earth and become one with what you call the cosmic consciousness? surely that would get some people's asses moving.
like i said - there's nothing this technology will do for you that knowledge of self can't
on the contrary - technology will always fall short of it
you want 10 extra years of life? 20? stop smoking cigarettes, eat right and exercise.

when i asked how long do you need to live to fulfill that journey it was rhetorical - im sure the average person could go 500 years and still not feel they've done all they could.

i still can't see this quest for higher technology as anything other than a hindrance to self improvement though. It doesn't take long to see where it's taken us spiritually already - and yet we want to go infinitely further with it.
all this worrying about the physical self is taking away from your spiritual self

i see technology and religion as two sides to the same coin - you're relying on something outside of yourself
Old 03-19-2010, 03:48 PM   #32
SID
I see you dawg

SID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venoms

There are things that hold people back, sad inevitable truths that lay dormant in the pysche, obstructing people on their journey, yes there is possibly an afterlife, yes consciousness is a force that takes people into a world of beautiful wonder and endless possibilites, but we need time to cultivate the garden of consciousness.

A tree is not grown in a instant, it takes hundreds of years to reach it's potential i feel the same about consciousness, the thought of amazing life changing tech paired with an existing spirtual quest sends shivers down my spine.

It's the full course with the delicious appetizer, in my point of view.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:01 PM   #33
A Dean Of Virus

A Dean Of Virus sitting duck

SHALLAH I've read your posts for a few days and see you're more of a pop transhumanist...I mean, the thought of lady gaga being a mantelpiece for transhumanist ideology disgusts me.

There are many different kinds of transhumanists though...for all the haters, just remember that not all of us want to submit our minds to a "collective conscious" or anything of the sort....
A Dean Of Virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:13 PM   #34
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

anakin skywalker lost a huge chunk of force power due to his transhuman modifications.
missing parts=less midichlorians=weaker
Uncle Steezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:15 PM   #35
TheBoarzHeadBoy
כהן גדול

TheBoarzHeadBoy drunken mastaTheBoarzHeadBoy drunken masta

^
Incredible commentary. (I'm serious)
Old 03-21-2010, 01:54 AM   #36
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Mumm Ra Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WUnded Fox View Post
lol i thought that was some weird cellular terminology i never heard before until i googled it, can't believe you knew that shit

anyways

we're all entitled to our opinions
but ive yet to see or hear an explanation about what something like this:
Quote:
A tree is not grown in a instant, it takes hundreds of years to reach it's potential i feel the same about consciousness
has to do, or is a logical step to this:
Quote:
the thought of amazing life changing tech paired with an existing spirtual quest sends shivers down my spine.
It's the full course with the delicious appetizer, in my point of view.
a tree does just fine on it's own, matter of fact, ALL living things reach their full potential all by themselves...why would only humans need to develop something OUTSIDE of the self, to improve the self?
it's like A is creating B to get to C, when A can go directly to C.

i could see if you want this tech just for desire's sake, but not for any sort of spiritual sake
i guess it also depends on how you define spirituality, and judging by some of the responses i think we have totally different views

is your whole argument for transhumanism that it will make us live a little longer?
I've explained how we can already do that without the technology (and in a healthier way) -
unless you have more ways you think this tech can help spiritually...

Quote:
but we need time to cultivate the garden of consciousness
if the goal of conscious cultivation is to become one with the cosmic consciousness (lets say 'one with all')
and you are depending on something other than your SELF to get there
you can't really ever be ONE with all, can you?
looking to something outside yourself is the very antithesis to spirituality - IMO
i would think the first thing one would want to do is weed out personal desire and ego if one wants to become one with all
Old 03-21-2010, 06:33 PM   #37
A Dean Of Virus

See, I just call it for what it is. I want to achieve more. That's it. I wanna do more than my ancestors did (or even my parents will do), and I need time. For those who actually would make use of the time, the ideology is a safe haven. But in order to gain "mainstream rep" it's letting all these clowns in who want "spiritual this and that" bullshit that I don't buy into.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:45 PM   #38
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

guess it all depends on one's definition of achievement
Old 03-22-2010, 12:16 AM   #39
A Dean Of Virus

Solving problems in the fields of life and physical sciences.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:18 AM   #40
Mumm Ra
God's Replica

no need for mental sciences?
Old 03-22-2010, 07:49 AM   #41
SID
I see you dawg

SID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venomsSID five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by WUnded Fox View Post
anakin skywalker lost a huge chunk of force power due to his transhuman modifications.
Fair enough, but star wars is a fictional fantasy movie.
Old 03-22-2010, 07:53 AM   #42
SID
I see you dawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Dean Of Virus View Post
SHALLAH I've read your posts for a few days and see you're more of a pop transhumanist...I mean, the thought of lady gaga being a mantelpiece for transhumanist ideology disgusts me.

There are many different kinds of transhumanists though...for all the haters, just remember that not all of us want to submit our minds to a "collective conscious" or anything of the sort....
Gaga is not a "mantelpiece" for any transhumanist ideology, that was an article written by some dude, it has some serious insights, i'm not condoneing it or saying its the truth, i took facts out of it that i deemed relatable to modern soceity.

"collective consiousness" is a part of my personal belief system, it has nothing to do with transhumanism, it's just what i believe in, i'm nit telling you to sumbit your minds, just to set them free.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:07 PM   #43
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

it can be argued that because the DNA molecule aids in communication within AND outside of the body, replacing organic with inorganic ultimately diminishes ones ability to participate in divine dialog.

Old 03-23-2010, 05:26 AM   #44
SID
I see you dawg

The antenna we use to contact the divine is consciousness, if that antenna is damaged yeah our communication will be effected, but if it's left alone we should be ok, if not better.
Old 03-23-2010, 11:49 AM   #45
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHALLAH JUSTICE View Post
The antenna we use to contact the divine is consciousness, if that antenna is damaged yeah our communication will be effected, but if it's left alone we should be ok, if not better.

so the antennae to connect to consciousness IS consciousness?
elaborate.