news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop

Old 10-03-2005, 01:35 PM   #1
clanindafront

clanindafront grasshopper
Question The Official Detox Thread

Now this is the detox thread to end all detox threads. When is Dr Dre releasin this fuckin shit, apparently this is supposed to come out october 18th but i went on the aftermath website and they said it was a rumor (www.aftermathmusic.com) so i wanna know when this is cumin out, my bets is on early 2006. but dre will probly release it on fall 06. And dont Say u got songs of the album because NO ONE has. there all on mixtapes such as pretox, and detox (the mixtape). So who got info on it. And dre betta not put no bitch rappers in there like em and 50 coz this should be a FUCKIN CLASSIC with o.g's like warren g, dpg and all o' dem peepz.
clanindafront is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 01:52 PM   #2
PolitiC
Brainz Fried

PolitiC grasshopper
Default Re: The Official Detox Thread

yeah ive always like dre and the chronic is one of my favorite albums all time and chronic 2001 is classic shit too..im definately checking this out(as long as it aint some soft rnb shit)

peace

Lets Connect Politic-Ditto

PolitiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2005, 02:14 PM   #3
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

you know he is going to have his crew (em, maybe we will get game instead of g-unit)
Old 10-03-2005, 04:10 PM   #4
clanindafront

word i hope we do, coz g unit would ruin this legends last album. This is dre were talkin bout his gotta set of his next album REAL RITE. Im gonna be maaaad sad after that czo dre's retiering, lol. But for real its an end of an era some might say. dj quik (is trauma his lat album?) dpg (new album comin next month - dillinger and gotti 2 : tha saga continues) if yall want more onfo go on www.dpgrecordz.com. and warren g got an album cumin this month and mack 10's newest release is out.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:25 PM   #5
crass
Wise to da game

crass crouching tiger

i really like 2001 instrumentals. very chill beats on there
Old 10-03-2005, 04:30 PM   #6
clanindafront

yea, i actually had a dream about detox. and i know i sound like a fuckin dre stan, but i had a dream about gettin detox and listenin to it. lol
Old 10-03-2005, 04:30 PM   #7
rzarectah

rzarectah grasshopper

didnt they announce a summer 06 release for detox?
Old 10-04-2005, 04:13 PM   #8
clanindafront

yea i think so it gonna take a long time
Old 10-04-2005, 04:55 PM   #9
oldie
Hull's #1 Hip-Hop Fan!

oldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venoms

well on Savehiphop.org:
Dr. Dre Hoping To ‘Shock’ On Next Album

By Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

It’s been six years since hip-hop legend Dr. Dre’s last studio album, and its planned follow-up, reportedly titled “Detox,” seems no closer to completion. But one of his key collaborators tells Billboard.com Dre is continuing to work on new music and still plans to release another album, even if it takes several more years to do the job right.

“There will be another Dr. Dre solo album, without a doubt,” says bassist Mike Elizondo, who began working with the artist on the 1999 album “Dr. Dre — 2001″ and has since been a fixture on Dre-produced recordings by Xzibit, Eminem and the Game.

“Dre has very high standards,” Elizondo responded when asked what is taking so long. “He wants to shock the world and put something out that no one would have ever thought possible from a hip-hop artist. He’s definitely going to take his time and make sure it’s right, but there will be a collection of songs that will come out as a Dr. Dre solo album.”

However, the timetable for finishing the album remains murky. Asked if Elizondo had played on any of the tracks to date, he replied, “We’ve been working. There’s a team assembled and we’ll definitely continue moving forward on that.”

“Dr. Dre — 2001″ debuted at No. 2 on The Billboard 200 and has sold 7 million copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

and another article i cant find about Dr.Dre's producer Focus (HOW THE FUCK DOES DRE - A PRODUCER - HAVE A PRODUCER :s ????) sayin they gunna be n the studio for i think he said 4 or 7 months, cnt rememba, straight recording for Detox.
he already has several (cant rememba figure given) tracks done for it. but they said early next year, whoever the fuck this Focus guy is?

yeah, i downloaded tracks off things like kazaa from Detox, it was unheard dr.dre alright! so whether it is detox i dont know.

but Pretox is a really nice mixtape, im stuck on it lately.
oldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 09:22 PM   #10
Galvatron97
Wu-Tang Martial Expert

Galvatron97 grasshopper

Dre is one of the most overrated producers in hip hop EVER.....he has a team of "ghost producers" (including Elizondo and once Mel-Man) that are REAL musicians and do all his shit for him and then he just slaps his name on the beat and gets mad plugs in songs from Em and 50 and Game....he just pays them mad money to stay behind the scenes.....

Ever heard Em or 50 shout out Mel Man or Mike Elizondo on tracks? I think not.....

Galvatron97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 10:19 PM   #11
Cm0ney
Veteran Member

Cm0ney grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron97
Dre is one of the most overrated producers in hip hop EVER.....he has a team of "ghost producers" (including Elizondo and once Mel-Man) that are REAL musicians and do all his shit for him and then he just slaps his name on the beat and gets mad plugs in songs from Em and 50 and Game....he just pays them mad money to stay behind the scenes.....

Ever heard Em or 50 shout out Mel Man or Mike Elizondo on tracks? I think not.....
he doesn't play the instruments himself
Cm0ney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 01:12 AM   #12
Ironlungz
Lu-Cipher

Ironlungz grasshopper

I reckon he'll have fiddy on a track or two, but fuck it....
He'll also have em, busta, static, maybe the mobb, anyway it's gonna be some ill type shit

Positive Energy Activate Constant Elevation
Ironlungz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 11:17 AM   #13
clanindafront

if it had mobb deep that would be ill, maybe if pee piked up his rappin game.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:18 AM   #14
oldie
Hull's #1 Hip-Hop Fan!

oldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venomsoldie five deadly venoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron97
nah but i heard stat quo shout him out. its on pretox.
oldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 11:21 AM   #15
Cheech Da WildKard
Shotta Rap

Cheech Da WildKard grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to Cheech Da WildKard

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldie
nah but i heard stat quo shout him out. its on pretox.
Stat Quo is nice from what little I heard from him....

First heard him on Alchemist's 1st Infantry CD, on the joint with M.O.P
Cheech Da WildKard is offline   Reply With Quote