news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Lab > Audio Booth > Battle Arena

Old 03-31-2010, 09:07 PM   #1
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF
Default Juice Box vs Infinity

The Sample

http://www.zshare.net/audio/7444973268deac29/

3 days from now.
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:16 PM   #2
5hundred&one
Groovallegiance

5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

lol @ the sample

we got this
5hundred&one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 05:13 PM   #3
Professor Poopsnagle
Banned

Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

... sup?
Professor Poopsnagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 06:18 PM   #4
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I postponed this battle till monday with Juice over PM but now I pretty much forfeit or however you spell it.I cant do anything with this little bit of sample that doesn't sound too choppy.The drum rolls are cool and that bass was cool but I just cant do it.Ive made 3 arrangements and they all sound like shit and I know it.

I'll battle you with another sample but I just cant get anything out of this and I dont wanna stress it.

you got the win for this and if you made something fly then please drop it cuz I wanna hear how you are supposed to flip this.I dont know what to chop from it apparently.

srry dudes ,lol.

like I said I'll battle you with another sample though.A full song please.
Old 04-04-2010, 06:31 PM   #5
Professor Poopsnagle
Banned

Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I chopped this one on the beat and that worked for me.

Anyway, I'll upload something else with lots of sampling possibilities.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:05 PM   #6
Professor Poopsnagle
Banned

http://www.zshare.net/audio/7461162402259bfa/
Old 04-04-2010, 08:12 PM   #7
INF
Digital @fterLife

could you upload an example of how you chopped up that break??? I really wanna hear how its supposed to be flipped.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:42 PM   #8
Professor Poopsnagle
Banned

http://www.divshare.com/download/10970671-649

That's all I have.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:48 PM   #9
INF
Digital @fterLife

yeah see thats how I chopped it and it just sound so choppy to me.I want it to flow like how you make your drums usually swing but I cant make that shit swing without the choppy sound and its cuzza the heavy cymbals on it imo.

the break is awesome , Im just not skilled enough to make it pop as a sample flip
Old 04-04-2010, 09:00 PM   #10
Professor Poopsnagle
Banned

To be honest I uploaded it cause I was working on it and I couldn't make it sound nice and hoped you fellas would do a better job. I guess the sample was too drum heavy.

I don't understand what you mean with the swing drums, but what I usually do is take 2 or 3 kicks and snares from a drumbreak, EQ them differently and use the first set of kick+snares just for the main boom-bap track and the second set I use for ghostnotes. Then I insert the symbals, hats and rides manually.

I don't know if that makes any sense to you, anyway you guys use that other sample.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:09 PM   #11
INF
Digital @fterLife

ok we will use the other sample if Juice is down.,im sure he will be but I dont wanna start chopping if dude aint gonna chop too.

yeah I get what you do with the extra bits.I did that for that beat I made recently that everybody like- "crawlspace".

I cant really describe what I mean by swing.I dont mean you are sampling or using drums from swing music.Its just that your beats have a vicious swing to em,them mf's pop.idk. I see how you are doing it now though ,even before you explained how you use your kits.
Old 04-04-2010, 09:38 PM   #12
INF
Digital @fterLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by iove View Post

fuck it Im going for this
Old 04-04-2010, 10:51 PM   #13
5hundred&one
Groovallegiance

5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)5hundred&one Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

t'sall good, I wasn't even close to bein finished yet.

we usin both samples or just the 2nd one?
5hundred&one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 11:06 PM   #14
INF
Digital @fterLife

jus the second one.

nother 3 days.for real this time,lol.
Old 04-05-2010, 01:43 PM   #15
pRoTeChTyAnEcK
funkmaster general

pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pRoTeChTyAnEcK Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

http://www.box.net/shared/gnit1rhxvq

Here is my flip of the 1st sample.