news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 10-04-2005, 01:00 PM   #1
Wu-Disciple
Veteran Member

Wu-Disciple shaolin monk
Default Racism And Euro Football

I watch in disbelief last night on HBO's Real Sport a story about racism in European soccer.

Racism in Europe should not surprise anyone. However, this is different. What was shown on that show was an incredible and extremely overt display of racism against black players by most fans.

Here a taste: during a game fans would would make a monkey sound every time a black player touches the ball. if a black player comes close to the sideline or is shooting a corner, they will throw bananas on the field or try to spit on them... Name calling off course is the norm.

I can't do the story justice by posting, you'd have to see the images yourself to appreciate the magnitude of what i'm talking about. or, maybe you've witnessed it first hand, in which case you may be able to explain it better than i can.

the U.S. is no less racist than these european countries. but to the u.s. defense, what is going on in europe right now could never happened in this country without enticing a major civil rights movement.

thierry henry started a campaing to stop it by sellin bracelets...

where are the european gov'ts; where the European Union; more importantly where is FIFA?

Please reply.. and check your listing for that real sports episode on HBO. they'll probably play it again.

oh, there was one match a few weeks ago between england and spain that was played in madrid. and to date it might the worst example yet.

one
Wu-Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 01:03 PM   #2
Fr@z
Who's The Dado?

Fr@z shaolin monk
Send a message via Yahoo to Fr@z
Default Re: Racism And Euro Football

^ aye it was Sean Wright-Phillips that they were doing it to it was shocking
Old 10-04-2005, 01:20 PM   #3
Cheech Da WildKard
Shotta Rap

Cheech Da WildKard grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to Cheech Da WildKard

Now, you said "the racism was shown by MOST fans" ...that's bullshit. It's the minority of supporters that spoil it for the rest of us ...

As for throwing bananas on the pitch, I never saw it go that far?
Cheech Da WildKard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 02:07 PM   #4
Prince Rai
Writing verses in S9

Prince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killa

hmm there is continuing rascism definitely... especially when england played spain remember?

and ReAl fans were also showing abuse to some black playas of another tho they 2 have black playas.

Inject the Lyrical Venom of Section 9
Prince Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 02:27 PM   #5
HANZO
Hanovallah

HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

you would mainly see racism in country with a very low population on black people. in spain italy greece and turkey the only black people are the footballers thats play for their teams, ofcourse they support them and wont say shit to them, but when it comes to international of european games then they will get all hostile and start doing the monkey noises. look at the stadiums in spain its just full of spanish people so they will not find anything wrong with making monkey noises, no one will say look its wrong. even the spanish coach is a racist.
i remember when gerald asamoah came on the pitch to make his international debut for germany the whole stadium jus went quiet, they were shocked to see a black person playing for them. racism is big in these countries espiecially against blacks.
Old 10-04-2005, 03:02 PM   #6
Wu-Disciple
Veteran Member

Wu-Disciple shaolin monk

dude,cheech, do some investigating before answering i'm not makin it up.

it was shown on hbo. they threw bananas on the field., callin black players monkeys. that friendly match between england and spain almost the entire stadium was chanting the monkey sound, thus the majority. not the majority of fans in general, but the majority in the stadium that day
Wu-Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 03:16 PM   #7
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

yea it happens. It happens in spain sometimes. You got to rememebr tho its is racism, but in spain, people are jsut obsessed with their clubs, and they heavily insult ALL rival players when they have the chance, they go after balck players, to try to put them off, but I dont think its like a Supremecist type of attitude. They dont really think about what they are doing, and I dont think they really feel that way, its just, a spanish person inside a football stadium, is different to a spanish person outside of one.

It doesnt really happen in Italy as much anymore, I hardly ever see it in Italy. But in Spain, it happens sometimes, say if a black player has just fouled one of their favorites and is mouthing off, or even sometimes if he is having a good game. But its not everyone in the stadium
Ghost In The 'Lac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 03:37 PM   #8
Cheech Da WildKard
Shotta Rap

Cheech Da WildKard grasshopper
Send a message via MSN to Cheech Da WildKard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wu-Disciple
dude,cheech, do some investigating before answering i'm not makin it up.

it was shown on hbo. they threw bananas on the field., callin black players monkeys. that friendly match between england and spain almost the entire stadium was chanting the monkey sound, thus the majority. not the majority of fans in general, but the majority in the stadium that day
Yo, I didn't say it didn't happen, I said I never saw it ...
Cheech Da WildKard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 05:53 PM   #9
MefMan36
Big Surge

MefMan36 sitting duck

FIFA has no control over the fans. Soccer fans are so much more unruly than any other sport. Like what happened in Italy a while back, peace.

Since love and fear can hardly exist together, if we must choose between them, it is far safer to be feared than loved.
Niccolo Machiavelli, The Prince

www.myspace.com/mefman

www.liquidswords.tk
MefMan36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 06:48 AM   #10
Krimewave
Swollen Member

Krimewave iron monkeyKrimewave iron monkeyKrimewave iron monkeyKrimewave iron monkey

I'm glad to say this ain't a problem in the UK.
but in Spain, Italy, Turkey, Greece etc it's a big problem.
although these countries are no more racist than the USA.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:51 AM   #11
WU-KILLAH
Commando Ultra

WU-KILLAH grasshopper

in France such a thing could only happen with suporter of Paris team ... there are still a lot of fascist there ... it happens in some places in Europe (Valence, Madrid, Rome, and in the easter Europe ... ) but saying most suporter are like that is ignorant and racist to me, saying it's not surprising in Europe is racist to me ... Just dare act racist in my stadium you won't go out alive ...
Old 10-05-2005, 02:29 PM   #12
HANZO
Hanovallah

HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

it is mainly the love for their clubs aswell, fans in turkey are very passionate thats why we have a very bad rep around europe but thats just supporting there team. espeicially the international team thats when everyone gets patriotic and stuff i mean when turkey played england there was a banner saying remember gallipoli to the english. but usually they not racist just very fascist, even if a black player played for turkey i dont think they would stop making monkey noises towards players of the other teams, they would never do it to a player on their own team. its an over the top love for the game, and a thing of national pride
Old 10-05-2005, 03:56 PM   #13
Roman Deini
WuCorp Million Dollar Man

Roman Deini shaolin monk

just play against lazio at home.every black player that gets the ball of the opposing team gets booed. it aint for nothing SS Lazio.

“Catch your dreams before they slip away. Dying all the time, lose your dreams, and you will lose your mind. Ain't life unkind?”
Roman Deini is offline   Reply With Quote