news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 01-05-2008, 02:37 PM   #1
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Life After Death !

Is there a Life after Death ?

if you believe that there is, why do you believe so ?

and where did you get the idea that there was ?

Splain...
Old 01-05-2008, 03:04 PM   #2
begongo
I AM HIPHOP

begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)begongo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to begongo Send a message via Yahoo to begongo Send a message via Skype™ to begongo

I gave a lot of thought on this subject and I didn't really come to a conclusion, but I tend more to think that there is nothing after death.
I did have a theory once ... that death would be like an eternal sleep, with dreams and shit. If it would be so, "heaven" and "hell" could be explained as good dreams and nightmares, depending on your final mind state: if you are in peace with yourself you would probably enjoy your sleep, just as you do when you go to bed ... and if you have things that your conscience can't agree with, you would probably experience a nightmare, just like in real life when shit bothers you, you dream it. But the theory is absurd since after death there wouldn't be a functional brain to project your dream. It was a quite infantile theory, but I thought it would be ok to share it. Maybe others have or had other personal explanations in their teenage years even if they were wrong.
Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
I'm not going post more pictures of my dick, Style. You guys can forget about it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
Some of ya'll that are having sex without condoms need to be careful because that shit ain't cool having sex with no condoms.
begongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 03:10 PM   #3
Koolish
Don't Mess With It

Koolish drunken mastaKoolish drunken masta

the idea of life after death was introduced to me solely through Christianity. it cannot be proven or refuted since no one really comes back, and if they do we don't know whether or not to trust their stories.

if you look at life without any ideas or bias, nothing really points to a life after death other than the written word. it just depends if that written word harmonizes with your idea of life.

do i believe in a life after death? i believe that ghosts/spirits are real, so yeah.

but one of the heaviest aspects is the idea that time will never end. that there is no end, your death doesn't mean you stop, just the beginning of the infinite, which is a lot to think about. if a religion that thinks this turns out to be true, then there is no end, just continuation. that's intimidating, but I've read conversion stories where people said they felt like the dimension of time was destroyed and had no use. if heaven transcends time perhaps infinite isn't an issue.
Koolish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 12:31 AM   #4
diggy
The ABBOTT

diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)diggy Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I believe "life" is more than just the perceived physical substance which we call the body. The body by itself is like covering which needs something ( the soul/energy) to animate it so it can function.

So after the physical death, the person u truly are with all your personality, memories, etc. still lives on in the form of soul/spirit which is/was the energy that animated your physical body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideshow Bob View Post
I personally find FMJ's approach to message boarding hilarious, considering we've got a lot of people here who often overcompensate for being heterosexual.

The one's who
lose it over his soft, gay care-free posts are suspect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Blue Danny Kid View Post
Ahh, the numerical mythology of the homosexual african-canadian wu-tang fan is truly strange and wondrous.

What a unique people.

Quote:
Believe it or not, lobster and crabs are crustaceans and are a part of the arthropod family, which include caterpillars, cockroaches, and spiders!
diggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:16 AM   #5
Assassinator

Assassinator crouching tiger

I believe in life after death. in what form? is another question.
Assassinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:25 AM   #6
J-Cee
SmokeY

J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J-Cee Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

what were we before birth?dont remember shit....could be the same when you die.

Last edited by J-Cee; 03-20-2013 at 09:20 PM.
J-Cee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 12:57 PM   #7
Koolish
Don't Mess With It

i remember a while back i read an article on the internet where a lady said she'd asked her 2 year old daughter if she could remember what it was like being in the womb, her daughter replied "it was like being in a picture frame but no one was in it." or something like that.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:46 PM   #8
STYLE

not to be an asshole but we had a 7 page thread on this same subj 2 months ago

but to answer, yes
it started with religious teaching then it was reinforced by my other studies.

energy cannot be created or destroyed so the energy that is your soul must go somewhere.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:49 PM   #9
STYLE

but to answer, yes

energy cannot be created or destroyed so the energy that is your soul must go somewhere.
Old 01-06-2008, 05:28 PM   #10
SAI-VU

SAI-VU grasshopper

after death:

a divine universal dimention, populated by spirits. a dreamworld shared by lots of people at the same time. it is what you see when you dream, or use psychedellic drugs like psilocybe or DMT.
Old 01-06-2008, 05:52 PM   #11
Koolish
Don't Mess With It

i suppose it all boils down to: where is the mind? is the mind the brain or is the mind a separate thing from the brain?

if it is truly separate than the ceasing of brain functions would not affect your existence.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:41 PM   #12
kwabena1041
Veteran Member

kwabena1041 crouching tigerkwabena1041 crouching tiger

I dont believe there is life after death, there is absolutely no type of evidence to back such a claim. To me those that believe in that are on the same level as crazy people

kwabena1041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 07:23 PM   #13
Koolish
Don't Mess With It

supposedly some (If not all) insects don't feel pain.

the idea of the mind and brain being one has always made the most sense to me logically, though i've heard psychedelic experiences defy explanation.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:24 AM   #14
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)LORD NOSE Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLEMASTERR View Post

but to answer, yes

where in the body is this soul/energy located ?
Old 01-07-2008, 12:35 AM   #15
LORD NOSE
The Smell of The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palehorse View Post
wrong!

everything is energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humanface Huggah View Post
so if energy can neither be created nor destroyed, and everything is energy, then nothing can be created or destroyed.

so then how did you create that post?

lmao