news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 10-05-2005, 07:28 AM   #16
Muslimah

Muslimah grasshopper
Default Re: Fasting

personally I don't see how much of what was posted in this thread helped answer 36 chambers questions. Was a rather confusing combination of info if you ask me. But maybe that's just me. I'm sure somewhere in it all there is an answer

Just to add, though, it was already mentioned... I feel it is important to emphasise this point... Ramadan isn't simply about not eating and drinking. Though it is a major part. Think of it in the sense that in denying the body food and drink, the body craves the spiritual.

You can fast all year round, but what makes Ramadan special is that it is the month whereby the Holy Quran was revealed to the Prophet Muhammed(SAAW) and all humankind. Fast by day and prayer by night. While one should do good all year and stay away from bad all year round, ramadan is a month that really leaves the person with no excuses.

There are many reasons why we fast and many benefits. It puts you in a constant reflective state. Every action is measured for it's purpose, with the body serving as a constant reminder.

But I'll leave it at that, really, there are articles after articles on this topic. A simple search on the topic will leave you with enough reading material for years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubtleEnergies
My spouse is currently fasting. Which means we aren't having any contact for a month
lmao, a worthwhile sacrifice. I'm sure you'll survive...

Muslimah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 08:14 AM   #17
LHX
healthy merking

LHX drunken mastaLHX drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to LHX

the best dietary discipline is learning to eat properly

occasionally fasting is second best
Old 10-05-2005, 12:01 PM   #18
Prince Rai
Writing verses in S9

Prince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHX
the best dietary discipline is learning to eat properly

occasionally fasting is second best
A fast will teach you the value of food, and which food (if one mediates on what fasting is), is most best to eat.

after fast, you have cleansed your system and mind.. then you can plan properly what food shold go in.. and what food to avoid!

peace n blesings

Inject the Lyrical Venom of Section 9
Prince Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 07:45 AM   #19
SubtleEnergies
Veteran Member

SubtleEnergies grasshopper

haha Robia.. :P
I hope you are well
SubtleEnergies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 08:15 AM   #20
LHX
healthy merking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princerai
after fast, you have cleansed your system and mind
this is no longer true

it used to be

but
not any more
Old 10-06-2005, 08:25 AM   #21
Prince Rai
Writing verses in S9

Prince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHX
this is no longer true

it used to be

but
not any more
the fact you suggested that this once was the case, has enough gravity to suggest that it still does work..

how does this not apply today?
what changed this?
how could the virtues of fasting have become extinct?

Old 10-06-2005, 08:31 AM   #22
LHX
healthy merking

we have developed an environment in which there is no place which is void of toxicity

unless maybe you travel to a high mountain to fast

at this point - we involuntarily consume toxins - even when we are not eating
and the only way to handle this situation is to eat properly to get it out of the system

more than ever
it is critical to know your foods

slowly but surely - every aspect is being taken from us and our hand is being forced
Old 10-06-2005, 08:36 AM   #23
Prince Rai
Writing verses in S9

thats correct, toxicants exist everywhere.. mostly in the chemicals pollutin our foods..

however a healthy mind looks after a body.. so fasting can absolve the mind from pollution and transfer know;egde to the body and fight toxicants with more effect!

its been taught.. a strong mind can help you get over illnesses much fatsre or more effective at least!

Old 10-06-2005, 08:42 AM   #24
LHX
healthy merking

Quote:
thats correct, toxicants exist everywhere.. mostly in the chemicals pollutin our foods..

however a healthy mind looks after a body.. so fasting can absolve the mind from pollution and transfer know;egde to the body and fight toxicants with more effect!

its been taught.. a strong mind can help you get over illnesses much fatsre or more effective at least!
much of this is true

but
you cannot prevent yourself from breathing when you fast
Old 10-06-2005, 08:47 AM   #25
Prince Rai
Writing verses in S9

breathing is part of meditation.. as well as part of fasting in the sense that.. oxygen in any form.. does provide the body with fuel and it allows the body to work more effectively..

why dyu rekkon those who do fast do some sort of meditation.. be it thru buddhist ways/ muslim prayer "salat" or any other proper fast..

much of the attributes of fasting are very simple.. but hugely gravitaional in its usefulness.

Old 10-06-2005, 08:51 AM   #26
LHX
healthy merking

Quote:
breathing is part of meditation.. as well as part of fasting in the sense that.. oxygen in any form.. does provide the body with fuel and it allows the body to work more effectively..

why dyu rekkon those who do fast do some sort of meditation.. be it thru buddhist ways/ muslim prayer "salat" or any other proper fast..

much of the attributes of fasting are very simple.. but hugely gravitaional in its usefulness.
no no -

i mean you cannot prevent yourself from breathing

meaning that the poison is also in the air

the only thing more difficult than not eating
is eating properly

the only thing more difficult than taking time throughout your day to meditate
is to turn your life into a meditation
Old 10-06-2005, 09:15 AM   #27
Prince Rai
Writing verses in S9

yes i understood the first time bro.. breathing cannot be halted its part of life that must prevail at natures pace..

and the toxins that come through the air, is filtered by our mind in the way explained as above!

and fasting if done accordingly, is a blueprint for meditation for everyday life in trems of meditating 24/7

because we wake up in a certain time for the cause of God.. that makes us humble and careful of what we do.. we are humbled and apprecaite the food we consume.. we engender patience.. which is the greatest of attributes..
and fasting keeps u away from things in life that seems so ordinary.. but can harm you in the mind if you cannot control them..

even breath can be controlled to make it more effective!

peace n blessingz

Old 10-06-2005, 09:31 AM   #28
LHX
healthy merking

Quote:
yes i understood the first time bro.. breathing cannot be halted its part of life that must prevail at natures pace..

and the toxins that come through the air, is filtered by our mind in the way explained as above!

and fasting if done accordingly, is a blueprint for meditation for everyday life in trems of meditating 24/7

because we wake up in a certain time for the cause of God.. that makes us humble and careful of what we do.. we are humbled and apprecaite the food we consume.. we engender patience.. which is the greatest of attributes..
and fasting keeps u away from things in life that seems so ordinary.. but can harm you in the mind if you cannot control them..

even breath can be controlled to make it more effective!

peace n blessingz
i dig what you are saying

if fasting is the blueprint
then proper consumption is the plan in action

the next thing is to look at foods not as something to be thankful for

but as something that must be used in proper quantities and proportions in order to build something
(i said the word 'must')

if patience is the greatest of attributes
one may suggest that creation is the greatest of feats

peace

this is interesting
Old 10-06-2005, 09:47 AM   #29
Prince Rai
Writing verses in S9

indeed.. i agree.. a blueprint must come into action so that the blueprint served its purpose.

food "must" be consumed with care and in proportion.. it is obvious that 2 much or 2 little can do harm, but the balance is established by examining how the body reacts to a lack of food...and what the body requires to sustain itself at its optimum..

for example when i fisrt started i realised i hadnt eaten enough to make me full for the longterm.. now i realised what i need so that my fast can be more effective considerin i must still do worldy works which requires energy.

and through boxing.. i also realised that controlling food very explicitly is very importnat.. too much or too little can ruin a whole round of boxing and make u look crap!

peace LHX creation is indeed the greatest feat.. without it.. lol we wudnt be talkin

Old 10-06-2005, 09:59 AM   #30
"Masta-Mind"
A Muslim

"Masta-Mind" grasshopper

Ah man, i was going to say alot of stuff, but Muslimah said it so perfectly there really is nothing left for me 2 say. Peace
"Masta-Mind" is offline   Reply With Quote