news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 10-11-2005, 02:18 PM   #16
froth
Yacub grafted me

froth crouching tigerfroth crouching tiger
Send a message via MSN to froth
Default Re: Lucid Dreaming, Skrying & Projection

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeknicelStylez
Check it out, this is where my shit got fucked up. I was sleeping in my sisters room one night cuz she wasn't home. So I go to sleep, all of a sudden I wake up while I'm sleeping, and my whole body was just frozen. I didn't know wtf what was going on so I started freaking out. I was trying to call for my mom or just scream but I couldn't do shit. I waited for a while than I just woke up in cold sweats. I was young at the time so I didn't know wtf happened and I wouldn't go back to sleep for like 3 days after that.

I remember a slight whispering while this was going on, does this ring a bell for anybody?
Thats called sleep paralysis. It happens to a lot of people. My grandma used to call it "getting up before you wake up".

As far as books go, the first book by Robert Monroe on the subject is somewhat speciial to me, if only because he was just an average guy who stumbled into the experience. His later books aren't so good, but hey.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:23 PM   #17
froth
Yacub grafted me

As far as Kid Cal's post, that moment where you start hearing things and everything is your internal dialogue shutting off. It gets really intense right before it ends. Happens right before you "fall" asleep. You should be able to float out of your body after that happens. For me its more of a rapid falling feeling, like a leaf in freefall. It's pitch black, then you come to a stop and the situation materialises. You can use your hands as a reference point to keep reminding yourself it is a dream, bc it is easy to forget. The constant internal dialogue before sleep is somehow a different kind of consciousness from our dream selves. Another good book, even though it is fiction, is The Art of Dreaming by Carlos Castenada. Although fiction, it has real techniques in it.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:22 PM   #18
BrokenWrists
PRODIGAL SUN

BrokenWrists iron monkeyBrokenWrists iron monkeyBrokenWrists iron monkeyBrokenWrists iron monkey

Is meditation the same as sleeping?

Neways, usually my dreams r just a rail that i stay on, when i try to break off and do my own thing i wake up. Esp when im about to bag a girl.

This has the potential to be a classic thread. peace keep at it
BrokenWrists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 05:42 PM   #19
Shemsu Elohim

Shemsu Elohim grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenWrists
Is meditation the same as sleeping?
No.

It's the opposite.

This is why a Buddha is an "Awakened One", because his Consciousness is no longer trapped within the ego(s).

For higher levels of Meditation, we are taught to be in a sleepy state, yet, with the Consciousness completely awake.

For example, in Dream Yoga/Astral Travel, what we want, is for the Physical Body to fall asleep while the Consciousness stays awake, so that it can utilize the Astral Body, or Mental Body, Causal Body, etc.

The Physical Body has to be asleep in order for any of our other bodies to seperate from it, while the Consciousness has control of said body in its respective Plane.

From a lecture The Science of Meditation

Quote:
...Of course the passive state of mind, emotions and personality demands a tremendous activity in the Consciousness; this shows us that the more active the Consciousness, the better for reaching its awakening, because that way the Consciousness has to inevitably awaken, being in perpetual activity.

Just now, Buddha Gautama Sakyamuni came to my mind. On a certain occasion, the Great Buddha was sitting under a tree in profound meditation when a man arrived and began to insult the Buddha, trying to hurt him with his words.

After a while, the Buddha opened his eyes and asked the man, “If someone brings you a gift and you do not accept the gift, to whom does this gift belong?”

The man answered, “To the one who brought it, of course.”

Then the Buddha said, “My brother, take your gift; I cannot accept it,” and continued to meditate.

There is a beautiful, sublime lesson. Buddha did not permit his mind or sentiments to react under any circumstances because he was living fully awakened in his Consciousness; there was no outer reaction. That is the way we should behave, dear disciples
Shemsu Elohim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2005, 09:24 AM   #20
froth
Yacub grafted me

yep thats basically it in a nutshell
Old 10-12-2005, 10:19 AM   #21
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotlandfan
iv got so used to it that i dont even think its scary anymore and its kinda werid cus now im able to really really slowly move my arms up.
try not to fight it! just go with it, by the sounds of things with what the rest of you said youre a step away from lucid dreaming.
Old 10-12-2005, 04:58 PM   #22
Shemsu Elohim

Smile Re: Lucid Dreaming, Skrying & Projection

Greetings froth

Quote:
Originally Posted by froth
yep thats basically it in a nutshell
Have you ever done the knowledge on any of the suggestions I posted earlier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shemsu Elohim
Here are my suggestions if anyone is serious about learning Dream Yoga:

Gnostic Master Samael Aun Weor:

Buddhist Dzogchen Master Namkhai Norbu:

Bon-Pa(Tibets indigenous religion) Dzogchen Master Tenzin Wangyal:

And if you have no money for books, there is a free online course:

Dream Yoga

Forget all that 'New-Age' and and pseudo-occult nonsense that's floating around on the internet.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:50 AM   #23
froth
Yacub grafted me

I read some things in that vein when I was first starting. they look like interesting reads. My situation is kind of hard to phrase. The more I started doing it, etc. I started learning things myself, to where I can recognize what truth is. That is how I can recognize what you said about it as truth. At the same time though, and as smart and knowledgable as many human beings are, I now rely on God's guidance as far as this stuff goes. Some people don't believe in God or have a relationship with God, but I talk to God, and the answers to my questions are all perfect. So I don't really read a lot about it anymore, I just go straight to the source. I'm not in any way saying that those books aren't revealing plain truth, I just see it as somewhat superflous when you have a real relationship with God, without doubts. Some people may disagree with me, but that's where I am at with it.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:14 AM   #24
Shemsu Elohim

I see...

Quote:
The gravest danger for the occultist is to have a bookish culture. The students of occultism who have read excessively are commonly filled with terrible pride. The student who is vain due to the intellect feels as though he is the lord of worldly wisdom. He not only lamentably wastes his time going from school to school, but moreover he closes the door of Initiation for himself, and falls into black magic. We must become like children in order to penetrate into the wisdom of the fire, which is deep within ourselves, in the living profundity of our internal consciousness. There is a need to be humble in order to acquire wisdom. Once we have acquired wisdom, we must be even more humble.

- Igneous Rose
Quote:
"Intellectualism is the opposite pole of intelligence; it is very different from the “Illuminated Intellect.” Intellectualism is a mixture of the psychological “I” with the information acquired through the external senses. Intelligence is an attribute of the Being; it is a faculty of the superlative consciousness of the Being. The conscious humanity works with intelligence; the tenebrous mechanical humanity gets its levels of social, economic and political prestige by working with the astute intellectualism, working with the mechanical part of the intellectual center; this means, with the worst part of it." - Samael Aun Weor
Quote:
The great rationalists and intellectuals are precisely the most torpid and passionate beings who exist upon the earth. The intellectual loses the meaning of a sentence simply because of the lack of a period or a comma. The intuitive knows how to read what the Master does not write and how to listen to what the Master does not say.

- Igneous Rose

HOWEVER:

Quote:
"Two types of intellect exist: 1. The commonly known sensual intellect. 2. The intellect which is given by the Being; this is a conscious intellect." - The Revolution of the Dialectic

The common sensual or subjective intellect is the capacity of reasoning and comparing (see Intellectual Animal). Related to the Intellectual Brain or Center, and to the physical brain.

"The intellect is a very precious instrument for the Great Work of the Father, when it is absolutely used for the pure service of the Spirit. A mystic without intellect fails because of lack of culture (see Intellectual Culture). The intellect is satanic when it is used for the service of the internal beast. The intellectual villains (cynics and skeptics) are the result of intellectualism without spirituality." - The Aquarian Message

"The intellect never attains Initiation. Only the heart attains the Golgotha of the High Initiation. The majority of people have their heads filled with absurd theories and ancestral prejudices; they do not open their minds to anything new." - The Revolution of Beelzebub

Quote:
A complete and comprehensive intellectual understanding of the many aspects of the Path of Initiation.

"To possess an intellectual culture is necessary for the development of clairvoyance. To have an intellectual discipline is necessary for the development of the latent powers, chakras, discs, magnetic wheels of the Astral Body." - Endocrinology & Criminology

"In order to develop positive clairvoyance, it is required to practice the necessary esoteric exercises and to study the best authors of Theosophy, Rosicrucianism, Yoga, Psychology, etc., etc. Our worst enemy is ignorance; therefore, we recommend our readers study the great works of the female Master Helena Petrovna Blavatsky, entitled The Secret Doctrine. We also recommend Kundalini Yoga of Sivananda, the books of Dr. Arnold Krumm-Heller, the books of Dr. Adoum, the books of Rudolf Steiner, etc., etc." - Endocrinology & Criminology

"Every esoterist student must have discipline and intellectual culture. The occultist without discipline and intellectual culture converts himself into a delinquent." - Endocrinology & Criminology

Balance.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:28 AM   #25
froth
Yacub grafted me

In order to develop positive clairvoyance, it is required to practice the necessary esoteric exercises and to study the best authors of Theosophy, Rosicrucianism, Yoga, Psychology, etc., etc. Our worst enemy is ignorance; therefore, we recommend our readers study the great works of the female Master Helena Petrovna Blavatsky, entitled The Secret Doctrine. We also recommend Kundalini Yoga of Sivananda, the books of Dr. Arnold Krumm-Heller, the books of Dr. Adoum, the books of Rudolf Steiner, etc., etc." - Endocrinology & Criminology

I don't really agree with this. But I do agree with some of the other quotes. I understand your meaning of "balance". I do read a lot, just not so much about astral projection ANY MORE. I guess I didn't phrase it very well.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:39 AM   #26
Shemsu Elohim

The studying of some of the Theosophists and Rosicrucians can be very insightful, depending on who it is(some of them are black magicians who are awakened negatively).

There's alot of garbage out there though; in all fields of spirituality.

There's quite a bit of stuff that's very marvelous as well.

The Inner Master is the one who distinguishes of course, not the ego.

You're right about reading about Astral travel though, considering that it's more of an emotional thing.

Nonetheless, the books I suggest are probably the best ones out there; if one wants to know the exercises related to Dream Yoga.
Old 10-13-2005, 10:44 AM   #27
Shemsu Elohim

In fact, what I've read of that On-line Course I posted, is "mind" blowing.
Old 10-13-2005, 09:52 PM   #28
Koolish
Don't Mess With It

Koolish drunken mastaKoolish drunken masta
Default Go

man, i've had some sleep paralysis, but never knew how much more fucked up dreaming could be.

but i get a very bad feeling from all of this, it is not supposed to be done, you are travelling somewhere you should not be, stay away from it, it will only danger you.

for some reason, which i don't understand, i typed that sentence up, yet heed their words, for in them lie truth.

once again.

holy shit i just realised i typed up "heed THEIR words", as if something else was referring to it. this is freaking me out, i'm turning off the comptuer. hah.
________
Pissing movies

Last edited by Koolish; 03-24-2011 at 12:06 PM.
Koolish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 05:30 PM   #29
Shemsu Elohim

Last edited by Shemsu Elohim; 12-11-2007 at 09:43 PM.
Old 10-15-2005, 05:31 PM   #30
Shemsu Elohim