news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 05-20-2010, 11:25 PM   #1
Mcthuggin99
K.O.D

Mcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of fury
Default Robert Rodriguez Reply to" Machete" and "Racewar" and New movie News

this is from Aintitcoolnews-

I KNOW YOUíRE HERE TO TALK ABOUT A SECRET PROJECT,
BUT FIRST, THAT CINCO DE MAYO ďILLEGALĒ MACHETE TRAILER SHOWED UP EVERYWHERE, RIGHT?
No joke! I guess Iíve gotten too adept at these fake trailers, some people thought it was real. We both knew Fox would have to remove anything we put up that very same day, yet I saw that even IMDB had it on their front page for several days as the ďOFFICIAL MACHETE TRAILERĒ, as Iím sure other sites did too. I probably should have added a note at the end of it saying ďIGNORE MR. TRAILER VOICE, this is NOT A REAL TRAILER to MACHETE.Ē
SOME PEOPLE WROTE IN THINKING THAT IT WAS FOR A MOVIE ABOUT A RACE WAR.
It isnít. I would not put out a movie like that. Not only would that be irresponsible, itíd be dull and un-entertaining.
I simply wanted to make a special trailer that was as absurd as what was happening in Arizona. So I took some coincidentally timely lines of dialogue from the old original fake trailer from 3 years ago and from the new movie, reconfigured action beats, and cut it all out of context to make it look like the entire film was about Machete leading a revolt against anti-immigration politicians and border vigilantes. What can I say, it was Cinco de Mayo and I had too much tequila.
Anyway, thatís not what the movie is. In fact the main villain and Macheteís nemesis is a Mexican drug lord from a powerful cartel (played by Steven Seagal) that kills Macheteís family and runs him out of Mexico for being an honest cop, which is why Macheteís forced to work as a day laborer in the US.
Seagalís character follows him to the US to kill him off when Machete starts messing up the assassination attempt that Seagalís character funded. Seagal was so awesome we kept expanding his role on the set. The Big Final battle is Machete vs. Seagal and itís amazing. A side storyline about politicians and extremist vigilante characters that you see in the trailer are not taking a stand for reasons you would think, and the movie clearly shows corruption on both sides of the border. Over the years Iíve spent a lot of time on the border, being 4th generation Mexican-American gives you a unique view of both sides.
Itís a very satirical film, much more so than the fake trailers have even shown. Itís just a damn fun movie. I guess about the only thing I can even compare it to as far as tone, big cast, entertainment value and taking license with reality is perhaps Inglourious Basterds.
SO THE FILMíS NOT A RACIST FILM CALLING FOR REVOLUTION & VIOLENCE IN THE STREETS?
Not by a long shot! And anyone who says different isnít fully aware of how a movie is made and the many steps it goes through. They may have read a script that wasnít finished and jumped to conclusions about its content and tone. We kept adding characters so often during production as the movie got bigger and the cast grew that actors would get their lines and scenes the night before (or morning of) each day of shooting. The best lines and scenes and character moments are always those that are added on the day of shooting or added in post. Any filmmaker will tell you, there are three movies that you make: the one you write, the one you shoot and the one you edit. And thatís especially the case with Machete, making the story as tight and as entertaining as possible.
The movie is very over the top satirical, and itís only because of whatís happened in Arizona that some scenes actually feel at all grounded in reality, which is pretty nuts and says more about Arizona than any fictional movie. I will admit that there were a few scenes that became so real in the past month because of whatís going on that theyíll be best left as a fascinating case study for the DVD extras. This will be my best DVD special features to date, thatís for sure.
One thing the fake Arizona trailer does prove is what magic you can do in the edit room. I have ANOTHER fake trailer I cut that makes Machete look like a wholesome family film in 3D! Itís hilarious. I canít leak that trailer until we at least have our first REAL official Machete trailer up on the Fox website. Three fake trailers in a row would be way too confusing at this point; people would have no idea what the movie is about. But you do need to see the Machete ďFamily film versionĒ trailer, Harry. It is hysterical.
SO WHAT DO YOU REALLY THINK ABOUT WHATíS GOING ON IN ARIZONA?
ZZZZZZZZ. Okay, last question about this.
Iím not that worried about it anymore, because itís pretty clear that people wonít stand for it. I donít really believe in protests, rallies or marches either. The real power is in voting. People have to register and vote because what we need is serious, comprehensive immigration reform. Our immigration system is so screwed up, I didnít realize how much misinformation and misconceptions are out there until all this happened in Arizona and I started reading peopleís thoughts about it. You can feel peopleís frustration and yet itís difficult for them to have a clear opinion on the matter because thereís such a mess of misinformation. This has to be figured out, the federal government has left it on the back burner for too long. Hopefully this will put pressure on them to do something about it. It wonít get solved before this mid-term election but they can at least start making progress.
Iím putting myself to sleep, thatís not what Iím here for, Harry. We have something terribly exciting to talk about. Well, I know itís especially exciting to you and me.
WHICH IS?
A project weíve probably talked about since we first met. As you know, I had the honor and privilege to work with FRANK FRAZETTA on a special From Dusk til Dawn poster and youíve always asked ďwhen are you going to get the rights to Frank Frazettaís FIRE and ICE?Ē

AND DID YOU?
Yep! The awesome Ralph Bakshi and I have been working it out for a while, and itís now a TROUBLEMAKER STUDIOS PICTURE. Whatís cool is, unlike past projects that Iíd get involved with that would get stalled for various reasons, I control the rights to this one. So itís actually in my power to set it up and get it made, which wasnít the case on other projects. And for you filmmakers out there, thatís really the best way to get things done. If you can manage to get the rights yourself to a property by dealing directly with the artists and creators like I did with Frank Miller on SIN CITY, and now with Ralph Bakshi on FIRE and ICE, it makes a world of difference and you can get started sooner rather than never.
YOU VISITED FRAZETTA A FEW TIMES
Yes, and it was actually very sad that this deal closed right after Frank passed, I was so looking forward to calling him and saying ďAt long last, weíre finally making the movie, Frank!Ē
Frank was an awesome guy, I went to visit him at his house some years back and he showed me his museum. He walked me through and pointed out so many of his famous paintings, saying ďI painted that in three days, I painted that in one day, that one over there in two days.Ē His wife Ellie was there to confirm that he wasnít exaggerating. She was the one that had to ship them out with the paint still wet because Frank was pressing up against a deadline. To see what he was able to paint in record time was astounding. Iíve been inspired by his paintings since I was 10 years old back when I first saw those Bantam Books collections of his work at the local bookstore.
I think thatís why I was continually drawn to Machete over the years, I always thought of Machete as my version of Frazettaís CONAN. In fact, I have a bronze of Machete on my desk which youíve seen where Macheteís standing in a classic Frazettaís CONAN pose. I also have Frazetta reproduction paintings hanging all over my house, I donít think Iíve gone a day without seeing Frankís work somewhere in my living space. Heís been so influential to artists and filmmakers, and yet we still havenít seen a Frazetta world truly come to life in a live action film, so thatís what Iíd want to do with the FIRE and ICE project.
DOES THIS MEAN WE'LL GET KNB FRAZETTA INSPIRED SUB-HUMANS AND PTERODACTYL RIDING BARBARIC WARRIORS?
Yes! You bet. It's that kind of Awesome.
SO WHOíS GOING TO BE TEEGRA?
Harry thatís the same question youíve been asking for 12 years. At least now you know youíll finally get an answer. Stay tuned.
Well folks - Harry here again. That's all I can share with you right now. This is a project that I'm very close to. A dream project that Robert & I have been talking about for nearly 14 years. We even painted DARK WOLF garage kits back 12 years ago. Yes, we're that kind of awesome! In the meanwhile... Here's the original trailer, dream of what it could be as a big live-action film done with the same kind of love that Robert put into SIN CITY. The mind truly boggles.

Mcthuggin99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 11:34 PM   #2
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^^^rodriguez is the man for that.
[hipster]viva la raza, bro[/hipster]

fire and ice should be sick as well.
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:02 AM   #3
djskillz
Raggamuffin

djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

It's hard as hell to read that blue font.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted
djskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:20 AM   #4
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcthuggin99 View Post
this is from Aintitcoolnews-

I KNOW YOUíRE HERE TO TALK ABOUT A SECRET PROJECT,
BUT FIRST, THAT CINCO DE MAYO ďILLEGALĒ MACHETE TRAILER SHOWED UP EVERYWHERE, RIGHT?
No joke! I guess Iíve gotten too adept at these fake trailers, some people thought it was real. We both knew Fox would have to remove anything we put up that very same day, yet I saw that even IMDB had it on their front page for several days as the ďOFFICIAL MACHETE TRAILERĒ, as Iím sure other sites did too. I probably should have added a note at the end of it saying ďIGNORE MR. TRAILER VOICE, this is NOT A REAL TRAILER to MACHETE.Ē
SOME PEOPLE WROTE IN THINKING THAT IT WAS FOR A MOVIE ABOUT A RACE WAR.
It isnít. I would not put out a movie like that. Not only would that be irresponsible, itíd be dull and un-entertaining.
I simply wanted to make a special trailer that was as absurd as what was happening in Arizona. So I took some coincidentally timely lines of dialogue from the old original fake trailer from 3 years ago and from the new movie, reconfigured action beats, and cut it all out of context to make it look like the entire film was about Machete leading a revolt against anti-immigration politicians and border vigilantes. What can I say, it was Cinco de Mayo and I had too much tequila.
Anyway, thatís not what the movie is. In fact the main villain and Macheteís nemesis is a Mexican drug lord from a powerful cartel (played by Steven Seagal) that kills Macheteís family and runs him out of Mexico for being an honest cop, which is why Macheteís forced to work as a day laborer in the US.
Seagalís character follows him to the US to kill him off when Machete starts messing up the assassination attempt that Seagalís character funded. Seagal was so awesome we kept expanding his role on the set. The Big Final battle is Machete vs. Seagal and itís amazing. A side storyline about politicians and extremist vigilante characters that you see in the trailer are not taking a stand for reasons you would think, and the movie clearly shows corruption on both sides of the border. Over the years Iíve spent a lot of time on the border, being 4th generation Mexican-American gives you a unique view of both sides.
Itís a very satirical film, much more so than the fake trailers have even shown. Itís just a damn fun movie. I guess about the only thing I can even compare it to as far as tone, big cast, entertainment value and taking license with reality is perhaps Inglourious Basterds.
SO THE FILMíS NOT A RACIST FILM CALLING FOR REVOLUTION & VIOLENCE IN THE STREETS?
Not by a long shot! And anyone who says different isnít fully aware of how a movie is made and the many steps it goes through. They may have read a script that wasnít finished and jumped to conclusions about its content and tone. We kept adding characters so often during production as the movie got bigger and the cast grew that actors would get their lines and scenes the night before (or morning of) each day of shooting. The best lines and scenes and character moments are always those that are added on the day of shooting or added in post. Any filmmaker will tell you, there are three movies that you make: the one you write, the one you shoot and the one you edit. And thatís especially the case with Machete, making the story as tight and as entertaining as possible.
The movie is very over the top satirical, and itís only because of whatís happened in Arizona that some scenes actually feel at all grounded in reality, which is pretty nuts and says more about Arizona than any fictional movie. I will admit that there were a few scenes that became so real in the past month because of whatís going on that theyíll be best left as a fascinating case study for the DVD extras. This will be my best DVD special features to date, thatís for sure.
One thing the fake Arizona trailer does prove is what magic you can do in the edit room. I have ANOTHER fake trailer I cut that makes Machete look like a wholesome family film in 3D! Itís hilarious. I canít leak that trailer until we at least have our first REAL official Machete trailer up on the Fox website. Three fake trailers in a row would be way too confusing at this point; people would have no idea what the movie is about. But you do need to see the Machete ďFamily film versionĒ trailer, Harry. It is hysterical.
SO WHAT DO YOU REALLY THINK ABOUT WHATíS GOING ON IN ARIZONA?
ZZZZZZZZ. Okay, last question about this.
Iím not that worried about it anymore, because itís pretty clear that people wonít stand for it. I donít really believe in protests, rallies or marches either. The real power is in voting. People have to register and vote because what we need is serious, comprehensive immigration reform. Our immigration system is so screwed up, I didnít realize how much misinformation and misconceptions are out there until all this happened in Arizona and I started reading peopleís thoughts about it. You can feel peopleís frustration and yet itís difficult for them to have a clear opinion on the matter because thereís such a mess of misinformation. This has to be figured out, the federal government has left it on the back burner for too long. Hopefully this will put pressure on them to do something about it. It wonít get solved before this mid-term election but they can at least start making progress.
Iím putting myself to sleep, thatís not what Iím here for, Harry. We have something terribly exciting to talk about. Well, I know itís especially exciting to you and me.
WHICH IS?
A project weíve probably talked about since we first met. As you know, I had the honor and privilege to work with FRANK FRAZETTA on a special From Dusk til Dawn poster and youíve always asked ďwhen are you going to get the rights to Frank Frazettaís FIRE and ICE?Ē

AND DID YOU?
Yep! The awesome Ralph Bakshi and I have been working it out for a while, and itís now a TROUBLEMAKER STUDIOS PICTURE. Whatís cool is, unlike past projects that Iíd get involved with that would get stalled for various reasons, I control the rights to this one. So itís actually in my power to set it up and get it made, which wasnít the case on other projects. And for you filmmakers out there, thatís really the best way to get things done. If you can manage to get the rights yourself to a property by dealing directly with the artists and creators like I did with Frank Miller on SIN CITY, and now with Ralph Bakshi on FIRE and ICE, it makes a world of difference and you can get started sooner rather than never.
YOU VISITED FRAZETTA A FEW TIMES
Yes, and it was actually very sad that this deal closed right after Frank passed, I was so looking forward to calling him and saying ďAt long last, weíre finally making the movie, Frank!Ē
Frank was an awesome guy, I went to visit him at his house some years back and he showed me his museum. He walked me through and pointed out so many of his famous paintings, saying ďI painted that in three days, I painted that in one day, that one over there in two days.Ē His wife Ellie was there to confirm that he wasnít exaggerating. She was the one that had to ship them out with the paint still wet because Frank was pressing up against a deadline. To see what he was able to paint in record time was astounding. Iíve been inspired by his paintings since I was 10 years old back when I first saw those Bantam Books collections of his work at the local bookstore.
I think thatís why I was continually drawn to Machete over the years, I always thought of Machete as my version of Frazettaís CONAN. In fact, I have a bronze of Machete on my desk which youíve seen where Macheteís standing in a classic Frazettaís CONAN pose. I also have Frazetta reproduction paintings hanging all over my house, I donít think Iíve gone a day without seeing Frankís work somewhere in my living space. Heís been so influential to artists and filmmakers, and yet we still havenít seen a Frazetta world truly come to life in a live action film, so thatís what Iíd want to do with the FIRE and ICE project.
DOES THIS MEAN WE'LL GET KNB FRAZETTA INSPIRED SUB-HUMANS AND PTERODACTYL RIDING BARBARIC WARRIORS?
Yes! You bet. It's that kind of Awesome.
SO WHOíS GOING TO BE TEEGRA?
Harry thatís the same question youíve been asking for 12 years. At least now you know youíll finally get an answer. Stay tuned.
Well folks - Harry here again. That's all I can share with you right now. This is a project that I'm very close to. A dream project that Robert & I have been talking about for nearly 14 years. We even painted DARK WOLF garage kits back 12 years ago. Yes, we're that kind of awesome! In the meanwhile... Here's the original trailer, dream of what it could be as a big live-action film done with the same kind of love that Robert put into SIN CITY. The mind truly boggles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djskillz View Post
It's hard as hell to read that blue font.
better?

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:27 AM   #5
djskillz
Raggamuffin

djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Yes lol.

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted
djskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:10 AM   #6
MaskedAvenger
Secret Rival

MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Fire & Ice was dope, I used to always watch that shit as a kid

MaskedAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote