news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Hip-Hop Shop > Album reviews

View Poll Results: Eminem - "Recovery"
5: Masterpiece 5 12.50%
4: Banger 9 22.50%
3: Good 7 17.50%
2: Mediocre 14 35.00%
1: Wack 5 12.50%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-08-2010, 08:11 PM   #1
DJ Deoseyus

DJ Deoseyus grasshopper
Default Eminem - "Recovery"

1. Cold Wind Blows
2. Talkin' 2 Myself (feat. Kobe)
3. On Fire
4. Won't Back Down (feat. Pink)
5. W.T.P.
6. Going Through Changes
7. Not Afraid
8. Seduction
9. No Love (feat. Lil Wayne)
10. Space Bound
11. Cinderella Man
12. 25 to Life
13. So Bad
14. Almost Famous
15. Love the Way You Lie (feat. Rihanna)
16. You're Never Over
17. Untitled
iTunes Bonus Tracks:
18. Ridaz
19. Session One (feat. Slaughterhouse)

This leaked last night, so don't say I'm posting it too early.

Last edited by DJ Deoseyus; 01-02-2011 at 02:30 AM.
DJ Deoseyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:13 PM   #2
DJ Deoseyus

DJ Deoseyus grasshopper

I haven't finished listening to the album yet, but so far it is banging with the mediocre beats. My only dissatisfaction is that he didn't work with his usual posse of D12, Shady artists, or Dr. Dre.
DJ Deoseyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 05:30 AM   #3
AliJack

AliJack drunken mastaAliJack drunken masta

Ight... i'm typin this as i'm listening...im not trynna talk about the theme of each song.. just the general vibe i get, and also im
just giving my first impression...(i'm more biased toward gritty raps so if my opinion switches up dependin on each track thats why...)
i'll come towards this shit as unbiased as possible. I'll put up the sum of the rating of each track then a separate rating
for the entire album, my opinion on it, etc.

Cold Wind Blows:
singin starts off the track in the most homosexual way possible... worst way to start an eminem album... what the fucks this?!?!?!?!?!
ight all of a sudden shit switched up.. beat improved...sounds dope as fuck...and im feelin the opposite as what i just did....
singin in the back is slightly annoying... rapping starts and yes niiggas... eminem is back. I'm feelin this shit..
the vibe im gettin from the beat is some nice slightly dark vibe, nice shit on here.. Hook is slightly corny but
it gives a nice vibe so i'm feeling it..second verse and one of the first things you notice is eminem is on his punchgame
..son sounds like he got a new pair of boxing gloves..gotta say i'm feelin this track, if the entire album is like this
i'm feelin it!!!! good start to the album

4/5

Talkin' 2 Myself:
Starts off strong, Kobe got a real nice voice i gotta say... feelin the kobe hook..FUCK EMINEM...came in with the singing.. fuck that..
nice beginnin to the rapping..good flow structure...almost dissed lil wayne? shit made me laugh actually, collabs with him nowadays..
im feelin this track also, its not a classic at all, but im feelin it... hook is really strong i have to say, second time around and it still feels fresh..
and the Em section of it... another second verse of self exposure... i like it, the facts exposed here that couldn't be found
by any of these stans years of searchin etc.., by the time the 3rd verse kicks in im automatically sense its the strongest one..
Keep ya heads up haha, nice, nice, i can dig this shit.

4/5

On Fire:
songs starts nice... some comments aimed at critics..alright some scathingness in here... im really likin this off the bat
viciousness, slightly weaker than usual, but he replaces that for lyricism, nuthin wrong with that.. The "on fire" sounds weak as fuck volume wise,
and callin it a weakass hook is no excuse but i understand where he comin from... this is a track i'll have in circulation, good shit.
again this track has a couple punches that would entice a cassidy fan into coppin' this shit...

4/5

Won't Back Down:
Get the fuck outta here...20 seconds in and im hating this... PINK got an ight voice... nowhere near as bad as i expected.. but i aint feelin this track as much as most...
beat aint shit..but the lyrics are alright. more punch rhymes..
digged the Donkey with parkinsons line so thats a bonus .5 i gotta say!!!!!!!!

3.5/5

W.T.P.:
Beat starts off with some nice kicks and drums... feelin the beat... slightly annoyin hook...puts a soft touch on his voice but im feelin these lyrics/beat...
hook comes in and i aint feelin it again!!!! eminem, stop motherfucken singin!!!!!!!! second verse starts off on an encore/re-up era tone
to me... then he picks up again later on... once again Fuck the hook!!!!!.. this track feels too Encore/Re-Up era to me, so can't say im feelin it!!!
that junk in the trunk line was corny as fuck, and the track just puts the image of rednecks dancin around in a barn to me... no thanks!!!!

2.75/5

Going Through Changes:
Beat starts off on a really soulful sample, im feelin emotion in the lyrics, the flow got a slight choppy effect, good description for it
the hook is strange, in the background type shit...ight, i get it, songs about changes?.. cool, cool.. I'm feelin this track
sad effect to it, im feelin it...eminem had to fuckin sing again didnt he, well, its just another new em fad
...this is a personal track, good shit...strange revalation on the Kim shit i gotta say.. not somethin i'll be bumpin too often but its
a nice track either way, just not my thing i guess

3.75/5

Not Afraid:
First single, not big enough to me, feels too generic, wack boi 1da beat, southern beats suck ass... i miss the G-Funk south..
flow is almost generic, but his lyrics are nice... more punches again, i like them, but they ARE getting old, not as much energy in them.
as his SSLP days. hook is bullshit, bridge is fuckin sickening... second verse is better than the first...its an alright track for a club one

3.75/5

Seduction:
Beat starts on some trance/T-Pain type love track to me, not somethin id expect from Em.. lets see whats up..
Alright, I can't decide if I like this verse or not, but i got nothin against bitch tracks, and im not despisin this
hook so i aint hatin on em for this one... its an alright track.. the hook is one of the better points here..\
I like this track, nothin too bad to say about it other than it bein nothin extraordinary, its nice shit...

4/5

(Up to now i cant decide if im dissappointed that nothin came up to the caliber of the Despicable, or if i overhyped that freestyle and
its so similar to this that its nothing special...)

No Love:
another calmin begginin, im liking this shit.. what a sample.. am i listenin to this?
lil wayne starts off... one of his better verses, but not amazin..im happy its bringin somethin new to the album..
needed another voice rappin...but he coulda had a better feature but eh..Hook... fuck eminem..faggit coulda put wayne there
atleast goddamnit..Eminem's verse starts off slow.. goes crazy later on.. nice shit.. slightly takes me back to Forever
its an okay track.. again i'll have to rate this track

3.75/5 (eminem seems to be takin an extremely radio friendly approach to his tracks... not a good move, music quality wise)

Space Bound:
track starts and eminem kicks into rapping almost as soon as the instrumental does.. Love track?.. sounds like a love/lust type thing
nice flow he has... slightly repetitive but his lyrics are nice... he picks up until the hook, the hook aint too bad to a casual music listener
but for the hardcore rap fans (like myself) it dont offer much, like the entire album...
(so far im thinkin this entire album is an acquired taste... no for everybody.. its for the music lovers...unlike the rap lovers)
but i gotta say this is a good track.. can't hate on it alot..minus eminems singing.. his motherfucking singin..

another 3.75/5... this shit makes me seem biased as fuck, but im approachin this with an open mind..(well, as open minded as hardcore rap gets)

Cinderella Man:
This is one of the better tracks so far!!! minus the repeated "Cinderella Man" shit, the lyrics grabbin me, this is one of the tracks i'll be repeating again..
hypocrite motherfucker hates on relapse... next week he'll be shittin on this album...but I like this track, i gotta admit, this is a good one.

4/5

25 To Life:
Confirmed that this album is for the more casual music listeners... This singin aint for me...
Lost love theme im sensin on this, alright, third love themed track so far?.. cool, cool..
the energy put into this is astounding though, i gotta say, here is an ability eminem has over his peers..
he puts extreme energy into his music, it would peter out another rapper to go as hard, delivery-wise.
The subject matter aint all that, lyrics pass by uneventfully it seems to me.. the singin got old the first time it came by....
by the second chorus i just want to switch tracks..

3/5

So Bad:
Starts off well, the horns give the track a slight playful vibe i gotta say ... sounds like a relapse 2 track!!!!
one of the better moments on this album in my opinion again.. the hook pisses me the fuck off again...eminem aint a singin cat..
it has a slight brag rap theme to it.can't hate on this, minus hook AGAIN...
bridge also annoys, but the vibe of this track makes up for it.. i like this track, as refill sounding as it is....

4/5

(by now ive given up hope on finding a real stand-out track.. i'm not feelin anythin on this album too bad.. its not a bad album at all, but its nowhere near the classic that most are hypin it up to be...
in a couple weeks the reviews will change and most likely look closer and more similar to mine if not worse...)

Almost Famous:
Starts off like it could be the track to fulfill my wish!!!! sounds different.. not close to anythin i heard so far!!!...then he sings and some chick does too and i feel fuckin stomped upon...
please let the fuckin verses fix this...his first verse is DOPE!!!!! the Roethlisberger(fuck that faggits name anyway) line been reused? its eminem, so to most Stanz here i guess thats all forgiven!!!!!
the singin seriously makes me sick... fuck this bitch and her puke voice....verse comes back and its another real nice verse... i dont know what to think of this...beat started on the track buildin up so well but by now
it just sounds similar to some of the other beats...but the lyrics and energy make up for it i guess

4/5

Love The Way You Lie:
I was one of the few not expectin any bad from Rihannas voice.. she aint dissappoint.. can't hate on her voice its real soulful...
so Rihanna's doin well so far.. wonder how Em gonna do..
puttin more energy into his delivery...sounds like another love track?!?!?!?!?!!! Em what the fuck has rap done to your ass!!!!!!!!!
the beat is more radio shit i gotta say...the second verse reminds me of When I'm Gone plus Not Afraid...fucks up with you em?

3.5/5 for rihannas singin and how the beat accompanies her voice, and the Energy eminem was puttin into his verse.

You're Never Over:
Not Afraid type singin from the jump off... hate this already... lets see what comes up for us...
Proof dedication im seein, alright good, but aint you do this on Elevator or somethin em?. cool, cool...
his quick flow gets slightly interesting at the end of the first verse but thats all i guess...
this track is nothin special again... Nice gesture towards Proof, but it ain't doin nothin for me...
the hook sounds waaaaaayyy too "Not Afraid"-esque to fix me too...

3/5 for the gesture he made...

(so far to me, album sounds like to make a version of the uplifting done on Distant Relatives but for himself.. and show us what he came up with!!!!!! but its cool, whatever floats his boat...)

Untitled (Gun Go Off?):
starts off on some italian shit, shoutout to Menzo!!!!!Ravioli niiggas stand up!!!!Da Godfather..
anway, back on topic, i'm digging his flow on this...and his rhymin is pretty interestin, more vicious shit brought..
then he tries to balance on his achilles fuckin heel and sings for a couple secs again...no thanks you gondola fuck...
the general vibe im gettin from this track is playful aggressiveness, slightly reminiscient of SSLP, so it could be compared to Refill...
this is one of the tracks I couldn't hate on..

4/5

Complete Rating based on track ratings: 61.75/85

What I personally rate the album: 3/5
Old 06-09-2010, 04:20 PM   #4
Freshasicanbe

Freshasicanbe grasshopper
Default recovery

not the eminem that i grew up with and loved but still good and definitely comeback of the year with this one.

Things i like:
-articulate ,
-meaningful
-gets across his theme of the album very clearly

Things I don't like:
eminem's whiteness
music video for "not afraid", looks like a rocker not a rapper
keep weezy out of it, bro.
dre, you were missed.

_____
undergroundhiphopmusic.net
Freshasicanbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:33 AM   #5
issues

issues shaolin masta killaissues shaolin masta killaissues shaolin masta killaissues shaolin masta killaissues shaolin masta killaissues shaolin masta killaissues shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshasicanbe View Post
Things I don't like:
eminem's whiteness
what the fuck..

issues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 05:58 PM   #6
main_man
BANNED FOR LIFE!

main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)main_man Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

this is the first album em has put out thats a chore for me to listen to.
what the fuck?
soft ass shit. the beats are garbage for the most part. i think havocs track is probably the best one on there. i mean, he spits, no question. lyrical ability and flow is never a question with marshall, but this just aint my type of shit at all.
you cant make the roxbury guys beat hard. lil wayne on the track or not thats just too damn weak. and the singing. i wish someone would tell homie that he cant sing worth a fuck. at all. please, just spit. thats your expertise.
he disses relapse like 2 or 3 times on this record. but relapse is way better than this, by far. id rather hear em destroy shit with fucked up accents than listen to him whine/sing anyday.
i guess this is kinda like em's "depart from me" or something. cage came on that with a more punk rock/alternative influence and it strayed from his previous work. but em is going the hip pop/radio friendly way on this. i think i like cage's record more than this, even though it had some wack ass shit on it, too.
i think "recovery" may be em's weakest album yet. but the good tracks are better than a lot of cats shit. too bad there aren't that many.

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell
main_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 12:45 PM   #7
SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS
AKA THE PROTO-CHAOS

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshasicanbe View Post
not the eminem that i grew up with and loved but still good and definitely comeback of the year with this one.

Things i like:
-articulate ,
-meaningful
-gets across his theme of the album very clearly

Things I don't like:
eminem's whiteness
keep weezy out of it, bro.
dre, you were missed.
dude dre's on here just one track

01 Cold Wind Blows (Just Blaze)
02 Talkin’ 2 Myself (DJ Khalil)
03 On Fire (Mr. Porter)
04 Won’t Back Down (DJ Khalil)
05 W.T.P. (Supa Dups)
06 Going Through Changes (Emile Haynie)
07 Not Afraid (Boi-1da)
08 Seduction (Boi-1da)
09 No Love (Just Blaze)
10 Space Bound (Jim Jonsin)
11 Cinderella Man (Script Shepherd)
12 25 To Life (DJ Khalil)
13 So Bad (Dr. Dre & Nick Brongers)
14 Almost Famous (DJ Khalil)
15 Love the Way You Lie (Alex Da Kid)
16 You’re Never Over (Just Blaze)
17 Untitled (Havoc)

NON IGNORANT...

SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 02:56 PM   #8
AliJack

Quote:
Originally Posted by main_man View Post
this is the first album em has put out thats a chore for me to listen to.
what the fuck?
soft ass shit. the beats are garbage for the most part. i think havocs track is probably the best one on there. i mean, he spits, no question. lyrical ability and flow is never a question with marshall, but this just aint my type of shit at all.
you cant make the roxbury guys beat hard. lil wayne on the track or not thats just too damn weak. and the singing. i wish someone would tell homie that he cant sing worth a fuck. at all. please, just spit. thats your expertise.
he disses relapse like 2 or 3 times on this record. but relapse is way better than this, by far. id rather hear em destroy shit with fucked up accents than listen to him whine/sing anyday.
i guess this is kinda like em's "depart from me" or something. cage came on that with a more punk rock/alternative influence and it strayed from his previous work. but em is going the hip pop/radio friendly way on this. i think i like cage's record more than this, even though it had some wack ass shit on it, too.
i think "recovery" may be em's weakest album yet. but the good tracks are better than a lot of cats shit. too bad there aren't that many.
peace to this post
Old 06-14-2010, 03:30 AM   #9
Rainy Dayz

Rainy Dayz grasshopper

Pretty much agree with whats being said in the thread. Lyrically he is on point, but I'm not digging 80% of the beats and the vibe is just not raw enough in my opinion.

Songs I like -

- Cold Wind Blows
- 25 to Life
- So Bad
- Love the Way You Lie
- Untitled

Everything else is subpar or trash. I definitely am not feeling the direction he took this album with the cinematic, singing vibe I get from it.
Rainy Dayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:43 AM   #10
THUGNIFICENT
Eff Grandad

THUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venomsTHUGNIFICENT five deadly venoms

I remember the first time I saw Anchorman. I thought it was terrible and couldn't make it past the forty-minute mark. But, since I had the DVD, I checked out the special features. Before long, I found myself laughing my ass off, and kept the disc around for a quick laugh the next time I was in the mood for one. The blooper reel and line-o-rama showcase the funny people in the movie, and illustrate the potential it had to be a hilarious film. But they still don't make Anchorman a good movie.

Eminem's new CD, Recovery, is kind of like my Anchorman DVD.

The album's first sixteen tracks are like the film itself, with the three bonus tracks (only one of which being on the physical CD) taking the roll of the extra features. Why on Earth they weren't included on the actual album is beyond me, especially considering some of the songs that did make the cut. Let's cover those songs which were included first.

From the beginning, one of the clear problems with Recovery is the production. This much is clear just from looking at the tracklisting and seeing that Dr. Dre only produces one of Recovery's songs. The beats range from atrocious to good (I wouldn't say that there's any "great" instrumentals), rarely bad enough to warrant a skip but rarely good enough to induce a head-nod.

To make this worse, Eminem sounds uncomfortable and out of place on just about every beat, offering a plethora of weak concepts, played punchlines and artificial emotions. To sum up the lyrical content in one word, I'd probably use "forced." Or maybe "desperate." They're both true.

Marshall spends a lot of time trying to establish to his listeners that good ol' Slim Shady is back. He does this in a few ways. First, he brings out his trademark extremely played, unfunny and dated pop-culture references that are limited to one or two targets (Michael J Fox gets three or four lines dedicated to him over the course of the LP, with each punch being essentially the same). Second, he shits on his last two CD's that everybody - himself included, I guess - hates. And, third, he announces that he's back about twelve times per song, constantly telling the listener he's the best and can't be touched on the mic (his words, not mine).

The problem with this is that he spends so much time telling us that he's back that he doesn't get a chance to be back. Also, he isn't really back. The lyrics here aren't half as good as they were on his last not-fucking-aweful album, The Eminem Show. On the opener "Cold Wind Blows" Em tells us that he'll "stick [his] dick in a circle, but [he's] not fucking around." That's not exactly at the same level as when he was making sure we knew how cancerous he was.

And these lyrics are only on the "I'm The Shit" tracks, which make up about 40 percent of Recovery. The remaining 60 percent are devoted primarily to lifeless love songs, (mostly) trite inspirational tracks, and radio-ready pieces of shit. The love songs are the lesser of these three evils, but are still horrible. "Space Bound" is emo-rap at its worst, frequently sounding like it was written by a junior high-schooler. There's some trademark Em aggression thrown in there, but that's not enough to save such a dismal effort. The inspirational songs are considerably tougher to get through. The lead single "Not Afraid" defies you to listen to it in its entirety, while "Cinderella Man" and "Almost Famous" seem taken from the 8 Mile soundtrack's trash bin. Finally, the fucking atrocious songs appealing to the only people who will actually buy albums these days: teenage girls. "Won't Back Down" (with Pink), "Talkin' 2 Myself" (with Kobe), "No Love" (with Lil Wayne) and "Love the Way You Lie" (with Rihanna) all make a retired Eminem sound like a great idea. Notice how they all have guest spots? Guess what - they make the songs they're on worse. The worst of those four songs is probably "No Love," which features Just Blaze's worst beat in maybe forever, and equally bad verses from Weezy and Slim, with each one of them spending a verse churning out cheesy, forced punchlines in between what may be Eminem's worst hook ever.

As usual with me, almost all of what I've said so far has been negative. There are certainly good parts to Recovery. The third and sixth tracks, "On Fire" and "Going Through Changes," respectively, especially stand out. "On Fire" is produced by D-12 groupmate Mr. Porter, and is the only time on the LP that Em actually lives up to all that "I'm back" bullshit he talks. The lyrics are dark and witty, and Eminem sounds hungry and vicious here. (Unlike in other similar attempts, during which Em seems to confuse lyrical ferocity and intensity with simply screaming.) "Going Through Changes" reveal what he was going for with the majority of the songs on Recovery. While the beat isn't as infectious here as it is on "On Fire," it still gets the job done, allowing room for Eminem to air out some personal stuff. This song basically takes 80% of Relapse and puts it into one song, with Em talking about the before, during, and after of his battle against addiction. The hook is wack as fuck, but other than that it's a dope song.

All in all, Recovery is a disappointing effort from Eminem, but everything he's put out has - to some extent - been a disappointment for the past decade, so it's no big deal. Better luck next time, Slim.

So that's the movie. Credits roll on "You're Never Over," which is as impossible to listen to as the title suggests. Now for the bonus features.

The first, an untitled hidden track, is ferocious. Em does his thing over Havoc's sole beat, eclipsing the success he found with "On Fire." The beat here is a bit better suited to lyrical mayhem, and Eminem pursues that opening to the fullest extent. There good lines and bad ones, but the good definitely outweigh the bad, and this track is a lot of fun while being evil like the old Em.

The second is "Ridaz." This is Slim giving the people some dope fight-music. The listener is most likely to leave this track thinking that they're the fuckin man and can fight anybody, making it the only track on Recovery that succeeds in being inspiring. It is Dr. Dre's second beat on the LP, and proves once again that these two should work together as often as possible.

The final is "Session One," with Slaughterhouse. This is Just Blaze's only dope beat on the CD (let's pray he gave all his good instrumentals to Jay Elec), and everybody does their thing on it. Eminem definitely gets ate though by all of Slaughterhouse, especially returning homebody Royce da 5'9" and Long Beach's own Crooked I. This is straight up punches over a banging instrumental, one with quotables in every verse.

Ultimately, these three tracks alone provide more enjoyment than the rest of Recovery can. These songs all have replay value, whereas only two or three of the actual songs on the album have it. They serve to show a few things: first, that Em still has "it," he just needs to relearn how to unleash it; second, what Recovery could have been; and finally, third, that Recovery really is a bad album when held up to something good.

ALBUM GRADE: 2/5
BONUS CUTS GRADE : 5/5
Ain't that a bitch....
THUGNIFICENT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:47 AM   #11
AliJack

that slaughterhouse Joint that got released is fire!!!!!!!!

anybody notice royce soundin like pac for a few seconds????
Old 06-22-2010, 05:40 PM   #12
RynMur
LVsMostBlunted

RynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkeyRynMur iron monkey

People won't admit it but Eminem sold the fuck out. He a singer now? Every song sounds like it should be on the radio. Alot of bad singing, hooks, and samples.

Skips: Wont Back Down, WTP (serious?), Space Bound (this sample haha)
Top 5: Not Afraid, 25 To Life, So Bad, Almost Famous, Untitled (bonus track)
Grade: (3.5/5) B
Old 06-23-2010, 10:48 AM   #13
J.T.S.
God Of WAr

J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)J.T.S. Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

This album is mediocre at best not surprised though , would've figured that he would follow the same formula he did with relapse..

My evidence, my own testament, written on wood
Twelve tribes layin at the head of corners in hoods
Hell razah
J.T.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 01:47 PM   #14
JakobR
SHAOLIN STUDENT

JakobR drunken mastaJakobR drunken masta

It's a 7/10 (3/5) in my opinion. It's a solid album but no where near the greatness of his first three albums. Quite surprised that Talib Kweli said it was great on his Twitter.

I hope his next album will be something that has nothing to do with him self as a person.

Favourite tracks: No love, Seduction, Almost famous.
Old 06-30-2010, 08:58 PM   #15
Twiztid-Wutang
Veteran Member

Twiztid-Wutang five deadly venomsTwiztid-Wutang five deadly venomsTwiztid-Wutang five deadly venomsTwiztid-Wutang five deadly venomsTwiztid-Wutang five deadly venomsTwiztid-Wutang five deadly venomsTwiztid-Wutang five deadly venomsTwiztid-Wutang five deadly venomsTwiztid-Wutang five deadly venomsTwiztid-Wutang five deadly venoms

Relapse: Detailed review. Hopefully I dont shit on it too hard for yall. I had this album weeks ago, and I figured Id wait to post it till most got ahold of the album.

1) Cold wind blows:
The first few seconds has a cool little melodic hook, Then the beat kicked in, sounded typical and cliched. ''You can get the dick, just call me the ball sack, micheal vick in this bitch, dog, fall back'' This was the first of MANY unexpected and very uncharacteristic punchlines that do NOT fit Eminem. The hook itself was corny, but sticks in your head SADLY.

6/10

2) Talking to myself: The lyrics werent that bad, but the FUCKING hook did nothing but piss me off. We've heard him go on and on about how the fame fucks with him, blah blah for years. Drop it Em, your fucking rich, your NOT alone. ''no one knew I was going through, growing pains''? What, EVERYONE knows your EMO ass was going through shit. You tell us every verse. The beat would fit, Kanye, but not Em.

5.5/10

3)On Fire: FINALLY, This is the Em type track I wanted in this album, and we got one early. Not as violent or wordplay heavy. But the flow worked with the beat nicely. An early favorite.

7/10

4)Wont back down: This beat is so damn loud, alot is going on behind Em, its like he has to yell to be heard. But it took awhile for me to grow on me, and it did a bit. I would say its in the top 5 of the album, since the lyrics and beats go well, though Eminem sounds awkward on most of the beats.

6/10

5)W.T.P: Worst track on the album, and probrably Em's worst track since Shake that ass.

0.5/10

6) Going through changes: A HORRIBLE use of Ozzy on the hook. Sounds JUST like alot of Em's past self loathing songs. Its another Saying goodbye to hollywood, the problem is THAT song was good, This one is not.

4/10

7) Not afraid: What happened to ''Just dont give a fuck'' Eminem? This song is horrible, Not even the beat gets me, I can dig this song at all.

2/10

8)Seduction: The beat is fucking cool, slow, dark, his flow is actually cool, but this song should have been on Relapse. Its not the worst of the album at all, I just think its a little to arrogant. Em normally doesnt go like that. This is like Superman, just not as good.

5/10

9) No love: The worst use of a sample Ive heard since...Going through changes lol. This was the song the mainstream cock suckers probrably looked forward to. I didnt care then, or now. EXCEPT, Eminems verse was fucking bonkers, This is the EMinem I expected on the whole album and didnt get it.

7/10

10) Spacebound: I do NOT know what the hell he was doing on this. This is about Hip hop obviously, Tech n9ne did this SAME type of track and did it ALOT better. I hate this song. Even the typical Women bashing lines sounded forced. VERY very Emo rap of him.

2/10

11) Cinderella Man: Go listen to Drill team by Tech n9ne, Eminem ripped off the beat AND the singing part from him. Lame shit.

1/10

12) 25 to life: I like the singing Hook that the chick does, Once again it doesnt fit em, but I liked it. The song itself was NOT as good as it could have been. MORE self loathing and depressed bullshit. Another track shitting on Hip hop.

2/10

13) So bad: A weak beat, and a VERY VERY weak, lame ass Singing hook by Eminem. He boasts SO much on this album, but he hasnt been great on this album at ALL up to this point.

3/10

14) Almost Famous: I like the way some one compared this to a 8 mile left over. The beat is great though, I think this is one of the better songs on the album. The female singing sample is cool as hell.

7/10

15) love the way you lie: This fucking song is so GOD DAMN DUMB. The chick rihanna bitches about getting a few eye jammies from CB, Then she does a fucking song with the most violent woman basher in hip hop? WHAT

5/10

16) Your never over: From second one, I hated this song. He's singing AGAIN. Damn this album is commercial as fuck. I know it was a Proof tribute, but it didnt work.

4/10

17) Here we go: THIS is easily the best track of the album. JUST like Relapse, with Underground, The last track is the best. Havoc went NUTS on this album, The sample is fucking amazing. And Eminem did his BEST flow on it. 'Havoc on the track I reak it'' The best punchline of the album.

10/10

77/170

In my opinion. One of his weakest albums. And believe me, I will NOT be like most and riding this albums nuts in a year. This album has like 5 out of 17 tracks that I can see on repeat. Untitled is my most played, and will be for a LONG time. but all in all. Fucking horrible album. Relapse MURKED this joint