news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 06-12-2010, 06:14 PM   #1
TheBoarzHeadBoy
כהן גדול

TheBoarzHeadBoy drunken mastaTheBoarzHeadBoy drunken masta
Default The New Prince

I'm just started writing a book of undermined length. I'm calling it The New Prince ("Novus Princeps" to separate it from the cynical Dick Morris book.) It of course is drawn from the thinker Machiavelli to a degree, but it's not about how to take and keep power, but how to do the right thing by people.

Pretty much its about becoming a better person, "A New Prince." Prince being defined in the Roman sense as "first in time or order; the first, chief, the most eminent, distinguished, or noble; the first man, first person." It's pretty much about how to do what you can to be the best person you can be. It's designed around the idea of being the benign dictator in your own life and to do the right thing and make the best decisions. It's written as though it's about being a leader of a country, but the knowledge is more broadly applicable (like Machiavelli's satire can be useful in may different fields.)

I'm writing a chapter on the use of punishment. I've defined Punishment as eight different classes of acts designed to create justice and then I pick apart at them to see what are moral, ethical, and can actually be used.

Shame: The embarassing of a person before society.
Fine: The siezure of property.
Exile: The removal of a person from a given society.
Imprisonment: The removal of a person from society in general.
Indenture: The act of making a person work for no gain.
Corporal Punishment: The infliction of pain without lasting physical consequences.
Severe Corporal Punishment: The infliction of pain with lasting physical consequences.
Capital Punishment: Execution.

I have my own opinions, and I won't share the stuff I'm putting in my book, but want to discuss the pros and cons of this stuff.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:28 PM   #2
CEITEDMOFO
DuncanHine Monument Cakes

CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)CEITEDMOFO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

CEITEDMOFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:33 PM   #3
King Tron 1
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo

King Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venoms

^^^^^^ bwahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

King Tron 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:37 PM   #4
Marlo Stanfield
ADEPT

Marlo Stanfield crouching tiger

Machiavelli's The Prince was terrible. You should not waste your time writing books that are half as bad as his.

Instead, spend more time reading the Bible.
Marlo Stanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 12:25 AM   #5
TSA
BIG OPINION, BIGGER LOAD

www.majeofficial.com

TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TSA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoarzHeadBoy View Post
I'm just started writing a book of undermined length. I'm calling it The New Prince ("Novus Princeps" to separate it from the cynical Dick Morris book.) It of course is drawn from the thinker Machiavelli to a degree, but it's not about how to take and keep power, but how to do the right thing by people.

Pretty much its about becoming a better person, "A New Prince." Prince being defined in the Roman sense as "first in time or order; the first, chief, the most eminent, distinguished, or noble; the first man, first person." It's pretty much about how to do what you can to be the best person you can be. It's designed around the idea of being the benign dictator in your own life and to do the right thing and make the best decisions. It's written as though it's about being a leader of a country, but the knowledge is more broadly applicable (like Machiavelli's satire can be useful in may different fields.)

I'm writing a chapter on the use of punishment. I've defined Punishment as eight different classes of acts designed to create justice and then I pick apart at them to see what are moral, ethical, and can actually be used.

Shame: The embarassing of a person before society.
Fine: The siezure of property.
Exile: The removal of a person from a given society.
Imprisonment: The removal of a person from society in general.
Indenture: The act of making a person work for no gain.
Corporal Punishment: The infliction of pain without lasting physical consequences.
Severe Corporal Punishment: The infliction of pain with lasting physical consequences.
Capital Punishment: Execution.

I have my own opinions, and I won't share the stuff I'm putting in my book, but want to discuss the pros and cons of this stuff.
dope shit.

i like your break down of punishment, when ur done let me know about it.
my only problem is the moral lean, and it's my own personal opinion so don't let it interfere with your work, but everyone thinks they're doing right, it's just ones right is anothers wrong and that's how we get good prince bad prince titles when its really prince in my interest prince against my interest

i think your should clarify this towards the end, that everyone has their own perception of right and wrong, just a thought
Old 10-10-2010, 10:46 PM   #6
TheBoarzHeadBoy
כהן גדול

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlo Stanfield View Post
Machiavelli's The Prince was terrible. You should not waste your time writing books that are half as bad as his.

Instead, spend more time reading the Bible.
I'm starting to think you're a fake religious secondary. The Prince is one of the smartest books ever written. If you realized it was both a serious study of the topic and a satire you'd realize how brilliant Machiavelli was. He both defined how being a successful ruler worked and he also painted it so clearly that it disgusts us.

Its incredibly cynical. He explains the game so that you can draw your own conclusion about it. Its not a guide on how to rule, its a guide on why rule is wrong.

You can't look at it by itself. You have to look at Discourses, The Art of War, and The Prince. When put together you can see that its an observation of something wrong rather then praise for it.

On the other hand the Bible just creates contradictions because its not satirical. Some parts praise violence and other parts praise peace. Can peace and genocide both be good? How? Its the same in every peace spouting religion or movement. So many groups try to label themselves as peaceful and do violent things. Perhaps we should just embrace the violence. Its not a habit we seem to be capable of kicking any time soon.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:13 AM   #7
pro.Graveface
BuddaHazeMysteryDeepSpace

pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to pro.Graveface Send a message via Skype™ to pro.Graveface

Succes !
Mother Yin Father Yang are my GrandParents!
Graveface is now Gravespace
pro.Graveface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 07:32 AM   #8
cutn' heads
mic fury

cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cutn' heads Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i have a hard time believing you're in high school.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:34 AM   #9
BOLO YEUNG

BOLO YEUNG crouching tigerBOLO YEUNG crouching tiger

i thought this was about a new prince album...such a disappointment
BOLO YEUNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:58 AM   #10
pro.Graveface
BuddaHazeMysteryDeepSpace

pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)pro.Graveface Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to pro.Graveface Send a message via Skype™ to pro.Graveface

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOLO YEUNG View Post
i thought this was about a new prince album...such a disappointment
I thought he was going to write the new prince album hehe
Mother Yin Father Yang are my GrandParents!
Graveface is now Gravespace
pro.Graveface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 04:39 PM   #11
TheBoarzHeadBoy
כהן גדול

Why would Prince be in KTL? Plus I would specify. My thread names are pretty straightforward. It would have been "The New Prince Album" or "Look Fags I'm Writing the New Prince Album!"

And yes, as hard as it may seem I'm 18. Still haven't written the book. My ambition is matched only by my attention span, my other responsibilities, and my lack of drive. Which actually sounds contradictory with my ambitions.
Old 10-15-2010, 02:07 PM   #12
Clan Destine

Clan Destine crouching tigerClan Destine crouching tiger

Quote:
It's pretty much about how to do what you can to be the best person you can be.

Quote:
. My ambition is matched only by my attention span, my other responsibilities, and my lack of drive. Which actually sounds contradictory with my ambitions.
How you gonna write a book about being the best you can be, when you're not the best you can be?

Or is it more about preaching, learning, and making it true at the same time?
Clan Destine is offline   Reply With Quote