news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 10-04-2010, 10:34 PM   #1
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default SUPERMAN DIRECTOR FOUND, It is.....

Zack Snyder.

Thats right Zack 300watchmendawnofthedead Snyder.

Quote:
UPDATE: Deadline spoke with Zack Snyder, who confirms that as soon as he completes post on Sucker Punch, he'll move right into the Man of Steel. "I've been a big fan of the character for a long time, he's definitely the king of all superheroes, he's the one," Snyder told Deadline. "It's early yet, but I can tell you that what David and Chris have done with the story so far definitely has given me a great insight into a way to make him feel modern. I've always felt he was kind of awesome. I'll finish Sucker Punch and get right at it."

Says Deadline, "Zack Snyder has been chosen to direct the new installment of Superman. He was on my short list of directors that the studio was considering and producers Chris Nolan and Emma Thomas met with. Snyder is an interesting choice. He is a cornerstone filmmaker for Warner Bros, after directing 300 and the upcoming Suckerpunch."

No doubt much more to come.

Snyder, of course, also directed the adaptation of Watchmen which in the eyes of some was a pretty astounding achievement. One would imagine his creative accomplishment with that film coupled with the success of 300 and what the studio has seen of Sucker Punch have all combined to make him seem like the perfect person to direct.

UPDATES:

The timing couldn't be more perfect for MTV News, which spoke to Zack Snyder about the Superman gig, and to whom the director was pretty enthusiastic in his responses, beginning with the fact that he viewed the gig as "an amazing opportunity."

MTV News was lucky enough to chat with the man in question for a few minutes to address the big news. "It is pretty awesome," Snyder said. "I'm really excited, and I feel like it's an amazing opportunity." He went on to explain that his meeting with Nolan and Emmas Thomas consisted largely of talking about what the Man of Steel means to people today and the character's potential.

"I think that those conversations felt free from teh pressure of an 'audition' and felt more just talking about a character that we both liked. It was really, at that point, I was content if I was the one picked or not, that I had a great visit. From a creative and fan point of view, I was satisfied and that was cool."

He also reassured fans that the character was being looked after "with care," and he credits Nolan's team with coming up with a story that answers the question, "Why remake Superman?" and proves that the character is still relevant for modern audiences.

As to Nolan's involvement he enthuses, "I have a lot of respect for him. I would think that he would be [heavily involved]."

Over at USA Today, while remaining silent on the film's story or approach, he did offer, "Other superheroes, mainly male, have gotten to evolve over the years. Batman. The X-Men. But I think the first (Superman) movies were so well done, he kind of got stuck. I think our challenge is to bring him to a modern audience that's still respectful of the character."

The L.A. Times also had the opportunity to speak to Snyder. When asked why he was approached, Snyder admits that he isn't sure himself, "other than the fact that they know I have a fondness for the character and a real desire to understand him and present him to a new audience. The challenge is huge but you know with Chris and Emma and Debbie I have a lot of people I can rely on. And Chris and David have given this the shape with a great story. It is a hard character to crack."

Again the viability of the character to today's audience came up. "I think he is viable, yes," says Snyder. "He endures. We all want to know, 'How will he come to us now?' He is the biggest and the baddest of them all. The greatest of them all, right? We all want to know how the next chapter takes shape. I want to know how it will take shape."
http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/V.../news/?a=23471

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 10:38 PM   #2
Ghost In The 'Lac
crushed out heavenly

Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Ghost In The 'Lac Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Wow thats a blow.

I thought 300 and Watchment sucked cock. Havent seen Dawn of the dead.
Old 10-05-2010, 09:48 AM   #3
IrOnMaN
I understand

IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)IrOnMaN Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Watchmen is an awesome movie!

He's a good director. He'll do a great job, no doubt.
IrOnMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 12:38 PM   #4
angry!
Banned

angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i like this...

i never read watchmen...

saw the movie.. no expectations... thought it was dope and visually incredible!!!!!!!!!!!

anybody is an upgrade over that faggot singer who made a 300 million dollar bore fest... that homo spent studio money to have clark kent stalk louis like a pussy with no dick... this is why faggots should stick to drama/romance and leave big budget blockbusters to the niggas that know how to get it done!!!!!!!! if i was a WB exec, id have singers faggot head on a platter... guys a disgrace!!!!!!!!!!

id love to watch superman returns with james cameron... just so i could hear him shit on singer... wed have a laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

superman can do anything and singer just wanted to have him prance around in tights whenever he got sick of staring at clark in slacks... biggest FLOP ever... worse than fuckin up daredevil/ghostrider/hulk..
angry! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:17 PM   #5
p-rok73
Veteran Member

p-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal sonp-rok73 prodigal son

I hope they get it right this time...I'm more of a Marvel fan but I did see the last Superman and thought it was average to kind of a boring movie. Isn't Chris Nolan involved with the reboot in some form?
p-rok73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 05:50 PM   #6
Lex Lugor
Parcheesi faced

Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Lex Lugor Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Watchmen was great, 300 wasnt bad, this sounds like good news
Lex Lugor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 08:35 PM   #7
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-rok73 View Post
I hope they get it right this time...I'm more of a Marvel fan but I did see the last Superman and thought it was average to kind of a boring movie. Isn't Chris Nolan involved with the reboot in some form?
Yes, he's overseeing the whole thing, in fact he was the one that approached Snyder for the job.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 09:17 PM   #8
Mcthuggin99
K.O.D

Mcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of fury

anything that has nolans name on it, i trust will be a good thing
Old 10-05-2010, 10:33 PM   #9
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

if nolan thinks this will work than i have faith..eloels.
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:47 PM   #10
MaskedAvenger
Secret Rival

MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MaskedAvenger Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

not really big on superman. I also hate how they just keep rebooting these characters instead of giving us something new.

MaskedAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote