news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Know The Ledge

Old 10-07-2005, 11:10 PM   #1
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default white VS white. is it racism?

some people assume that just because the skin colour of the person they are discriminating against is the same (or virtually the same) as theirs then their commments or actions are not racist. again this brings up the question of whether racism is confined to discrimination against people of another race eg. africans and europeans or does the definition extend to that of cultural discrimination. discrimination between for instance the irish and the english is technically the same as that between those of african and european origins (although obviously the extremities of racism occuring in these two respective groups is vastly different). is cultural discrimination based on race against someone with the same skin colour as you racism, or is it just discrimination

opinions?

*note: by no means am i saying that white Vs white racism occurs to the same degree to that of european racism against asian or african etc or visa versa.

Last edited by Longbongcilvaringz; 12-25-2006 at 12:05 PM.
Longbongcilvaringz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 11:24 PM   #2
Black Hole
Compressed Material

Black Hole grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to Black Hole
Default Re: white VS white. is it racism?

Quote:
Originally Posted by illstatiq.
this issue confuses me. some people assume that just because the skin colour of the person they are discriminating against is the same (or virtually the same) as theirs then their commments or actions are not racist. again this brings up the question of whether racism is specifically confined to discrimination against people distinctly of another race eg. africans and europeans or does the definition extend to that of cultural discrimination. discrimination between for instance the irish and the english is technically the same as that between those of afrcan and european origins (although i do recognise that in actuallity the extremities of racism occuring in these two respective groups is vastly different). is cultural discrimination based on race against someone with the same skin colour as you racism, or is it mere discrimination.

opinions?

*note: by no means am i saying that white Vs white racism occurs to the same degree to that of european racism against asian or african etc or visa versa.
Everything always depends on something. No matter what, everybody on the inside is always racist. It's always prejudice. It's one of our bodily functions since birth. Tis normal that a white person notices that a black person is black, vice versa. And tis' normal to be suspicious of the person in question and to question his postition in existance. I would continue on. But the radial energies inside of me cannot send much more information beyond my event horizon. Immaculate Immaculate.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:28 PM   #3
Longbongcilvaringz

Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Longbongcilvaringz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

so do you think it racism if a white person discrimitates against someone of the same skin clour but technically of a different race or not.

Old 10-07-2005, 11:30 PM   #4
thwak
over rates mathematics

thwak grasshopper
Send a message via AIM to thwak

I don't think it's racist because the whole idea behind racisim is that one race is more superior than the other, so to say that you are superioir to your own race is kinda ironic.
Old 10-07-2005, 11:53 PM   #5
Sicka than aidZ
JOKER FAM

Sicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venomsSicka than aidZ five deadly venoms

i dont think your born rascist,lol.... thats one hell of a question tho, know i dont think it is rascist, kinda like what thwak said
Old 10-08-2005, 12:51 AM   #6
7EL7
Yes Yes Yall

7EL7 crouching tiger

the word racism needs to be looked at closer here

"See, I will send you the prophet Elijah before that great and dreadful day of the LORD comes.
He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers; or else I will come and strike the land with a curse."
7EL7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 03:03 AM   #7
Os3y3ris
Veteran Member

Os3y3ris shaolin monk

I'd consider it xenophobic or nationalistic or something.
Os3y3ris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 05:42 AM   #8
Longbongcilvaringz

but think about it. consider the situation of the irsih and the english in the past, that way a case where the english looked on the irish as inferior and positioned themselves in superiority. and race isnt really defined by what colour you are, it is your culture rather then your skin. for instance there is a vast difference between the cultures and races of the french and americans. therefore isnt it evident that they are different races as they are totally different iin as many ways as the chinese and the USA.

Old 10-08-2005, 06:11 AM   #9
tha god concept
akaTRIFE TYSON~spitboxer

tha god concept shaolin monk
Send a message via MSN to tha god concept

yall cats are fuckin weak minded yo

catch a clue.................4reel....bitch style mutha fuckas
" WASTED ON THE USUAL WIT MOM DUKES WAITIN ON THE FUNERAL"
"MY MOUSTACHE LIKE ADOLFS"-Ghostface
tha god concept is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 06:36 AM   #10
Soul Controller
Yammich maeker

Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by APSU
the word racism needs to be looked at closer here

indeed
if we are all one race
the human race.. we can not be rascist,

now the only way rascism exists in its current meaning is
if, their are more than 1 type of human race..
what genetics has already confirmed..
so the question is.

who made all these races, or how was they made..
and why are we told that their is just a human race.

peace

LulZ KillZ Phear....

http://thepiratenetwork.org

"THE ALL is MIND; The Universe is Mental." The Kybalion.

Soul Controller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 06:42 AM   #11
Longbongcilvaringz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tha god concept
yall cats are fuckin weak minded yo

catch a clue.................4reel....bitch style mutha fuckas
um, point taken. out of interest do you live near skale.

Old 10-08-2005, 07:37 AM   #12
SubtleEnergies
Veteran Member

SubtleEnergies grasshopper

I think it can be racism. Heaps of anglo-saxons hate italians, spaniards etc. And the jews with hitler (although jew isnt a race that was racial...).

Skin color isn't a defining feature of race apparently.
SubtleEnergies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 07:42 AM   #13
Longbongcilvaringz

^^true. lots of hate of italians in aus. i am half italian but it was bad back in the day for italians and immigrants in general.

Old 10-08-2005, 07:52 AM   #14
SubtleEnergies
Veteran Member

SubtleEnergies grasshopper

Yeah my grandparents couldn't get into Australia because of the White Australia Policy coz they were spanish. They moved to England and changed their names and then came here.

In Aus we are such a mixed country.....not of blacks and whites but italians, greeks, lebs, irish, chinese, vietnamese etc.... When Italians and spanish first came here (they being the real non Irish backgrounders to try and make this an actual home) the Irish/ english back grounders treated em like shit. They were "greasy", "dirty", "wogs" ......
SubtleEnergies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 08:31 AM   #15
Soul Controller
Yammich maeker

Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Soul Controller Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

thats not rascism
thats

divide and conquer

LulZ KillZ Phear....

http://thepiratenetwork.org

"THE ALL is MIND; The Universe is Mental." The Kybalion.

Soul Controller is offline   Reply With Quote