news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 06-19-2010, 02:01 PM   #1
Nasty Nash

Nasty Nash iron monkeyNasty Nash iron monkeyNasty Nash iron monkey
Default RIP Manute Bol

Manute Bol passed away 2 hrs ago in a hospital in Reston, VA. Passed away at 47 years old

Manute Bol Passes Away

Saturday, June 19, 2010
Posted By Andy Hutchins 2:30 PM
As first reported by a Facebook group affiliated with one of his charities, Manute Bol passed away this morning at the age of 47. (A screengrab of the Facebook message follows after the jump. Thanks to MLB.com's Mike McCall for providing it.)
Sudan Sunrise, a charity Bol has worked with, is listed as the contact for that group, and responded via email: "Sudan Sunrise is very sorry to pass on the news that Manute Bol died this morning, June 19, 2010, at UVA Hospital in Charlottesville, VA. Sudan and the world have lost a hero and an example for all of us. Manute, we'll miss you. Our prayers and best wishes go out to all his family, and all who mourn his loss." Even as Twitter-sourced stories go, Bol's death initially seemed sketchy and light on details, but that Facebook group had been updating members on Bol's condition since he was hospitalized for kidney problems in mid-May. This tweet was the first I saw that noted the group sent a message to members informing them of Bol's passing this morning.
Bol spent ten seasons in the NBA, roaming the paint with his lean, 7'7" frame and specializing as a shot-blocker. He ranks second to Mark Eaton in blocks per game, and twice blocked 15 shots in one contest.
But it is his post-basketball career of philanthropy and service that merits the lion's share of Bol's popularity. His efforts in the Sudan, his native country, were recently praised by the KC Star's Sam Mellinger, and they will be his lasting legacy. Mellinger also tweeted that Bol has died, as has New York Times reporter Nick Kristof, and the Star has published a report on Bol's passing.
"Saint" is not a word used to describe many people. But I suspect it will be used many times to describe the great Manute Bol

Read more: http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/the...#ixzz0rKy8ByEM

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/the...ol_passes_away

Last edited by BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI; 06-19-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Nasty Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 02:09 PM   #2
ALCATRAZ
sleepless in basedworld

ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

damn! RIP... he was a good person
ALCATRAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 04:02 PM   #3
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

A truly good dude. Remember when he tried to box and play hockey? Good times.

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 04:29 PM   #4
11th Chamber
Are U Watching Closely?

11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury11th Chamber fist of fury

RIP. Always seemed like a cool guy
11th Chamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 04:40 PM   #5
INF
Digital @fterLife

INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)INF Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to INF

rip
INF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 06:05 PM   #6
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

R.I.P. to one of the all time greats.

check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 06:06 PM   #7
Jammin
Veteran Member

Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Jammin Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

oh shit rip

47 years old? damn
Old 06-19-2010, 08:08 PM   #8
Olive Oil Goombah
Anglophile

Olive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killaOlive Oil Goombah shaolin masta killa

Real tall people like that don't live long lives.

If you are 6'5" and above, you dont live very long. HOw many real tall old people do you see?

There bodies start to break down quicker.
Old 06-25-2010, 12:13 PM   #9
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

I remember he used to always get dunked on hahahahahahahahahaha. I've seen Charles Barkley and Michael Jordan dunk on him. His jumpshot was ugly too but he was a decent 3 point shooter. He blocked a lot of shots too. I think i read recently in his obituary that he's the NBA's blocked shots leader of all time. RIP Manute.
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 04:29 PM   #10
Sense-A
PRODIGAL SUN

Sense-A prodigal sonSense-A prodigal sonSense-A prodigal sonSense-A prodigal sonSense-A prodigal sonSense-A prodigal son

"I got a crime record longer than manute bol" - Big L
Old 06-28-2010, 05:28 PM   #11
cap
THE ILL ONE

cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)cap Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via MSN to cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sense-A View Post
"I got a crime record longer than manute bol" - Big L
you beat me to it! this happens a lot to me, when a random name i dont even know sparks a hip hop lyric in my head.

cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 05:28 PM   #12
V4D3R
Singularity Instigator

V4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venomsV4D3R five deadly venoms

RIP - I know his niece in Ottawa. She said she used to be scared to death when he would put her on his shoulders when she was a youngin...

V4D3R is offline   Reply With Quote