news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Digital Underground

Old 10-04-2011, 11:43 AM   #31
RagnaroK
Strider Hiryu

RagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinsword View Post
started this the other day and I can't get the hang of hacking, everytime I try to do something the system always goes to alert after I capture the first node
Also there're # of % which represents chances of getting detected (some hacks will add more stealth to give you even lower %), is best to choose the lower % node first and fortify your point of entry and captured nodes, thou fortifying will get you detected more quickly but it helps by slowing down the security detection (Important to know: the % represent chances, it means that sometime the system will detect you right away and sometimes it won't).

Some nodes have bonuses like XP, Credits, Stop Worms and Nukes. Before hacking, on the hacking screen press select to see the meaning of each icons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy Chase View Post
That's how I felt before getting to the end.

A couple of other things I didn't like that much:

Too much hacking when there should be another way around getting in certain rooms.
Too little interaction with important characters. Made me wonder who to choose for at the end. I barely got to talk to any of them.
Bossfights are dumb as shit.
Not getting ghost eventhough no one saw me or any alarms went off, this seems to be a bug.
Half of the characters look like shit eventhough the rest of the graphics were pretty good.

Aside from that and the horrible ending, it was a pretty awesome game.
I personally like the hacking system, is like a mini game to me and you get XP which it can get you Praxis Points, so is rewarding and you're not wasting time. Remember you don't have to hack everything, every room, every door, every level have multiples ways to get in. If you can't hack look for a vent, or for a Pocket Secretary for the password or a wall to break. This game rewards you for exploring.

What i wish for is for a game like this to have a 3rd person view option, why in hell a game like this have to be 1st person in the first place. Also for God sakes! sometimes I feel the need to kill a guard because the animation is much more cooler than knocking them down, why in hell everybody automatically gets hostile even when nobody saw me killing him, that is really stupid as hell and it kills the fun.

Sacrificing older life to create a new lifeform blessed with the fruit of life

Last edited by RagnaroK; 10-04-2011 at 11:59 AM.
RagnaroK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:08 PM   #32
JASPER
Dr. Rosenpenis

JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagnaroK View Post
Also there're # of % which represents chances of getting detected (some hacks will add more stealth to give you even lower %), is best to choose the lower % node first and fortify your point of entry and captured nodes, thou fortifying will get you detected more quickly but it helps by slowing down the security detection (Important to know: the % represent chances, it means that sometime the system will detect you right away and sometimes it won't).

Some nodes have bonuses like XP, Credit, Stop Worms and Nukes. Before hacking on the hacking screen press select to see the meaning of the icons.

I personally like the hacking system, is like a mini game to me and you get XP which it can get you Praxis Points, so is rewarding and you're not wasting time. Remember you don't have to hack everything, every room, every door, every level have multiples ways to get in. If you can't hack look for a vent, or for a Pocket Secretary for the password or a wall to break. This game rewards you for exploring.

What i wish for is for a game like this to have a 3rd person view option, why in hell a game like this have to be 1st person in the first place. Also for God sakes! sometimes I feel the need to kill a guard because the animation is much more cooler than knocking them down, why in hell everybody automatically gets hostile even when nobody saw me killing him, that is really stupid as hell and it kills the fun.
The hacking system is pretty cool, but gets boring after a while. And I think it's overpowered or overrewarded. That amount of XP is too much for such a simple clickety click game. And then to think there's tons of UAD's in the game. I prefer to find alternative ways to getting into rooms or finding passwords to computers/terminals. And 75% of the time there's a vent or other way to get there. The thing is, some side missions can only be completed if you have upgraded your hacking skills. I did upgrade my skills to finish a mission, but it didn't feel right. I'm not Pritchard the 1337hax0r.

I think it was said somewhere in some tutorial that lethal takedowns make as much noise as firing a gun and will alert enemies.

It's 1st person, because it's also a shooter. I think the game combines 1st and 3rd person very well. Haven't seen any other game do it better.

Last edited by JASPER; 10-04-2011 at 12:10 PM.
JASPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 12:23 PM   #33
RagnaroK
Strider Hiryu

RagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killa

They could've made it like Metal Gear Solid were you can kill guards and as long as they don't shoot back, call radio, or the other guard sees you killing them nobody will notice and if someone is close they will hear it and check it out, but it won't go into alarm automatically. Killing causing hostility automatically just narrow your options, thats all Im saying...

and I just love 3rd person view games over 1st person any day. Anyway i'll come back to this thread after I finish the game.

Last edited by RagnaroK; 10-04-2011 at 12:27 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:56 PM   #34
JASPER
Dr. Rosenpenis

JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)JASPER Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
They could've made it like Metal Gear Solid were you can kill guards and as long as they don't shoot back, call radio, or the other guard sees you killing them nobody will notice and if someone is close they will hear it and check it out, but it won't go into alarm automatically. Killing causing hostility automatically just narrow your options, thats all Im saying...

and I just love 3rd person view games over 1st person any day. Anyway i'll come back to this thread after I finish the game.
If the other enemies are close enough to hear their buddy dying they will be alerted. Same happens with non lethal takedowns, but the chance is smaller. Which is realistic. Getting choked or knocked the fuck out should make less noise than getting stabbed in the gut, from which you don't die instantly.

I won't spoil the end, but if you paid attention to emails and dialogues you will be disappointed.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:11 PM   #35
Fresh
the most wanted

Fresh drunken mastaFresh drunken masta
Send a message via MSN to Fresh

personally didnt like the game very much

- cutscenes. fucking cutscenes. plus cutscene for every takedown? stupid
- should be 3rd person
- too much takedown. i wanted to play stealth. its just wait, takedown, move body, repeat. for every level. where the fuck are the silence weapons? (did i miss them :S ?). definetely should have been shooting bits, like 5 guys in an area but cant call for backup so u have to take them out. i think there was one of these where like 20 guys invaded a room. that was good. but missions shouldve had more variety.
- shit boss fights
- shit short brown hair deep voice white guy lead
- shit walkie talkie companions
Old 10-08-2011, 06:56 AM   #36
RagnaroK
Strider Hiryu

Finished the game yesterday.

(just underline to read)
Quote:
Now you can explain to me your opinion about the endings, why it was such a disappointment for you?. As for me the 4 endings and the secret scene after the credit was nice, not the ending players deserve thou. Instead of doing a stupid video of real world events with Jensen's monologue over it they should've done some CG cutscene with the games graphics like every other game does. As for having multiple endings while choosing a side, thats something Deus EX is known for.
Button line for me, I feel the game was a good buy and i'll wait patiently for another release hoping they make better on the simple things this game lacked.

Last edited by RagnaroK; 10-08-2011 at 06:58 AM.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:24 AM   #37
JASPER
Dr. Rosenpenis

Quote:
Finished the game yesterday.

(just underline to read)

Button line for me, I feel the game was a good buy and i'll wait patiently for another release hoping they make better on the simple things this game lacked.
Panchea station was dumb. The enemies were zombies, I FUCKING HATE ZOMBIES, especially in games. Through out the game I haven't interacted (because I couldn't) with the people I'm supposed to help by pressing the button. Darrow I've only seen as a hologram for two seconds and then bam at the finale level I'm having a 1 minute conversation with him where he is convincing me.
And then Megan... 90% of the game is spent going to places looking for Megan. Everytime Jensen spoke to Pritchard, Malik, Sarif etc it was Megan this, Megan that, got to find Megan. Then you finally find her and she's like oh wow, you're alive Adam. I'm working for Darrow now, okay bye. Seriously, that interaction was fucking shorter than with Tracer Tong.
The ending was maybe even the worst... buttons... really. Just buttons. And then the ending movies look like they were made by an AV student. I rather have seen how my choices affected the places I've been and people I've met. I wanted to see how Detroit would be changed or see Bill Taggarts face when I choose for Sarif. Instead they're showing me some stock video bs with dumb narration. The only thing I could appreciate was the Bob Page and Megan secret movie.

Fucking disappointing.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:35 AM   #38
RagnaroK
Strider Hiryu

Quote:
I agree with you for the most part, specially on wanting to see the outcome of your decision. When I saw the guards go insane after the chip activation I just thought of MGS4. Another thing, no epic last boss fight it was just some robots here, some crazy dudes there, i used grande launcher on them and was done quick. I also which they added your stats at the end of the game to see how well you did on the playthrough.

Old 10-08-2011, 09:52 AM   #39
JASPER
Dr. Rosenpenis

All the boss fights were dumb. I'm starting the game with a stealth mindset. No killing, not getting caught, no alarms, just ghosting through the game like a ninja. First level, here's a machine gun. Fuck. Luckily, I managed to sneak past the baddies without being seen. And from there on I keep playing non lethal and stealthy. Don't feel the need to upgrade my battle augs or buy guns and grenades, just ghosting. For some reason I didn't get the ghost bonus on a lot of missions, eventhough no one was ever alerted or even suspicious for a second. Turned out it was a bug. Fuck it, not playing through that again. Then when I meet Barrett, I realise I'm not fit for battle, I have no guns and my augs are all battery, speed, lifting and jumping.

Luckily the fucker blew himself up somehow without me even shooting at him. That added to my non lethal way of playing so it didn't bother me that much. But still, I wasn't prepared for this and I rather avoid bosses.

I kind of forgot what the point was I wanted to make, but I really enjoyed the game, except for the last part. Everything until Panchea I would rate 9/10 everything after is 4/10.