news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 07-20-2010, 01:36 PM   #16
angry!
Banned

angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)angry! Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

nah...

they should stop making bad comic book movies... and either give the movie rights to people that love the source material, or creative people inspired by the source material!!!!!!!!

its a fuckin shame...

they yet to make a authentic X-MEN flick, they made a gay rights action fantasy out of the franchise... brian singer is a faggot, that should direct faggot films... get someone that loves the comics, and youll get a good movie... SIMPLE!!!!!!!!!

they yet to make a dope SUPERMAN movie with crazy effects/huge set pieces.... again... they give it to brian singer, who makes a 300 million dollar "i dream of supes in love/lets cast closet fag spacey as lex and fag out on WB dime"!!!!!!!!!!!

2 wack punisher movies, a proper punisher movie, will click with audiences, and be a fan favorite franchise, source material ... is already THERE!!!!!!!

green lantern movie, gonna be epic disaster, van wilder ruins every movie hes, by being, van wilder!!!!!!!!!!!!! get a black actor (michael jai white) and make green lantern... HUGE!!!!!!!!

yet to make a proper HULK movie... bana sucked, nolte was on SMACK... ed norton was weak, effects were trash, set pieces were garbage, colors were muted.. make it bright, vibrant, outlandish, like the comics!!!!!!!!!!

and i still wanna see...

BATMAN: THE DARK KNIGHT by frank miller... made into a film... with an old, battered, over the hill, alcoholic bruce wayne, pullin out the cape... i had a dream SLY was in where he was an old bruce wayne... shit was GULLY!!!!!!!!

it can co-exist alongside NOLANS vision...

just like theres a 100 different batman stories on the shelf of bookstores... they can co-exist!!!!!!!

why cant there be 2 different spiderman films being made at once!?!?!?!? cuz studios livin in the past!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you know... they made a wolverine origins flick, that barely covered his origins!!!!!!!!

the idea was there, just give it to somebody that actually cares about wolverine... not some faggot prick lookin to impress the studio with his hollow reinvisioning!!!!!!!!

burton didnt know shit about batman, and the OG batman is classic...

why!??!?!?!!? his take was daring, visually pleasing, different, and DOPE!!!!!!!

i like pandemics idea about lynch directing a comic book movie...

give lynch a big budget comic book movie... and even if it has little to do with the source material, itll win, cuz audiences are smarter than the box office thinks!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by angry!; 07-20-2010 at 01:39 PM.
angry! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 06:35 PM   #17
KZA
COME AT ME BRO

KZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to KZA

hollywood runs out of ideas when it comes to making movies so taking ideas from a comic book would turn it into profit.

im tired of the reboots of spider-man, batman, x-men, superman. is it really necessary to watch the origins over and over. they could have it summarized in a flashback in less than 90 seconds or just buy the damn dvd of the previous stories to get an understanding of what is going on.

also canceling cartoons and rebooting them also. spectacular spider-man and wolverine and the x-men were damn good cartoons too.

KZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 09:42 PM   #18
Bobby_Digital72
PRODIGAL SUN

Bobby_Digital72 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby_Digital72 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby_Digital72 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby_Digital72 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby_Digital72 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby_Digital72 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby_Digital72 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby_Digital72 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby_Digital72 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby_Digital72 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Bobby_Digital72 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

A bit off topic but i think the same arguement can made about video game adaptions...
Old 07-20-2010, 10:02 PM   #19
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

there were 3 punisher movies btw
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 01:28 AM   #20
TheBoarzHeadBoy
כהן גדול

TheBoarzHeadBoy drunken mastaTheBoarzHeadBoy drunken masta

One of my biggest problems is they set them in the wrong time. Captain American was a world war 2 super soldier. I don't want him updated and turned into a PTSD political statement or something. I want to see a one man army fucking shit up from D Day to Berlin where he personally rips Hitler a new asshole with the irreverence of Inglorious Bastards. You know, a proper ultra patriotic Nazi slam fest. Then in the last scene tosses his VE Day newspaper in the fire of a burning panzer tank and says something like "I'm thinking this Stalin bastard needs a fucking good lickin'." He should be like a young George Patton with super powers.

Ironman was fucking shit up in Vietnam. I want a patriotic view of Vietnam. These are superheroes, they represent the American spirit, my opinion is you don't shit on America, ever. And I want at least a Ghostface Killah cameo (cough War Machine cough). He deserves it... Tony Starks my nigga!

Batman should be set in either the 1920s or the 1960s in Chicago. You know, fisticuffs with the mob and shit. Beating down thugs with their own tommy guns and shit. Telling that "Untouchable" Elliot Ness to shove it up his ass. That's cinema.

I mean they don't try to do Sherlock Holmes in 2010. The only attempt at that was House MD which would suck miserably if Hugh Lauries wasn't a genius actor. As is its still stupid at times because you realize that every episode is solved and everyone expects him to kill the guy instead of saving him every fucking episode... but that's not really because of the setting.

You know what I'd like to see? A better version of The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen. For arguably the best idea ever in modern fiction, they made a second rate movie. I mean I love Connery so he can do no wrong, but that movie could have been a lot better. I'm a bit of a Victorian science fiction lover myself, so here's what I want to see for a "comic book movie":

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: War of The Worlds

Worthy of being written by Alan Moore. You know, Volume II. Since the original movie was loosely based on the first volume and there are 4 volumes (including black dossier) they can make an unrelated sequel without trampling on the first one or acknowledging its lackluster quality. Oh and make it R. I want to see hyde (who looks like a steroided out Nosferatu) rip someone in half/eat them... a little? I mean watchmen wasn't terrible, they can make decent movies with comic book heroes. I'm not sure it should be a Zack Snyder movie, but he's probably one of the only directors who has made comic book movie work almost to its fullest.

IMO, if it's Alan Moore, make it smart. If its DC make it over the top violent. If its Marvel make it feel good but not in a goody goody way.
Old 07-21-2010, 10:52 PM   #21
tostones

tostones crouching tiger
Send a message via MSN to tostones

One of the problems is that comicbooks (graphics and the written word combined) is a strong medium in its own right, and allows for things that just aren't possible in a film (or at the very least very hard to pull off).

For example, a lot of comix will have a running naration which is hard to do on film. Also, comix can show you the thoughts of characters in writing, which is hard to pull off in film. There are many more examples.

A lot of the stuff that "happens" in comics, happens in our heads. To use Scott McCloud's example, when someone raises an axe in one frame, and then there's a head in the basket in the next frame, our mind creates the killing in that little blank column in between. This is happening time and time again throughout the entire comic. Tapping into that is virtually impossible in film.

Its like, yo every supes story you ever read happened partly in your head. Can a hollywood film ever really match that?

peace