news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 08-17-2010, 04:14 PM   #16
djskillz
Raggamuffin

djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)djskillz Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^you mean west coast? either way he's from queens so....

So many bodies on my microphone the shit's haunted
djskillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 08:35 PM   #17
spiggity_ace
Veteran Member

spiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venomsspiggity_ace five deadly venoms

yea my bad lol, west coast rza, oh and on the prince paul comment, rza says he learned a lot of how to produce from prince paul and RNS
Old 08-18-2010, 08:37 AM   #18
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

First, Muggs didn't say that RZA stole his style, and second, with that first Cypress Hill album he influenced literally every rap producer there is. Let's be realistic, he was the first who actually produced songs to sound trippy, around '93 everybody was doing it (in their own way or not).

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE FRANCHISE™ View Post
LOL hes fucking up here, Gravediggaz album was recorded before 36 chambers even
Nope.
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:51 AM   #19
hectis
Vic

hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

I like to know why this is even being brought up its from 8 years ago why can't wu corpers stop bring up old news I mean if he would have said this last week ok but fuck 8 years ago stop bring up old shit so much am pretty sure everyone can agree that both are great producers

Banner appears courtesy of the craft of Bobby_Digital72
hectis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:34 PM   #20
-The A to the Z-
Veteran Member

-The A to the Z- iron monkey-The A to the Z- iron monkey-The A to the Z- iron monkey-The A to the Z- iron monkey-The A to the Z- iron monkey

The 2 got a good relationship, so it isn't like any accusation you're making it out to be.
-The A to the Z- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:38 PM   #21
Soulless
PRODIGAL SUN

Soulless crouching tiger

What is Muggs smoking? I've never seen producers say silly stuff like that. How could he possibly say that "The Jump Off" is his beat. It shares the sample with "How Could I Kill a Man" but those two beats sound about as different as two beats that share the same sample can.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:50 PM   #22
StoneMessiah
SHAOLIN STUDENT

StoneMessiah shaolin masta killaStoneMessiah shaolin masta killaStoneMessiah shaolin masta killaStoneMessiah shaolin masta killaStoneMessiah shaolin masta killaStoneMessiah shaolin masta killaStoneMessiah shaolin masta killaStoneMessiah shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by angry! View Post

MUGGS SHOULD DO AN ALBUM WITH KILLAH PRIEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i think i heard that was supposed to happen back in the day but priest was too busy??? not sure

muggs is ill rza is ill bottom line. people can hate on whoever but thats pretty lame to be like "fuck that rza's number 1 he never bit nobody" it's the hip hop game. you can say emcees bite coke la rock if you want. gang starr was puttin joints out in like what 89-90 that was samplin crazy before 36 chambers. it's all peace between everybody and they make each other money so why be upset. nobody is payin my bills lol
StoneMessiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 05:48 PM   #23
Shogah
HONOLULU STATUS

Shogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal sonShogah prodigal son

I always felt that muggs style was similar to rza's and other way around, but i don't think that first 2 cypress hill albums were so rugged like 36.

He had some darker tones in his production but rza brought it to another level

And that "Tramp" sample was used in many songs, and frankly rza brought it to another level with jump off, that beat is crazy.

Definitely rza picked up something from muggs, that is inevitable in music business
but you can't just say that he took his style.
Shogah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:04 PM   #24
ALCATRAZ
sleepless in basedworld

ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)ALCATRAZ Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

at the end of the day rza will live on as a legend muggs wont LOLZ
ALCATRAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 12:06 AM   #25
StoneMessiah
SHAOLIN STUDENT

StoneMessiah shaolin masta killaStoneMessiah shaolin masta killaStoneMessiah shaolin masta killaStoneMessiah shaolin masta killaStoneMessiah shaolin masta killaStoneMessiah shaolin masta killaStoneMessiah shaolin masta killaStoneMessiah shaolin masta killa

only to cats that don't truly appreciate hip hop
StoneMessiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 01:58 AM   #26
sickdog
PRODIGAL SUN

sickdog iron monkeysickdog iron monkeysickdog iron monkeysickdog iron monkey

muggs > rza
sickdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:23 PM   #27
Edgar Erebus
Munching eyes since 1989

Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Edgar Erebus Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALCATRAZ View Post
at the end of the day rza will live on as a legend muggs wont LOLZ
At the end of the day you suck a dead man's dick on a regular OMFG
"The Devil is not the Prince of Matter; the Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt. The Devil is grim because he knows where he is going, and, in moving, he always returns whence he came."
Edgar Erebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:21 AM   #28
Noyz
SHAOLIN STUDENT

Noyz prodigal sonNoyz prodigal sonNoyz prodigal sonNoyz prodigal sonNoyz prodigal sonNoyz prodigal son

Muggs and RZA are both top 5 all time for me, but how is he going to complain about RZA biting his style when this beat here sounds straight from the 'In Stereo' era, right down to the bugged out synth notes at 2:11

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUWZ7Rt57I8
Old 08-20-2010, 08:24 AM   #29
hectis
Vic

hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

even if muggs did do it first I doubt he would ever be able to produce classics like the rza did and I mean that with the no disrespect to muggs

Banner appears courtesy of the craft of Bobby_Digital72
hectis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:12 PM   #30
Damon
The DZA

Damon crouching tigerDamon crouching tiger

Ive been a lifelong Cypress Hill fan, and beats are one thing, and correct me if Im wrong, but I dont remember B-Real spittin lyrics about drinkin cold glasses of vinegar and chewin his fuckin arm off.

I'll give Muggs a pass on this one, he must have been high as a kite. Dude knows better than that to make such boisterous claims.

Damon is offline   Reply With Quote