news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 08-19-2010, 07:07 AM   #31
deeznutz1981
PRODIGAL SUN

deeznutz1981 prodigal sondeeznutz1981 prodigal sondeeznutz1981 prodigal sondeeznutz1981 prodigal sondeeznutz1981 prodigal sondeeznutz1981 prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokostyle View Post
It could be interesting to make a contest for the best version of ob4cl2.
9-10 tracks minimum and 15 tracks maximum. It includes the tracks selection and their sequencing.

^^ i'll give it a shot i'll be bored as fuck allday at work here so let me see if i can think something up.

and I think claaa7 is correct that My Corner was supposed to be for CL2 from what I remember anyway and I'm pretty sure it's produced by RZA

My Corner
Fly Shorty Penelope
Baggage Handlers

all could have easily been on that album. Only problem with Baggage Handlers is Rae is rapping about CL2 coming so he would have had to change his style. what a waste of a J Dilla beat though smh

deeznutz1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 07:26 AM   #32
Jin10304
Veteran Member

Jin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venoms

"My Corner was supposed to be for CL2 from what I remember "

naw pretty sure it wasnt. Any subsequent tracks released by Rae after SOG was automatically assumed as another CL2 track by sites & blogs which wasnt the case. Case in point, Penelope is from 99'
Jin10304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:09 AM   #33
deeznutz1981
PRODIGAL SUN

deeznutz1981 prodigal sondeeznutz1981 prodigal sondeeznutz1981 prodigal sondeeznutz1981 prodigal sondeeznutz1981 prodigal sondeeznutz1981 prodigal son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post

naw pretty sure it wasnt. Any subsequent tracks released by Rae after SOG was automatically assumed as another CL2 track by sites & blogs which wasnt the case. Case in point, Penelope is from 99'

penelope is from 99? i never heard that. who said it's from 99??? and who produced it? i always thought Necro made that beat for some reason

Old 08-19-2010, 10:49 AM   #34
ForensikZ
SLIMEY SAVAGE

ForensikZ crouching tigerForensikZ crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post

idk.. the beat sounds like it'd fit, produced by rza so it was prolly from the same sessions. id like to put it on.. thinking about switching it and surgical gloves
ForensikZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:01 AM   #35
deeznutz1981
PRODIGAL SUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
idk.. the beat sounds like it'd fit, produced by rza so it was prolly from the same sessions. id like to put it on.. thinking about switching it and surgical gloves
Actually thinking about it I think Jin is correct cause the lyrics Raekwon mentions something about the purple tape coming soon or something of that nature. meaning he wouldnt have intended my corner for the actual album sort of like baggage handlers

Old 08-21-2010, 05:34 AM   #36
shahcronz
SHAOLIN STUDENT

shahcronz drunken mastashahcronz drunken mastashahcronz drunken masta
Send a message via ICQ to shahcronz

can someone upload the hq/nodj version of 'my corner' please. i just wanted to compile my personal obfl2 album but i couldnt find the good version anymore...

thanks in advance
shahcronz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 09:29 AM   #37
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeznutz1981 View Post
Actually thinking about it I think Jin is correct cause the lyrics Raekwon mentions something about the purple tape coming soon or something of that nature. meaning he wouldnt have intended my corner for the actual album sort of like baggage handlers
i haven't listened to the song in a good while but if i remember correctly he's talking about the first Purple Tape taking the world by storm or something. to me it sounded like it was done for the album and like i said before Allah Mathematics credited it to RZA on his mixtape. besides "State Of Grace" this was the only track released prior to 2008 that i thought sounded complete and CL2 worthy.

Shacronz: i uploaded the song for you, it's a full version without DJ but the volume is much lower than on most mp3's. if anyone's able to fix that: http://www.mediafire.com/?84cqrr4fidez145

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 09:44 AM   #38
Mcthuggin99
K.O.D

Mcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of furyMcthuggin99 fist of fury

J Dilla Production on CL2 >>>>>>>>>>>> Rza's production on CL2 including the cuts

i wouldnt change the tracklist at all. i like the album as is.

and when you create yall own versions, do you make a 2nd version or do you just use the one you got?
Old 08-21-2010, 11:41 AM   #39
shahcronz
SHAOLIN STUDENT

shahcronz drunken mastashahcronz drunken mastashahcronz drunken masta
Send a message via ICQ to shahcronz

Quote:
Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
i haven't listened to the song in a good while but if i remember correctly he's talking about the first Purple Tape taking the world by storm or something. to me it sounded like it was done for the album and like i said before Allah Mathematics credited it to RZA on his mixtape. besides "State Of Grace" this was the only track released prior to 2008 that i thought sounded complete and CL2 worthy.

Shacronz: i uploaded the song for you, it's a full version without DJ but the volume is much lower than on most mp3's. if anyone's able to fix that: http://www.mediafire.com/?84cqrr4fidez145
thanks mate!!!!

but i thought there was a cristal clear hq version out there? maybe im mistaken though

Last edited by shahcronz; 08-21-2010 at 11:48 AM.
shahcronz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 11:59 AM   #40
claaa7
Killer Bob

claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)claaa7 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

^ don't think so, this is the best version i ever managed to find and i went through a few of them.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!
claaa7 is offline   Reply With Quote