news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Wu-Tang Chamber

Old 08-19-2010, 10:38 PM   #1
buckshotstheone
Legend

buckshotstheone shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to buckshotstheone
Default Raekwon speaks on Justin Bieber collab

http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2010/08/19/...-bieber-audio/

Quote:
The Chef chops it up with MTV about his upcoming collaboration with Kanye West and Justin Bieber.
All I did was ride the beat and listen to what he was singing to. I can go basic when I want to. I can go rated R, I can go rated PG. I definitely didnít give him anything that I thought was too hot to be spoken on by a 16-year-old. I know how to read beats, and listening to the record, I just complemented. At the end of my 16 [bars], when you do hear Justin coming, it fits and itís a great sound. I didnít go crazy. One thing people gotta recognize about me, Iím the Chef. I know how to make spicy food, I know how to make food that ainít spicy. I made something that fit the criteria.
Rae also speaks on the recording session. Transcipt is included after the jump for those that canít listen.
Kanye was just being Kanye. He was definitely excited. The energy in the room was already speaking for itself. It was time to get up and have fun on the track together. We was drinking, laughing, being normal cats. At the same time, we had a houseful of celebrities in the house as well. [Kanye] was moving through the facility checking out the studios he had. He had three studios in there.
You had Akon in the building. Mos Def was just chilliní. Mos is a good friend of ĎYeís. You had Charlie Wilson, the legendary cat from the Gap Band. Chris Rock walked in. These are guys that really respect who ĎYe is. ĎYeís energy is cool. Heís a normal cat. A normal Chicago/world cat. Very mature. Having a great time.Ē

While I donít have too much of a problem with this, Iím mainly excited that this remix has sparked the opportunity for future Kanye/Raekwon collabs.
We sat down and we talked about it, we talked about doing things in the future. This is just the beginning. This is something that was supposed to happen a long time ago. He started throwing on them tracks, ideas started coming to my head. I was like, ĎIf this cat produces a Rae and Ghost record, what could come out of it?í Every album, he evolves. Heís always doing the extra, or absurd, the abnormal, but it sounds crazy.

Yo this shit is HILARIOUS.

spicy food and non-spicy food. #dead.
buckshotstheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:59 PM   #2
trinking
MaximumMason

trinking iron monkeytrinking iron monkeytrinking iron monkey

dont give a shit about any of that besides a kanyexghostxrae track

trinking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:42 PM   #3
kingaaronz
PRODIGAL SUN

kingaaronz five deadly venomskingaaronz five deadly venomskingaaronz five deadly venomskingaaronz five deadly venomskingaaronz five deadly venomskingaaronz five deadly venomskingaaronz five deadly venomskingaaronz five deadly venoms

if you asked rae in 1993 if in 17 years he thought he'd be on a track with a 16 year old pop star odds are he'd have popped a cap in your face.
kingaaronz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:34 AM   #4
shystar36
Sticky Bandit

shystar36 drunken mastashystar36 drunken masta
Send a message via AIM to shystar36 Send a message via MSN to shystar36

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingaaronz View Post
if you asked rae in 1993 if in 17 years he thought he'd be on a track with a 16 year old pop star odds are he'd have popped a cap in your face.
hahaha
Old 08-20-2010, 02:03 AM   #5
hectis
Vic

hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

my guess is that rae does not know bieber is actually not a girl and the chef is hungry for some french vanilla ice cream

Banner appears courtesy of the craft of Bobby_Digital72
hectis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 03:18 AM   #6
Fright
ADEPT

Fright crouching tigerFright crouching tiger

looking forward for more Rae/Kanye collaborations.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:59 AM   #7
SL33
Hungry Hyena From Medina

SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectis View Post
my guess is that rae does not know bieber is actually not a girl and the chef is hungry for some french vanilla ice cream
hahahahahahahahahahaha

SL33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 09:04 AM   #8
food for thought
Black Star Line'r

food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)food for thought Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

the only thing thats worthwhile in this thread is finding out people still use the phrase " pop a cap" in 2010.

food for thought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:13 AM   #9
Undiluted Karma
Savant

Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Undiluted Karma Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectis View Post
rofl
Old 08-20-2010, 10:56 AM   #10
CYENCE
Veteran Member

CYENCE shaolin monk

Quote:
Originally Posted by food for thought View Post
the only thing thats worthwhile in this thread is finding out people still use the phrase " pop a cap" in 2010.
LOLOLOL

maybe he was intentionally using 1993 slang in reference to a young Raekwon...i hope that's what it was

CYENCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:37 PM   #11
BIRDCAGE
Vintage Wu

BIRDCAGE iron monkeyBIRDCAGE iron monkeyBIRDCAGE iron monkeyBIRDCAGE iron monkey

Lol

BIRDCAGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:10 PM   #12
TGambino
Veteran Member

TGambino iron monkeyTGambino iron monkeyTGambino iron monkey

congrats to chef for pimpin out both kanye and beiber
TGambino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:21 PM   #13
Sheep Shifter
im THAT nigga

Sheep Shifter Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sheep Shifter Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sheep Shifter Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sheep Shifter Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sheep Shifter Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sheep Shifter Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sheep Shifter Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sheep Shifter Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sheep Shifter Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sheep Shifter Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sheep Shifter Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via ICQ to Sheep Shifter Send a message via AIM to Sheep Shifter Send a message via MSN to Sheep Shifter Send a message via Yahoo to Sheep Shifter

Yo, Rae and Yeezy in a track together?

You can bet shit is gonna be dope, man. Yeezys a sick producer.
Sheep Shifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 03:03 PM   #14
josborne3680
Peace CT

josborne3680 drunken mastajosborne3680 drunken masta

Hhhhhmmmm. Rae wasnt happy with direction of "8D" but does this? Thats a head scratcher. This collab is a joke n I think most Wu heads would agree. I know it comes down to the money, but as a fan this is dissapointing. Peace
josborne3680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 03:26 PM   #15
buckshotstheone
Legend

buckshotstheone shaolin monk
Send a message via AIM to buckshotstheone

Quote:
Originally Posted by josborne3680 View Post
Hhhhhmmmm. Rae wasnt happy with direction of "8D" but does this? Thats a head scratcher. This collab is a joke n I think most Wu heads would agree. I know it comes down to the money, but as a fan this is dissapointing. Peace
it's disappointing that in 2010 there are still artists wanting the Wu-Tang on their shit? no doubt.....cause i mean most of the groups that started in 1993 are still relevant......
buckshotstheone is offline   Reply With Quote