news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Box Office Hideout

Old 08-20-2010, 08:40 PM   #1
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Default Bryan Singer Spills Some Info On X-Men First class

Quote:
Up until now, X-Men: First Class has been something of a guessing game for us fanboys. Is it a prequel? A reboot? Who's in it? When is it set? Well, now a bunch of those questions have been answered by none other than producer Bryan Singer.

Singer spoke with AICN about the film, seeking to clarify what exactly is being done with everyone's favorite band of merry mutants. First off, the film is set in the 1960s. JFK is the president, the Civil Rights movement is in full swing, and "there is a spirit of a hopeful future that was prevalent in that time." Charles Xavier and the man who will become Magneto -- Erik Lehnsherr -- meet and dream of a future where man and mutant can live together in peace. And we all know how that works out…

Some bullet points follow on the ton of info that Singer has revealed:

--The two leads will be in their late twenties.
--Xavier will not be in his wheelchair, but we will learn how he gets there.
--He'll also still have hair.
--Xavier and Magneto will create the X-Men together.
--This is not based on the comic book called First Class but rather is "a new beginning" for the series.
--Director Matthew Vaughn is "technologically inspired" by the James Bond tech of the '60s.
--The costumes will be more "comic bookish" than in previous films.
--Neither Cyclops nor Marvel Girl will show up, but Cyke's brother Havoc will.
--Kevin Bacon will play Sebastian Shaw and, yes, the Hellfire Club will figure into the mix.
--Filming begins with Xavier at Oxford University.
--The movie will have a much more international feel than previous installments. (The shoot will take place in England and the U.S.) Other locations will include Russia (though they won't actually film there).
--There are other characters in the film who have not been revealed yet.
If this is a start of a new series then im all for it but if they try to fit it with the continuity of the previous flicks then this movie is destined to fail.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
Method Man
TAURO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:47 PM   #2
oDoUoSoKo
frieza saga

oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)oDoUoSoKo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via AIM to oDoUoSoKo

a movie about the beginning of the x men, and no cyclops or jean gray? might aswell have made an x factor movie..eloels...(of course i mean the team with havok)
oDoUoSoKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 12:27 AM   #3
KZA
COME AT ME BRO

KZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to KZA

its supposed to be a reboot isnt it?

this movie is going to suck but will probably do well since x-men sells. casual audience is going to be like why isn't wolverine in the movie?

plus the movie is suppose to be out next year and they have not started it yet. since it looks like they are still casting more characters. unless they plan on having cameos at the end.

since cyclops is the first x-men xavier recruited than iceman, etc.

KZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 06:55 AM   #4
hectis
Vic

hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

lol wack

Banner appears courtesy of the craft of Bobby_Digital72
hectis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 04:37 PM   #5
CuzinBilly
PRODIGAL SUN

CuzinBilly Sinister snakeCuzinBilly Sinister snake

Yeah No cyke Suks. Everyone feelin the same on that one. i always though it would be hard to put. jean in. since they showed her "origin"in X-men last stand. lets see wtf happens.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:47 PM   #6
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

you will all be pleasantly surprised by this film.
negrodamus has spoken...

the comicbookish costumes is a step in the right direction.
i personally dislike cyclopse and am happy hes not in this one.
Uncle Steezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 08:22 PM   #7
hectis
Vic

hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

how far is this going to go back?

Banner appears courtesy of the craft of Bobby_Digital72
hectis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 08:42 PM   #8
TAURO
El Don of this shit

TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)TAURO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

the 60's

Method Man
Old 08-23-2010, 10:19 AM   #9
the scarecrow
ADEPT

the scarecrow crouching tiger

Though plans fell through for the stunning Alice Eve to take on the role of Emma Frost in X-Men: First Class, Fox is still chomping at the bits to get her into a skin tight superhero suit. According to Comic Book Movie (whose scoops can be hit or miss), Fox is looking at Eve to play Sue Storm, The Invisible Woman, in their reboot of Fantastic Four
. The same place also mentioned Amber Heard (Pineapple Express) as a candidate for the same role. In addition, ScreenRant says Adrien Brody and Jonathan Rhys Meyers
are among names being considered for Mr. Fantastic himself, Reed Richards. This might actually turn out okay!
the scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 10:09 AM   #10
Dr. Simon Hurt
Madrigal Elektromotoren

Location: my own private domicile, and I will not be harassed...bitch!
Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Dr. Simon Hurt Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

this actually sounds interesting...and it takes place in the 60s, that's why there is no cyclops or jean (although havok and beast are there, but whatever...) it sounds like they are playing up xavier and mags as allies after their mission in israel, competing with the hellfire club to recruit mutants...maybe oliver platt is playing bolivar trask and we'll actually get to see the sentinels in this?

the inclusion of the hellfire club will be interesting...hopefully emma frost is in her bondage gear lol

this actually has me intrigued...and if matthew vaughn brings the same visual flair to this as he did to 'kick ass', it should at the very least look awesome.
Dr. Simon Hurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 09:32 PM   #11
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i knew this but it just hit me as i was rationalizing this movie...
x-men is a story of multiple timelines and possible futures, you have:
profX's vision
bishops future
cable's future
apocalpse's future
and many more

so theoretically, you could make a movie that strayed from what we've read without comitting sacrilege, as long as you don't fuck with the characters powers n shit like have colossus turn into water or something.

so yeah i'm cool with it.
Uncle Steezo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 10:13 PM   #12
TAURO
El Don of this shit

The film series doesn't have to be as overly complex as the comics, it's completely unnecessary. All that will do is alienate mainstream audiences if not turn them off altogether.

I enjoyed Bryan Singer's X-Men and I love Huge Jackman in the role as Wolverine, but lets face it, the only reason why this movie is not an outright reboot is because the old continuity is still ongoing with the Wolverine films. Fox should have manned up and said "you know what, this franchise has gone to shit thanks to X3 and Wolverine, lets start again".

X-men first class should have been a more literal adaptation of this

A truer more faithful beginning to a franchise, one that would deliver more of what the fans wanted while allowing newcomers a much better entry point to the x-men than Bryan Singers first film.

I will say however that I do remain somewhat optimistic but only because Matthew Vaughn is directing this and I do believe him to be a really good director. His track record is solid and I believe he will deliver the geek to us. I just think it's a shame that his talent is being wasted on a movie that has such fucked up character continuity.

Method Man
Old 08-27-2010, 02:36 AM   #13
KZA
COME AT ME BRO

KZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venomsKZA five deadly venoms
Send a message via AIM to KZA

first class literally gave x-men origins magneto the final nail on the coffin.

i hope its focused more on magneto.

KZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 05:33 AM   #14
Jin10304
Veteran Member

Jin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venomsJin10304 five deadly venoms

if this movie is going to show why Xavier doesnt walk anymore and sits in his wheelchair how will they explain the flashbacks of X3 when him & Magneto were older but go to Jeans house when shes a kid!? He was still walking by then
Jin10304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 07:41 AM   #15
RagnaroK
Strider Hiryu

RagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killaRagnaroK shaolin masta killa

Im sick of this bullshit they just refuse to make it right Hollywood doesn't know how to make good movies any longer is better to wait for Marvel to get the rights back

Sacrificing older life to create a new lifeform blessed with the fruit of life
RagnaroK is offline   Reply With Quote