news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > Sound Shack

Old 08-22-2010, 08:19 PM   #1
Sheep Shifter
im THAT nigga

Sheep Shifter Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sheep Shifter Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sheep Shifter Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sheep Shifter Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sheep Shifter Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sheep Shifter Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sheep Shifter Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sheep Shifter Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sheep Shifter Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sheep Shifter Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Sheep Shifter Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)
Send a message via ICQ to Sheep Shifter Send a message via AIM to Sheep Shifter Send a message via MSN to Sheep Shifter Send a message via Yahoo to Sheep Shifter
Default Memorable 80s songs

'80s babies, post em. I'll start:

It's hard for me to post more without repeating many of the tracks included in the GTA Vice City soundtrack, which has way too many awesome 80s tracks. Help me remember more.

Last edited by Sheep Shifter; 08-22-2010 at 10:33 PM.
Sheep Shifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 09:08 PM   #2
fatboybrandon
Your fav. artist's artist

fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Damn, I don't even know where to start. I listen to a bunch of 80's every week at least to put me in a good mood. Here's some of my current rotation:

BBQ - Genie
The System - Don't Disturb This Groove, You're In My System
Junior - Mama Used To Say
Billy Ocean - Caribbean Queen, Get Out Of My Dreams
Carl Anderson - Buttercup
Atlantic Starr - Secret Lovers, Circles
Jeffrey Osbourne - Plane Love
Michael Jackson - Pretty Young Thing
TOTO - Africa
Slave - Walking Down The Street, Just A Touch
Lilo Thomas - You're A Good Girl, I'm In Love
Woods Empire - Universal Love
Prince - I Would Die For You, You Need Another Lover, Raspberry Beret
Imagination - Illusion
Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up
Cashflow - Mine All Mine
S.O.S. - No One's Gonna Love You (and Maxwell's recent cover prod by J Dilla)
George Benson - Inside Love
Glenn Jones - Stay
Gladys Knight & The Pips - When Youre Far Away
Evelyn Champagne King - Back To Love
Eugene Wilde - Gotta Get You Home With Me Tonight

Old 08-26-2010, 10:57 AM   #3
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

LOL@Fatboybrandon calling Slave's Watching You song Walking Down The Street hahahahahahahahahaha. Just A Touch song by them you said is called Just A Touch Of Love. Just A Touch Of Love and Watching You songs are classics. Slave is from my hometown Ohio. I think they're from Dayton, Ohio. Steve Arrington who was the lead singer of Slave is a church preacher now in Dayton. Check out these 80's r&b albums if you haven't heard them. 80's was a good decade for r&b and r&b hasn't been good since the 80's LOL.

1. Dazz Band-Keep It Live, Joystick, Jukebox, The Hot Spot
2. Midnight Star-No Parking On The Dance Floor, Planetary Invasion
3. Levert-Just Coolin
4. The Gap Band-Gap Band III, Gap Band IV, Gap Band V(Jammin), Gap Band VI
5. Lakeside-Untouchables, Fantastic Voyage(this album i don't like except the jams Fantastic Voyage and Your Love's On The Run and i like the album pictures.)
6. Zapp-Zapp(this album i don't like except the songs More Bounce To The Ounce and Be Alright), Zapp II, Zapp III
7. Earth Wind And Fire-Faces, Raise, Powerlight
8. Cameo-Feel Me, She's Strange, Style, Alligator Woman, Single Life, Word Up, Cameosis(this album i don't like except the jam Shake Your Pants and i like the album cover.)
9. Maze and Frankie Beverly-We Are One, Silky Soul
10. Marvin Gaye-Midnight Love(i don't like this album except Sexual Healing and Til Tomorrow songs), Dream Of A Lifetime(i don't like this album except Sanctified Lady, Savage In The Sack, Masochistic Beauty songs. This was his last album before he died.)
11. The Jacksons-Triumph, Victory, 2300 Jackson Street
12. Michael Jackson-Thriller, Bad
13. New Edition-Candy Girl, New Edition, Heartbreak
14. Bobby Brown-Don't Be Cruel
15. The Isley Brothers-Go All The Way, Between The Sheets, Grand Slam, Spend The Night(this is a Ronald Isley solo album and i don't know why it says Isley Brothers because he's the only one in the album pictures LOL.)
16. Isley Jasper Isley-Caravan Of Love
17. Rene and Angela-A Street Called Desire
18. Stevie Wonder-Hotter Than July, In Square Circle
19. Prince-1999, Purple Rain
20. The Time-The Time, What Time Is It, Ice Cream Castles(this album sucks except the jams Jungle Love and The Bird)
21. Jesse Johnson-Jesse Johnson's Revue(he used to be in The Time with Morris Day and he played lead guitar. He used to wear pink clothes a few times and he had a long jhericurl LOL.)
22. Ready For The World-Ready For The World, Long Time Coming
CharlesJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 11:37 AM   #4
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

CharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of furyCharlesJones fist of fury

Here's some more good 80's r&b albums

1. Raydio-Two Places At The Same Time(Ray Parker Jr used to be with this group)
2. The Deele-Street Beat(Babyface used to be with this group)
3. Luther Vandross-Never Too Much, Forever For Always For Love, Busy Body, The Night I Fell In Love, Give Me The Reason
4. Jeffrey Osborne-Jeffrey Osborne, Stay With Me Tonight, Don't Stop
5. Con Funk Shun-To The Max, Fever, Seven
6. Lionel Richie-Can't Slow Down, Dancing On The Ceiling,
7. Jermaine Jackson-Let's Get Serious, Jermaine Jackson(this album has the hits Dynamite, Tell Me I'm Not Dreamin with Michael Jackson, Do What You Do)
8. Guy-Guy
9. Keith Sweat-Make It Last Forever
10. Rick James-Cold Blooded
11. Kool And The Gang-Something Special, In The Heart, Emergency
12. Teddy Pendergrass-Joy
13. Debarge-In A Special Way
14. The SOS Band-Just The Way You Like It
15. The Whispers-Love Is Where You Find It
Old 08-27-2010, 12:00 PM   #5
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

Mtume-Juicy Fruit, You Me And He(i can't believe Mtume disappeared after these 2 albums because both of these albums are very good. There's several jams on these albums.)
Old 08-27-2010, 12:48 PM   #6
Professor Poopsnagle
Banned

Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Professor Poopsnagle Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Professor Poopsnagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 12:59 PM   #7
MAYOR QUIMBY
Veteran Member

MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)MAYOR QUIMBY Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

"Take On Me" by Aha!
MAYOR QUIMBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:12 AM   #8
LONDON!
PRODIGAL SUN

LONDON! crouching tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by power to the people View Post
'80s babies, post em. I'll start:

It's hard for me to post more without repeating many of the tracks included in the GTA Vice City soundtrack, which has way too many awesome 80s tracks. Help me remember more.
those two tunes are classics

these are some other 80's classics

phil collins-in the air tonight(one of the most soulful pop voices to come out of the uk)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkADj0TPrJA&ob=av2n

oran juice jones-in the rain(the video was just too funny, on some pimp, mack, pimperton type shit, ha ha, that shit was jokes, that shit was too funny)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dZW1C3neao&ob=av2e

roger zapp-computer love(vocoder's dropped, auto tune dosen't, no it dosen't, ha ha, rip to roger troutman)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bP48M2BEs0

cameo-candy(i wasn't into his shit when i was young under ten years old because of larry blackmon's dresscode, i thought he was suspect, even though i didn't no what gay was in the 80's, but i found out in the 90's, it was a eccentric funk type vibe and the heads that i thought dressed kinda suspect back then, were actually on a level and galis'ees(macks), prince and so on and so on, you see what i'm saying, they were straighter than a ruler and some of the heads i thought were on a level back then as a little kid, turned out too be a whole diffrent story, michael jackson, thats all i have to say)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn8KY...eature=channel

mary jane girls-all night long(sick shit, ha ha)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2gyAEWVMhE

mtume-juicy fruit(some more sick shit, ha ha)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlaSr...eature=related

luther vandross-never too much(classic shit, but the funny thing is, wit a lot of the r'n'b tunes from the mid to late 80's, i was only up on them because of my mum and my aunt's who lived wit us at the time, i remember nostalgically, but i came remember the names of most artists or the actual namers of tunes, but i was personally never into them like that, i couldn't relate too that shit and most of them quiet storm type beats and thought that shit was mostly soft and bougie during that era until jodeci made me start checking for r'n'b witout being embarrased in the early 90's, ha ha, you see what i'm saying, rip to luther)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg8tbA5J97o&feature=fvst

sos band-just be good to me(that groove is just gangsta to me, ha ha, yes surr)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RID7K...eature=related

sos band-finest ones(some more decent shit)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwV9Z...eature=related

chaka khan-i feel for you(she has a golden voice, that feel good music wit a raps and bars by melle mel, yes surr)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObjLb6ElTvs

rita coolidge-all time high(its from the octopussy bond movie, fuck it, i like this tune, along wit other bond soundtrack tunes from the earlier bond movies up until the early 80's, ha ha, yes surr)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ohT1LfhC7M

anita baker-sweet love(decent tune)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bB5qhBnEOHk

gregory abbott-shake you down(classic shit, i wasn't into all that other r'n'b mid to late 80's shit back then, other than 'computer love' and a couple of others, but this was my shit, yes surr, ha ha)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vylO8QRyl4c&ob=av2e

patti labelle ft michael mcdonald-on my own(another tune i couldn't front on back then, patti's got a classic voice and micheal mcdonald's voice is gutta, sick shit, classic)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KsH63qJlIMM

kool & the gang-cherish(i like this shit, its classic shit to me, ha ha, yes surr)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s09Lu...eature=related
LONDON! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 12:40 PM   #9
beautifulrock
BIG DOUGH KEBAB

beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)beautifulrock Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

While you were busy dissing Wu like a bitch ass/ I was getting served after sex breakfast/ Yeah, that BBW groupie shit/ can get you served a droopy dick/ fuck what you're speaking/ 'cause I throw W's with Puerto Ricans
beautifulrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 01:06 PM   #10
fatboybrandon

fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)fatboybrandon Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LONDON! View Post
soundtrack tunes from the earlier bond movies up until the early 80's
Those Bond soundtracks definitely have some joints on em, it must have been good living in the UK and growing up on those. The Living Daylights by A-Ha is another, and I think Never In Your Wildest Dreams by Tina Turner may be at the end credits of Living Daylights when Tim Dalton is in the pool with that girl.

Phil Collins is great too especially Sussudio. The UK is a scene all it's own for the history of 80's R&B, even til this day the R&B Soul groups coming out are some of the best I can think of.

^My heroes of The 80's

Change - Change of Heart, You Are My Melody, Warm
Alex O'Neal - What Can I Say To Make You Love Me, A Broken Heart Can Mend and many more
Alex & Cherrelle - Saturday Love
Cherrelle - I Didn't Mean To Turn You On
S.O.S. Band - Borrowed Love
Cheryl Lynn - Encore
Human League - Human
Force MD's - Tender Love

Old 09-18-2010, 02:10 PM   #11
CharlesJones
Veteran Member

LOL@London posting Oran Juice Jones In The Rain song hahahahahahaha. That song is funny especially when he starts talking at the end to a woman. LOL@him saying my first impulse was to run up on you and do a Rambo hahahahahahahaha. Whip out the jammy and bust both of you LOL. I stuck you up for every piece of jewelry i ever bought you LOL. I gave you silk suits, Gucci handbags, blue diamonds. I gave you things you couldn't even pronounce LOL. Silly rabbit. Trix are made for kids. Didn't you know that? LOL. You without me is like Corn Flakes without the milk LOL. He's a funny guy. I got his first album and it sucks but he has a jam on there called Curiosity and that's a tight jam. He talks at the beginning of the song and he's talking to a woman and he's dissing her LOL.

I don't think too many people knew he had a small part in Juice movie with 2Pac, Omar Epps, Samuel Jackson. He was talking to Samuel at the video arcade place that Samuel worked at and him and Samuel was talking about women. Samuel said to him, just because you pour syrup on shit don't make it pancakes, you know what i'm saying hahahahahahahahaha. Samuel said i don't know why you thought the booty was that tough LOL. Oran said that's because she got the snappy nappy dugout LOL.
Old 09-19-2010, 12:53 PM   #12
fatboybrandon

^My song of the day. It's a nice day outside so I felt the mood to hear this one from the legendary Quincy Jones. He and Patti Austin was one of the artists that made magic when they collaborated.

That album "The Dude" sure is a piece of work, it's got production and synth work by Stevie, Greg Phillinganes, vocal contributions by MJ, and more great guest spots.
Old 09-19-2010, 02:07 PM   #13
LONDON!
PRODIGAL SUN

LONDON! crouching tiger

@charlesjones
ha ha, i didn't even clock on to the fact that oran juice jones was in that 'juice' scene, i remember that scene in that movie vividly though, i just didn't clock on it was oran juice jones, ha ha

@fatboybrandon
yeah the music from the early bond movies were very soulful and sick

here's another decent bond movie tune from the mid 80's
duran duran-view to a kill
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsiBhQ60rJE
Old 09-19-2010, 07:55 PM   #14
LONDON!
PRODIGAL SUN

LONDON! crouching tiger

dennis edwards ft siedah garrett-don't look any further(some slick shit)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CH3rx8LhrQo
Old 09-19-2010, 08:53 PM   #15
Uncle Steezo
Gen Chat Bully

Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)Uncle Steezo Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Uncle Steezo is offline   Reply With Quote