news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 09-04-2010, 07:40 PM   #16
HANZO
Hanovallah

HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

it would be embarassing for Euro basketball if USA can win with their C team. for the sake of world basketball i wouldnt want that to happen.

so far the big euro teams are playing like shit and thats the problem Spain have looked like shit and the Serbs will beat them in the quarters if the refs do their job properly and not just give all the calls to the Spanish. i think only Argentina can beat team USA but thats because Scola would eat up the American frontcourt. everyone else pretty much sucks.
Old 09-04-2010, 10:45 PM   #17
King Tron 1
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo

King Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venoms

but to be fair not everyone is playing with their "olympic" team, spain doesn't have pau gasol, argentina doesn't have ginobili & nocioni, and australia doesn't have andrew bogut. all who would probably be a part if this were the olympics

King Tron 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:18 AM   #18
Fright
ADEPT

Fright crouching tigerFright crouching tiger

no one's mention Lithuania? ;]] our national team is very young, no one expected to win 5-0, but we did it, now we got China on Tuesday, hope everything goes well, then we face Argentina.
and yeah this year all the nation teams are not so strong how they used to be in the past... USA, Spain, Lithuania, France...
hope Spain will be defeated, god i hate this team ;]
Old 09-05-2010, 10:56 AM   #19
DR. NICK RIVIERA
Hello, everybody!

DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)DR. NICK RIVIERA Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Slovenia is currently beating up Australia.

But we don't have any chance in the next round.
Old 09-05-2010, 11:03 AM   #20
King Tron 1
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo

King Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venomsKing Tron 1 five deadly venoms

i find it funny that when analysts referring to any other team they "brag" about how many nba players they have. like spain has like 5 or so. i'm like muhfucker we got 12.

Old 09-05-2010, 06:28 PM   #21
HANZO
Hanovallah

HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)HANZO Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wera View Post
Slovenia is currently beating up Australia.

But we don't have any chance in the next round.
well we play you guys next. i remember us losing to Slovenia in the Eurobasket and that totally fucked us up. hopefully we win now, we made easy work of France today to my surprise. Slovenia are a good team and will probably go in the game against Turkey as favourites because of the fact that our team just chokes on the big occasions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fright View Post
no one's mention Lithuania? ;]] our national team is very young, no one expected to win 5-0, but we did it, now we got China on Tuesday, hope everything goes well, then we face Argentina.
and yeah this year all the nation teams are not so strong how they used to be in the past... USA, Spain, Lithuania, France...
hope Spain will be defeated, god i hate this team ;]
Well its Lithuania after the Jasikevicious (spelling??) era so nobody knew what to expect. on top the Lithuanian team hasnt been as strong as they have been before in the past couple tournaments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tron 1 View Post
i find it funny that when analysts referring to any other team they "brag" about how many nba players they have. like spain has like 5 or so. i'm like muhfucker we got 12.
for ppl new to FIBA basketball ppl like to use the number of NBA players as a way of measuring how good a team is. Greece has no NBA players but they are a Euro powerhouse. Same with Lithuania. being a team is more important in international ball. I mean the French team has the most NBA players but today against Turkey they were absolutely shit.
Old 09-05-2010, 10:57 PM   #22
Sense-A
PRODIGAL SUN

Sense-A prodigal sonSense-A prodigal sonSense-A prodigal sonSense-A prodigal sonSense-A prodigal sonSense-A prodigal son

last time i remember the usa national basketball team losing we had lebron and carmelo leading the squad in 2002 with george karl. that team was an embarrassment and another mark against lebron's career.
Old 09-06-2010, 04:52 AM   #23
King Tron 1
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo

you sure you mean 2002? lebron & carmelo weren't even in on that roster, as lebron was still in high school & carmelo was barely starting college.

Old 09-06-2010, 08:13 AM   #24
HANZO
Hanovallah

it was the 2006 team at the world championships in Japan. Lebron, Wade and Melo were all on that team. they crushed everyone until the semi-finals where they got butchered by the Greek Pick and Roll.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:12 AM   #25
SL33
Hungry Hyena From Medina

SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

this guy has literally raped Dwyane Wade.

USA will not take this tournament. Turkey is very strong, Spain is doing well even without Gasol, Brazil is a serious team. I wouldn't underestimate serbian team neither.

btw, USA was defeated many times during the last decade: Argetinians 2x ('02 and '04 (USA appeared with sick team), Serbia did them once ('02 in Indianapolis), and Greeks had the most glorious victory back in '06( Lebronze James, lol hah) .

anyway, Turkey is a no 1 contender right now.

Ersan Ilyasova iz one sick Uzbek.

Last edited by SL33; 09-06-2010 at 10:25 AM.
SL33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:42 AM   #26
check two
N.I.

check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)check two King of Kings (Five Pointed Palm Exploding Heart Technique)

Not surprising that Lebron blew opportunities then also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Knowledge View Post
lol check 2, always bringing the funny jokes. that one made me really chuckle.
check two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 11:21 AM   #27
King Tron 1
Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo

This is who I would send to London in 2012

Centers:
Tyson Chandler
Andrew Bynum
Greg Oden

Forwards:
Amare Stoudemire
Kevin Durant
David Lee
Rudy Gay

Guards:
Derrick Rose
Russell Westbrook
Brandon Roy
Eric Gordon
Tyreke Evans

Alternates:
Danny Granger
Rajon Rondo
Al Jefferson
John Wall
Demarcus Cousins
Stephen Curry
Bradon Jennings
Andre Iguodala

I know what you're thinking, Oden? Bynum? Fuckers are always too hurt to compete. Although that may be true, I would give them the spot on the roster, and if they do get hurt, Fuck you got both Al Jefferson & Demarcus Cousins ready to fill in for them.

Oh and by the way, I'm serious about not wanting anyone from 2008 Redeem Team on the 2012 roster. And then there's this dude from Baylor named Perry Jones, that I'm gonna keep my eye on.

Old 09-06-2010, 12:19 PM   #28
Sense-A
PRODIGAL SUN

Sense-A prodigal sonSense-A prodigal sonSense-A prodigal sonSense-A prodigal sonSense-A prodigal sonSense-A prodigal son

Derrick Rose and Keven Durant are the future of the NBA. These guys are representing hard for the USA national team. Iguodala and Love holding their own too. The USA team lacks height. We need bigger guys. Odom and Chandler isn't enough.

The FIBA 3-point line is a little closer.

USA plays winner of Russia and New Zealand next. Check it out here: http://turkey2010.fiba.com/pages/eng.../brackets.html Next USA game is on Thursday.

We barely squeaked out that Brazil game.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:01 PM   #29
HANZO
Hanovallah

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tron 1 View Post
This is who I would send to London in 2012

Centers:
Tyson Chandler
Andrew Bynum
Greg Oden

Forwards:
Amare Stoudemire
Kevin Durant
David Lee
Rudy Gay

Guards:
Derrick Rose
Russell Westbrook
Brandon Roy
Eric Gordon
Tyreke Evans

Alternates:
Danny Granger
Rajon Rondo
Al Jefferson
John Wall
Demarcus Cousins
Stephen Curry
Bradon Jennings
Andre Iguodala

I know what you're thinking, Oden? Bynum? Fuckers are always too hurt to compete. Although that may be true, I would give them the spot on the roster, and if they do get hurt, Fuck you got both Al Jefferson & Demarcus Cousins ready to fill in for them.

Oh and by the way, I'm serious about not wanting anyone from 2008 Redeem Team on the 2012 roster. And then there's this dude from Baylor named Perry Jones, that I'm gonna keep my eye on.
fair argument. i find it abit fucked that players like Lebron, Wade and Howard choose when to play for team USA. if this current team playing in the world championship wins it and gets qualification for 2012, it would be totally out of order to just brush them aside to be replaced by the bigger names. players gotta commit to the national team, if they are unwilling to do that then they should just be left out. there are cases which i understand for example Pau Gasol and Dirk Nowitzski they were always with their teams. from World championships, Olympics to Eurobasket or even sometimes in Germany's case Eurobasket qualifiers. they aint with their teams this year but they can be excused cause for the past 6-8 years they been with their national teams every year. but the American superstars i mean they need to understand that the national jersey is more sacred than all others, and when it calls you answer.

in soccer if players dont join the national team they will get ass-fucked by the media and fans. they will probably never see the national team jersey ever again.

anyway Team USA just hurt Angola bad. it was a total mismatch but still fucking hell even Tunisia put up a bigger fight than Angola did.

most like the USA will play Russia who are also weak this tournament. its an easy walk to the semi-finals really. while on the other bracket you got a proper European Championship going on with Spain, Serbia, Slovenia and Turkey.

I got zero faith in this Turkish side i know we playing great and do have the tools to even beat team USA with our massive frontcourt. but we are going to choke so badly i can feel it. always happens. has happened since 2001 when we had our golden generation. happened then will happen now.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:12 PM   #30
SL33
Hungry Hyena From Medina

SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)SL33 Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

i don't think Turkey's team fom '01 was a 'golden generation'. I mean, Kutluay and Erdenay (sorry for misspeling) were fuckin huge legends, Kutluay was one of the illest 3p shooters, but the team from this year's competition has everything+ the coach is good. the weakest links in turkish team are outside players (pg/sg)

the greatest problem of turkish basketball is coaching staff.

USA's bracket is easy, excluding argentina and brazil.

SL33 is offline   Reply With Quote