news
wu-tang clan
bio's
media
store
blogs
forum
contact

Go Back   Wu-Tang Corp. - Official Site of the Wu-Tang Clan > The Elements > The Sports Zone

Old 10-29-2005, 03:53 AM   #46
the insignificant
SLIMEY SAVAGE

the insignificant shaolin monk
Default Re: Tarver V Calzaghe?????

calzaghe is way overrated in the uk... he just let's go with excuse after excuse... remember when he was supposed to fight the winner of brewer and echols? he fought the guy who got stopped in the third round... and what of echols? warren put up some bogus offer which no one in their right mind would have signed... the amount of 'injuries' and 'flus' calzaghe has 'suffered' smacks of the james toney situation...

calzaghe struggles to make weight at super middle, talks some rubbish about moving up to light heavy and then talks some more bullshit and fights more lames... he took one look at light heavy and saw that briggs would knock him into retirement and adamek is has too tough a chin and superior skills to beat...

calzaghe could have been great... but instead of dropping that useless wbo title (not to mention frank warren) and taking contender matches to make him a mandatory challenger to a real belt, he bitched (and lied) that no one was willing to fight him... his stoppage win over mitchel was laughable... he threw about 20 punches, landed about 4, got hit by the last 2 of the fight and the moron referee decided mitchel had had enough...

tarver isn't fantastic, but fair is fair, briggs and adamek put on a real show earlier this year and deserve that match much more than some frank warren fraud...
the insignificant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 07:48 AM   #47
Prince Rai
Writing verses in S9

Prince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by the insignificant
calzaghe is way overrated in the uk... he just let's go with excuse after excuse... remember when he was supposed to fight the winner of brewer and echols? he fought the guy who got stopped in the third round... and what of echols? warren put up some bogus offer which no one in their right mind would have signed... the amount of 'injuries' and 'flus' calzaghe has 'suffered' smacks of the james toney situation...

calzaghe struggles to make weight at super middle, talks some rubbish about moving up to light heavy and then talks some more bullshit and fights more lames... he took one look at light heavy and saw that briggs would knock him into retirement and adamek is has too tough a chin and superior skills to beat...

calzaghe could have been great... but instead of dropping that useless wbo title (not to mention frank warren) and taking contender matches to make him a mandatory challenger to a real belt, he bitched (and lied) that no one was willing to fight him... his stoppage win over mitchel was laughable... he threw about 20 punches, landed about 4, got hit by the last 2 of the fight and the moron referee decided mitchel had had enough...

tarver isn't fantastic, but fair is fair, briggs and adamek put on a real show earlier this year and deserve that match much more than some frank warren fraud...
ok you have some point..

considering they say calzaghes best win was over eubank.. but lol hes out like years ago..

BUT... hes not thatt overrated.. many writers here do say that he needs real fight to be reagrded as a true champ!!

Inject the Lyrical Venom of Section 9
Prince Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 07:50 AM   #48
Prince Rai
Writing verses in S9

Prince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killaPrince Rai shaolin masta killa

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzo
LOL.... depends on who's below, I guess. Hey, Mayweather is the king pound 4 pound, but damn, he needs to step it up and put his nuts on the line. If he takes on Margarito, I'll have way more respect for the Pretty Boy.
lol..

but you are right tho, i mean mayweather has become my favourite boxer and thats not only because he is.. its because he fights with excitement nahmean?
i mean winky is damn good but can be way 2 boring.

mayweather got the quality to fight anybody, so he should!

Old 10-29-2005, 07:51 AM   #49
Prince Rai
Writing verses in S9

lol i dont know who reads "THE RING" but they were saying that the only opponent floyd could maybe lose to was an alligator or a bear LMAO

Old 10-29-2005, 11:12 AM   #50
Big Bad Man
Mr Wuniverse

Big Bad Man grasshopper

Lmao, I canny see Mayweather get beat at his weight division either man, no chance. 1 of my fav fighters coz he got charisma, personality and is bold as fuck, talks shit when need be but damn he backs up, knows how to sell fights basically. Kid deserves to be where he at today. Peace.

Big Bad Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2005, 02:47 PM   #51
Prince Rai
Writing verses in S9

peace BBM, havent seen u 4 a while!

but man ur on pouint there tho!!

mayw. got some character but backed up by amazingg skillls

Old 10-30-2005, 01:50 PM   #52
Sergio

Sergio shaolin monk

I laugh when they put glass jaw Judas in the same category as King Mayweather. Fuck Judas is at best a B fighter and everyone swears he gona beat Mayweather. I guess everyone forgot Tzu knocking him out and Spinks knocking him down. shit I never seen Mayweather get close to being knocked down
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 11:54 AM   #53
Big Bad Man
Mr Wuniverse

Big Bad Man grasshopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio
I laugh when they put glass jaw Judas in the same category as King Mayweather. Fuck Judas is at best a B fighter and everyone swears he gona beat Mayweather. I guess everyone forgot Tzu knocking him out and Spinks knocking him down. shit I never seen Mayweather get close to being knocked down
They also forget anytime they sparred together Mayweather rag-dolled him. Now Ima big big fan of Zab Judah, but if he beat Mayweather I would officially give up talkin about boxing, I cant even see 1 angle he could come at MW from harder. Good to hear fae u too princerai, had some fam troubles but Im back on attack for time being anyhow.

Big Bad Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 06:40 PM   #54
HighChief

HighChief grasshopper

nobody beats Tarver. Not Lacy or Calzaghe....
HighChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 06:52 PM   #55
HighChief

HighChief grasshopper

and the remarks about Judah couldnt be more wrong. Judah has only been knocked out once and hurt maybe twice in his career, the other time against millett. His first loss to Spinks was too close to call ( I had Judah winning it) and the Spinks knockdown was an off balance flash knockdown... Mayweather has shown to be the best fighter in the world , but Judah is not a B fighter he is an A fighter. If Mayweather fights Judah it will be his toughest opponent yet, because Judah has speed and agility in the ring. His Defense is solid and he has more pop in his punch than anyone Floyd has faced at 140.
HighChief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 06:55 PM   #56
Dirt W McGirt

Dirt W McGirt grasshopper

Judah has more pop than most people from 140-154.
Dirt W McGirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 08:13 PM   #57
hectis
Vic

hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)hectis Iron Lungs (Fists of Legend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighChief
and the remarks about Judah couldnt be more wrong. Judah has only been knocked out once and hurt maybe twice in his career, the other time against millett. His first loss to Spinks was too close to call ( I had Judah winning it) and the Spinks knockdown was an off balance flash knockdown... Mayweather has shown to be the best fighter in the world , but Judah is not a B fighter he is an A fighter. If Mayweather fights Judah it will be his toughest opponent yet, because Judah has speed and agility in the ring. His Defense is solid and he has more pop in his punch than anyone Floyd has faced at 140.
YEAH I AGREE PLUS IN THAT FIGHT WITH TSZYU I THINK JUDAH GOT UP TO QUICKLY AND THATS
WHY HE FELL I FEEL IF HE WOULD HAVE TOOK THE STANDING 8 HE WOULD HAVE BEEN FINE
ALSO I THINK HE MIGHT HAVE GOT RIPED OFF CUZ I THINK THE RULES OF THAT FIGHT SAID
THE FIGHT CAN'T BE STOPED AFTER THE BELL RINGS TO END THE ROUND AND HE WAS KNOCKED DOWN WITH 2 SECS LEFT BUT I COULD BE WRONG SO IF ANY ONE HAS THE INFO ON THIS LET ME KNOW

Banner appears courtesy of the craft of Bobby_Digital72
hectis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2005, 11:11 PM   #58
Dirt W McGirt

Dirt W McGirt grasshopper

I think Nady could stop the fight anytime he wanted to for the safety of the fighter, the rule was probably that you couldn't get saved by the bell.
Dirt W McGirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 05:53 AM   #59
the insignificant
SLIMEY SAVAGE

the insignificant shaolin monk

i think judah has a shot against mayweather... but it's hard to tell how disciplined he'll be... when kostya hit him with that chopping punch, zab was showboating and underestimating his opponent... discipline may be the most decisive factor of the fight...
the insignificant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 10:57 PM   #60
Sergio

Sergio shaolin monk

Hey I saw the fight again and Judas does the knockout dance after Tzu slamed him and falls for the second time on his face. LOL when he got up for the first time you see him telling Nady to hold on as if he was gathering his belongings and he does his dance and falls on his face. I never see PBF do that when he went to war with Castillo twice or when he destroyed Corralles. What are you going to tell me Castillo puches are not explosive. Dog Judah going to get it.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote