once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30

Thread: The Vatican Era is the most underrated

  1. #1

    Default The Vatican Era is the most underrated



    Raekwon dropped some of his best stuff so far during the warm up to Cuban Linx. IMO some better stuff than anything on CL...except Pyrex Vision.
    Quote Originally Posted by JASPER View Post
    Just accept the cookies, fag.


  2. #2
    Killer Bob claaa7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    THE BLACK LODGE
    Posts
    14,096
    Rep Power
    98

    Default

    hell yeah, Raekwon dropped heaters like crazy during the build up to CL2.. check out the compilation i made of all the dopest shit from the three first Vatican tapes, the link still works



    http://claaa7.blogspot.se/2011/01/ra...can-vol-1.html



    daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

    r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

  3. #3
    French kissing in the USA Hal Incandenza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    16,988
    Rep Power
    78

    Default

    some straight fire on the Vatican tapes

    claaa's comp is a good retread of the tapes.

    too bad there were mixing and mastering issues on (I think it was) Volume 3. but I remember the DJ only got one day to drop it and didn't have time to get the sound cleaned up

  4. #4
    aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Cuse Town, Usa
    Posts
    10,808
    Rep Power
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    hell yeah, Raekwon dropped heaters like crazy during the build up to CL2.. check out the compilation i made of all the dopest shit from the three first Vatican tapes, the link still works



    http://claaa7.blogspot.se/2011/01/ra...can-vol-1.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Towers View Post
    some straight fire on the Vatican tapes

    claaa's comp is a good retread of the tapes.

    too bad there were mixing and mastering issues on (I think it was) Volume 3. but I remember the DJ only got one day to drop it and didn't have time to get the sound cleaned up
    claaa7 always coming through with comps I had compiled a dope tape in this era called "chef's world" and rae dropped allot heat up til Ob4cl2 and that cover with the coke and the guns was raw asf

  5. #5
    SUPERIOR TASTE IN BAD MUSIC
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,216
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    SHEEPISH LOTC always cuming thru w/ the sick sig gifs
    <img src=https://www.wutang-corp.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic197760_8.gif border=0 alt= />

  6. #6
    aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Cuse Town, Usa
    Posts
    10,808
    Rep Power
    72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Yo View Post
    SHEEPISH LOTC always cuming thru w/ the sick sig gifs
    thx

  7. #7

    Default

    claa7 best poster on here. love ya site bro, keep it up with the ill mixes. a lot of forgotten piff on there

    01. "My Corner"
    02. "Flawless Crowns"
    03. "Heavyweights"
    04. "Treez"
    05. "Rap Killers"
    06. "Fly Shawty Penelope"
    07. "Treasurers"
    08. "Baggage Handlers" (Ft. Busta Rhymes)
    09. "Coca Mosaich" (Ft. Ill Bill)
    10. "Da Destroyer"
    11. "Fly Poetry"
    12. "I Recall" (Ft. Smif-N-Wessun)
    13. "Go Home"
    14. "House Of Wax"
    15. "Big Spender"
    16. "Counterfittin'"
    17. "Range Rover"
    18. "State Of Grace"
    19. "Kids That's Rich"
    20. "The PJs" (Ft. Masta Killa & Pete Rock)
    21. "True Masta Exclusive"
    22. "Weed Part 2"
    23. "The Young Black" (Ft. Ghostface Killah)
    24. "Ice Water Inc."
    25. "Cuban Chronicles"

    missing a few gems tho, thousands to ms ft ill bill prod by scram jones
    cocaine world prod by ill bill
    also the abc joint with ghostfavce premiered on vatican tapes right?

  8. #8

    Default

    https://www.mediafire.com/?liqxo4dx1oek5x5

    theres a link for all the other songs from that era i was feeling. didnt add anything from blood on chef apron cause it was all exclusive like an album.

    staten we go hard
    do it big ft busta and ice water
    thirsty fish ft bronze nazareth
    yolandas house ft meth and ghost
    make you pay
    run freesty;e
    yessir prod by doom
    you might die
    it aint hard to tell fresstyle
    rakim tribute
    bulletproof siaries ft the game
    hiphop tribute ft ice water
    apple jax
    advanced pawns ft rza and gza
    stay off the fukkin flowers ft. black keys
    brazil ft ill bill
    lets get it ft three 6 mafia and ice water
    the turn ft method man
    loot
    respect mine ft. wu tang
    chefs world
    cocaine world
    black opera ft supanatural
    blood missiles ft az
    recroom therapyft ghost and ugod
    kilos ft ghostface
    guerilla shyt ft tragedy
    king pinz
    5 deadly venoms ft. ghost lord tariq kool g rap big daddy kane
    the glide ft method man ugod and la the darkman
    a$$hole
    own my mind
    ill figures ft MOP and kool g rap
    eye 4 an eye 2006
    new york ft ghostface and az
    warface ft 9th prince and hoffa
    cartel gathering ft jadakiss and ghostface
    rocksteady ft wutang
    whats goin on
    4 min to lockdown ft. ghost redman methodman
    good kush ft jagged edge
    who would have thought
    abc ft ghostface
    once in a lifetime ft. mika
    the advantage ft busta
    address me and mister remix ft. busta and papoose
    presidential mc ft rza and method man
    letter to BIG
    thousands to M's ft ill bill
    g.o.d. pt 3 freestyle
    rover sport
    flawless
    24k rap ft havoc prod by jdilla
    be with you remix ft mary j blige
    the set up
    real aint real
    enemy ft ill bill
    heat rocks
    rennassaince rap ft. qtip lil wayne busta rhymes
    its what it is ft ghostface and masta killa
    realer ft maino
    russian cut
    give it to me remix ft. busta and melanie fiona
    once upon a time in america ft tekitha (lex diamond storys only good song)
    happy new years
    wu tang still rhyming
    travel places
    time will tell ft. styles p
    batman and robin ft ghostface prod by true master
    white cloud olympus prod by true master

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post


    Raekwon dropped some of his best stuff so far during the warm up to Cuban Linx. IMO some better stuff than anything on CL...except Pyrex Vision.
    Totally agree with you, my fellow slang gargoyle.

    btw, do you remember this shit? it was roughly around the same time vatican mixtapes were released

    CUBAN LINK NIGGERS
    Group Maintained by TSA
    For everyone debating snorting a line and rockin a fresh ceasar with a mean part of levi's when CL2 drops.

    -Must fully support a Julio Iglesias cameo on CL2

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    https://www.mediafire.com/?liqxo4dx1oek5x5

    theres a link for all the other songs from that era i was feeling. didnt add anything from blood on chef apron cause it was all exclusive like an album.

    staten we go hard
    do it big ft busta and ice water
    thirsty fish ft bronze nazareth
    yolandas house ft meth and ghost
    make you pay
    run freesty;e
    yessir prod by doom
    you might die
    it aint hard to tell fresstyle
    rakim tribute
    bulletproof siaries ft the game
    hiphop tribute ft ice water
    apple jax
    advanced pawns ft rza and gza
    stay off the fukkin flowers ft. black keys
    brazil ft ill bill
    lets get it ft three 6 mafia and ice water
    the turn ft method man
    loot
    respect mine ft. wu tang
    chefs world
    cocaine world
    black opera ft supanatural
    blood missiles ft az
    recroom therapyft ghost and ugod
    kilos ft ghostface
    guerilla shyt ft tragedy
    king pinz
    5 deadly venoms ft. ghost lord tariq kool g rap big daddy kane
    the glide ft method man ugod and la the darkman
    a$$hole
    own my mind
    ill figures ft MOP and kool g rap
    eye 4 an eye 2006
    new york ft ghostface and az
    warface ft 9th prince and hoffa
    cartel gathering ft jadakiss and ghostface
    rocksteady ft wutang
    whats goin on
    4 min to lockdown ft. ghost redman methodman
    good kush ft jagged edge
    who would have thought
    abc ft ghostface
    once in a lifetime ft. mika
    the advantage ft busta
    address me and mister remix ft. busta and papoose
    presidential mc ft rza and method man
    letter to BIG
    thousands to M's ft ill bill
    g.o.d. pt 3 freestyle
    rover sport
    flawless
    24k rap ft havoc prod by jdilla
    be with you remix ft mary j blige
    the set up
    real aint real
    enemy ft ill bill
    heat rocks
    rennassaince rap ft. qtip lil wayne busta rhymes
    its what it is ft ghostface and masta killa
    realer ft maino
    russian cut
    give it to me remix ft. busta and melanie fiona
    once upon a time in america ft tekitha (lex diamond storys only good song)
    happy new years
    wu tang still rhyming
    travel places
    time will tell ft. styles p
    batman and robin ft ghostface prod by true master
    white cloud olympus prod by true master
    thanks for this

    and the claa7 mix still goes hard after all these years

    i know what i'm going to be annoying my co-workers with today

  11. #11

    Default

    btw anyone got a link for blood on chef's apron?

  12. #12

    Default

    one of the last bangers from that era

  13. #13
    PRODIGAL SUN
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Arkham Asylum
    Age
    36
    Posts
    676
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I' gonna say the FILA Prequel tape is more underated
    Judging Saints and Angels.

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    \_(ツ)_/
    Age
    15
    Posts
    16,562
    Rep Power
    85

    Default

    I don't think the vatican era is underrated because those tapes were dope as fuck and people all thought they were too. Will check out claa7's joint they're usually good shit

    Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    claa7 best poster on here. love ya site bro, keep it up with the ill mixes. a lot of forgotten piff on there
    So your favourite poster on here is Swedish?
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

    Quoting ≠ Agreement.

  15. #15
    nada ignorante
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Brazilian Jungle
    Posts
    2,524
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    yep them shits was goood back then
    N.I.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •