once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 122

Thread: OUATIS the Book - Free Giveaway!

  1. #106

    Default

    Those snowballs have done quite well, helped a few parents conceive when told they couldn't have babies. Wu-Tang is for the babies.

  2. #107
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Italia
    Age
    37
    Posts
    435
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    Those snowballs have done quite well, helped a few parents conceive when told they couldn't have babies. Wu-Tang is for the babies.
    But you aren't wu-tang dude ;-)

  3. #108

    Default

    really? thats all you got?

  4. #109

  5. #110

  6. #111

    Default

    Cilva, can ya boy get a book? I thoroughly enjoy reading.

  7. #112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinematic View Post
    Cilva, can ya boy get a book? I thoroughly enjoy reading.
    Amazon, bong

  8. #113
    The ABBOTT noel411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Australia
    Age
    37
    Posts
    7,725
    Rep Power
    68

    Default

    Finished this boek. Gotta say I really rather enjoyed it. Wasn't so fond of the author and all the rubbish about the number 8 was really fucking annoying, but otherwise the story was quite interesting and compelling for the most part. It did drag a bit around the middle though, with all the museum and auction shit.

    I would have one question for Cilva, and that is simply when you completed the album, having set out with a goal of what you wanted to achieve musically, how satisfied were you with the finished product? Did the album turn out how you had envisioned it, and did it fulfill the vision you had had of it?
    Check out my new live instruments track, 'It Doesn't Matter Anymore'...

    https://soundcloud.com/user-34780775...matter-anymore

  9. #114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    Finished this boek. Gotta say I really rather enjoyed it. Wasn't so fond of the author and all the rubbish about the number 8 was really fucking annoying, but otherwise the story was quite interesting and compelling for the most part. It did drag a bit around the middle though, with all the museum and auction shit.

    I would have one question for Cilva, and that is simply when you completed the album, having set out with a goal of what you wanted to achieve musically, how satisfied were you with the finished product? Did the album turn out how you had envisioned it, and did it fulfill the vision you had had of it?
    Happy you enjoyed the book. Hope you understand now how the album to came to be, and how I was planning to play it all out to get it released and what went wrong. Regarding the album.. I'm a perfectionist in the sense that I will never be happy with it. I haven't heard it since it went to Martin. I remember at that time I was definitely feeling it. Right now, if I heard it again, I'd probably keep 60/65% of it, re-arrange it, maybe add something to it, I don't know. It's a different time now. It's a strong album, and the guys are in top form. But despite of everybody thinks, the psychology of it is that it will no way in hell ever live up to the expectations everybody has for it now. The hype is beyond anything I've witnessed before. It might just be an experience similar to say a girl you were in love with all these years and then finally you get that kiss or sex and you're like: hmm ok, that was good but it wasn't like I thought it was gonna be.. Just because you played that shit up in your head beyond anything realistic. But for me, the album fulfilled the vision I had of it and there were tracks on there that were beyond what I thought I was capable of making. But it wasn't just me who made this. The emcees were awesome and beyond.
    Last edited by Cilvaringz; 09-16-2017 at 08:07 AM.

  10. #115
    The ABBOTT noel411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Australia
    Age
    37
    Posts
    7,725
    Rep Power
    68

    Default

    Cool bro. Personally I c no reason to have especially high expectations of it. I was in that boat for a while, where I was like it could never live up to the hype. But really none of the hype has anything to do with the music. I don't look at it differently to any other album. I look at it as an album with all the right intentions, but I don't know how on board all the participants were and what kind of form they brought in. After reading the book I must say I'd love to hear the album, but I just don't see the clan as being a united force anymore, and that limits what they r capable of doing, especially on an album like this where it seemingly wasn't a joint vision and joint group effort.

    I do expect it'd stand above other recent wu shit tho. Surely it is some kind of breath of fresh air (I've never heard any snippets or anything BTW). I'm not holding out for a leak or anything, but def hoping to hear it one day.
    Check out my new live instruments track, 'It Doesn't Matter Anymore'...

    https://soundcloud.com/user-34780775...matter-anymore

  11. #116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    Cool bro. Personally I c no reason to have especially high expectations of it. I was in that boat for a while, where I was like it could never live up to the hype. But really none of the hype has anything to do with the music. I don't look at it differently to any other album. I look at it as an album with all the right intentions, but I don't know how on board all the participants were and what kind of form they brought in. After reading the book I must say I'd love to hear the album, but I just don't see the clan as being a united force anymore, and that limits what they r capable of doing, especially on an album like this where it seemingly wasn't a joint vision and joint group effort.

    I do expect it'd stand above other recent wu shit tho. Surely it is some kind of breath of fresh air (I've never heard any snippets or anything BTW). I'm not holding out for a leak or anything, but def hoping to hear it one day.
    Funny enough it sounds like more of a joint effort than other albums. And unfortunately the Clan hasn't been a united force as we define it, in a long time. See GZA's comments in a RollingStone article: "The Clan hasn't been on the same page for 20 years."

  12. #117
    Kung Fu Alter Ego num2son's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    U.S.A. New Jersey
    Age
    38
    Posts
    11,644
    Rep Power
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    See GZA's comments in a RollingStone article: "The Clan hasn't been on the same page for 20 years."
    Oh well, why continue?
    Quote Originally Posted by soul controller View Post
    i remember random shit i dont need to know lol
    "Who's the wickedest, street officialist, Guess, Gortex
    Lex is the crispiest, ice the vidiculous
    Peep and look, the unexplainable'll keep ya shook
    High illism, the realism got you hooked"
    AZ - Doe or Die (Rza Remix)

  13. #118
    The ABBOTT noel411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Australia
    Age
    37
    Posts
    7,725
    Rep Power
    68

    Default

    Another question for cilvaringz... Did u consider having the one copy pressed to vinyl instead of CDs? If so can u tell us y u chose to go with CDs?
    Check out my new live instruments track, 'It Doesn't Matter Anymore'...

    https://soundcloud.com/user-34780775...matter-anymore

  14. #119

    Default

    Considered it briefly but that would require sending in the master to a pressing plant which would mean we couldn't guarantee a single existance of the music + there could be a leak of the album. Most leaks happen at the pressing plants. We chose CDs only because that way we could keep the album safe on the darknet until time for sale commenced. We would then download it and put it either on two CDRs or a USB stick if he so wanted. We were nervous as hell that custom agents would inspect the CDs and scratch them while inspecting. So we did it the other way and deleted it all. We do actually have Covers that were made for it, vinyl as well.

  15. #120
    The ABBOTT noel411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Australia
    Age
    37
    Posts
    7,725
    Rep Power
    68

    Default

    Cool man. Makes sense.
    Check out my new live instruments track, 'It Doesn't Matter Anymore'...

    https://soundcloud.com/user-34780775...matter-anymore

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •