once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!

Thread: Napalm Rec new customer info (message from Dom P)

Default Napalm Rec new customer info (message from Dom P)

DUE TO THE FEEDBACK ON INTERNATIONAL CUSTOM CHARGES.
    WE FIXED THE PROBLEM AND YOU WILL NO LONGER HAVE TO WORRY.

SORRY

^^apparently Dom had the import tax issue in the UK solved
    Quote Originally Posted by Artsdradamus View Post
    Dear Diary,

I cannot wait for the next Wu-Syndicate release. Iím so excited that I canít sleep. Joe Mafia and Myalansky are so dreamy and cool. Sometimes I fantasize that they will be my first kiss.

Yours truly,

Lee Towers' Vagina

'In The Trenches, Vol. 1' (new) and 'Operation Bloody Valentine' (reissue) are being shipped out this week.
    Dear Diary,

I cannot wait for the next Wu-Syndicate release. Iím so excited that I canít sleep. Joe Mafia and Myalansky are so dreamy and cool. Sometimes I fantasize that they will be my first kiss.

Yours truly,

Lee Towers' Vagina

Got a shipping notice for both albums today.
    Dear Diary,

Yours truly,

Lee Towers' Vagina

Peace CT

Who's the 3rd cat on here rhyming with Dom P and Bugsy? Thanx and peace

Chapel

He had at least 2, maybe 3 solo albums out via Napalm Records in the early 2000s.

Here's his album 'Complex Mind' (Spotify album stream) from 2005.

https://open.spotify.com/album/3KteGRtgnxx3Gi0Oe8qb9U

He was featured heavily on Napalm compilation albums too.

I don't know why he left or was asked to leave Napalm Records. Napalm used to have a big roster of artists. When Dom Pachino took a few years off from recording and distributing studio albums I think everyone just went their own way.
    Last edited by Hal Incandenza; 11-26-2017 at 02:08 AM.
    Dear Diary,

Yours truly,

Lee Towers' Vagina

In the trenches Vol. 1 and Operation Bloody Valentine arrived at my place today

I'll post some feedback on In the trenches later this weekend. I probably have some time for a solid listen on Sunday

The albums arrived in slim cardboard sleeves.
    Dear Diary,

Yours truly,

Lee Towers' Vagina

two listens in on In The Trenches Vol 1 and it's definitely solid.

I need some more listens though for a well rounded opinion. like I said above, I hope I can get you guys a review sometime Sunday

Bronze Naz, Bugsy, Zu Bulliez, Joe Mafia, Shaka Amazulu, Solomon Childs are among the rappers that are featured

the Buddha Monk produced Zu Bulliez track has a dooope beat

some other familiar names to those who've been listening to recent Napalm releases are rapper Shakezpeare and producer Dash Shamash (who raps on here too)

Dom P is on 2 tracks (as Teraban w/ Bugsy). one of those is a 'Scrap Metal' remix. the original appeared on a Dash Shamash compilation album

there's no commercial beats on here. Dom has a good ear for beats
    Dear Diary,

Yours truly,

Lee Towers' Vagina

HONK! HONK! Bangin' TSA's wife at the TA (tits & ass) truck stop. BIG RIG BROCK's Avatar

lee, you should be knighted

lol thanks

There's not a weak track on here. Dash Shamash (the producer) raps in Spanish (he IS actually Spanish), even though his track has the English title 'Kill the mumble rappers'. Shakezpeare is British, he flows well. These trips to Europe on the album fit in well after a few listens. Other newcomers are Cluniac, Elias, Xavier and Elijah Miguel. All these newcomers do well. My favorite track from these new guys is the simple yet effectieve 'Let me be great' by Elijah Miguel

Dom P is only on one new track. Then there's an intro, a skit and a remix he's featured on. Bugsy's on more tracks. His '95 state of mind' dips into the happenings in rap in 95 really well. Some nice voice sampling from tracks from 95 in there too. Really well executed. You can always depend on Bugsy to bring some quality to the table.

I'd say the weakest track on here is 'On the wagon' (Shaka Amazulu ft. Solomon Childs). The track is still solid, but Shaka will never flow effortlessly (to my ears) and Solomon Childs is lazy in his verse writing on here, especially in his last few lines. It's still a very good beat (can't go wrong with Su-Preme!), it really carries the song. So this song is not awful at all, just not very remarkable from a lyrical point of view.

I was gonna do a track by track review but I'm swamped with exams right now. I might still do so later. As it stands, if I were to give Dom Pachino's 'War Poetry' a 10, then this album right here would be a 7 1/2. Which is really good. It definitely means I would buy the album again. As mentioned above the production is on point throughout.

Then there's the Teraban 'Operation Bloody Valentine' reissue. I only ever had the download (it was never released on CD before) and had listened to it maybe 3 times over the years. I'd say that with this album in the CD player now ... it's a bit of a rediscovery. I must not have paid a lot of attention back then, but now I see there's a lot of good stuff on here. My fav track would be 'Crime'. The voice sample and the beat are crazy. I'd say this is a very solid effort as well and fits in nicely with last year's Teraban album : same tone, same quality. If I were to grade this album out of ten, with 'War Poetry' being a 10 again, I'd give this Teraban reissue a 7. That 'Crime' track by itself is a 10 though.

Note that I'm not comparing these albums to Wu-Tang Clan or Wu releases, but I'm making comparisons within the Napalm catalogue.

If you are still hesitant about buying these, I'd say go for it.

Peace.
    Last edited by Hal Incandenza; 12-05-2017 at 01:19 AM.
    Dear Diary,

Yours truly,

Lee Towers' Vagina

The finished artwork for Dom Pacino's new LP 'Firegod' is up

https://dompachino.bandcamp.com/merc...e-gift-of-fire

You can also pre-order the album there. physicals only. IIRC the album drops December 25
    Dear Diary,

Yours truly,

Lee Towers' Vagina

PRODIGAL SUN

I just can't justify paying 20 for an 11 track cd that may or may not be any good

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopjunky View Post
    I just can't justify paying 20 for an 11 track cd that may or may not be any good
    I will post an extensive review as soon as I get the album in the mail so you can find out whether it's any good. I'll be as descriptive as possible.

I assume Napalm will have some copies left after the album drops on December 25 so you can still order.

I got you covered man.

Peace.
    Dear Diary,

Yours truly,

Lee Towers' Vagina

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Towers View Post
    I will post an extensive review as soon as I get the album in the mail so you can find out whether it's any good. I'll be as descriptive as possible.

I assume Napalm will have some copies left after the album drops on December 25 so you can still order.

I got you covered man.

Peace.
    Ty bro