once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 234

Thread: Feds are taking OUATIS, Judge has ruled....

  1. #31

    Default

    Imagine going back to 1997 when Wu-Tang Forever was released, and tell the Wu and the fans that someday wu is going to have a one ex-album, and that album, that legend, is going to be owned, by the... Government..

    This is just great.. Cilva and RZA gotta be loving this hype!
    -----> Check newly released "Genesis, vol 2" beat mixtape available on all streaming services.
    -----> Check Rev. William Burks aka Chuuuch "Nigowkno", "Runnit" and "Ganja"
    -----> Check also on Spotify, Tidal or Apple Music: KAMi "Genesis, vol 1"

  2. #32

    Default

    You know what's funny about all this... A lot of you are willing to quote whatever source you like to make your point that this is not a Wu-Tang Clan album, or that I did some snake shit, or whatever. Yet none of you would quote the book Cyrus Bozorgmehr wrote and give our side of the story. Personally I don't care, well maybe a bit otherwise I wouldn't bring it up, but it's some funny shit. You'll quote U-God talking about this album not being a real Wu-Tang album, and then just a few hours ago Uyi is talking about it being one (http://www.tmz.com/2018/03/06/wu-tan...me-in-shaolin/). You'll quote Masta Killa calling it a mixtape 3 years later, but you won't quote his original statement in the original Forbes piece which was an actual digital recording in which he expressed joy of being part of this "musical portrait". Go to Scluzay.com and hear both Ghostface and Raekwon talk about this as a Wu-Tang Clan album. No more, no less. Yet when two silly journalists from Bloomberg dangle a supposed 2 million dollar paycheck in front of two felons down on their luck, and two disgruntled managers, suddenly their opinions can constitute what a real Wu album is and what is not??? Better than RZA? Seriously?

    And you might want to pull up an interview Masta Killa did with Peter Rosenberg. While Peter was playing Killa songs of his catalogue, they stumble upon Winter Warz. But it's not the version off Iron Man, but the version as used on Don't Be A Menace soundtrack. As you all know, that version starts with a different intro and Killa didn't recognize it, to which Peter asked (if my memory serves me right) something in the sphere of "didn't you know where this song would end up at when you were recording it?". To which Killa said that back then they would just record music, and things would end up at wherever RZA wanted to. And this is how a lot of the early works were recorded, according to the Abbott himself. This is why The Faster Blade and Assassination Day ended up on Iron Man, despite Ghostface not being on them. This is why a bunch of tracks on Beneath The Surface don't even have GZA on them. Does that make those albums fake Ghostface albums or fake GZA albums? The beats to Shadowboxin' and Ice Cream were made within a 2 hour span from one another. This was the organic approach that was taken back then when recording Wu music, no matter where it would end up at. You think "One Blood Under W", "In The Hood" and "Radioactive" were songs recorded for The W and Iron Flag? Those were songs recorded for Masta Killa's album. Are they now fake Wu-Tang Clan songs? If the logic you want to apply to OUATIS is justified than you should apply it to these songs as well. But it's bullshit, because that's how shit gets made. Organic recording. And thank God for that. Because we all know how the actual "hey be there at 3 tomorrow we're gonna record a Wu-Tang Clan album" approach has worked out for the last three Clan albums. You don't need my word for it, there's enough about it in the press. And this is why OUATIS sounds the way it sounds. Because there were no strings attached. Just pure organic recordings.
    Last edited by Cilvaringz; 03-06-2018 at 07:06 PM.

  3. #33

    Default

    It's basically "The Saga Continues" except we're never going to hear it.. or are we?!

    RZA signed off on that, but is it a Wu-Tang Clan album? I'm not arguing against OUATIS, i'm just curious if there is a difference

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Į\_(ツ)_/Į
    Age
    14
    Posts
    16,565
    Rep Power
    84

    Default

    You lot are like flies to shit when it comes to this album.

    Lol @ Ringz being upset over what people he hates thinks of his album no one has heard.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

    Quoting ≠ Agreement.

  5. #35

    Default

    It's reversed. I don't really care what you think since it has no discernible effect on anything. I'm just passionately intrigued by how funny the bias is.

  6. #36
    Vizual Artist ShaolinArtStudent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    the edge of the void
    Posts
    48
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    You lot are like flies to shit when it comes to this album.

    Lol @ Ringz being upset over what people he hates thinks of his album no one has heard.
    Anything to get your name out there lol.

    I would say "and for the art", but I think everyone knows it isn't.
    "En garde...I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style!"


  7. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rzatrax View Post
    Here's what U-God is saying in his book, it summarises it all: https://i.imgur.com/eSIaDY1.png
    (This part of the book is already available online for free, it's from a preview at Google books)

    as RZA would say " Bong Bong "
    I guess I'm wondering why I'm having a hard time understanding where the wutang members and majority of fans are coming from. What Ugod just wrote is stupidity. You have all complained that you wanted to get paid first for albums. You got paid first and now you want equity that you were too stupid to ever factor. Why would they pay to the 2 million when they already paid you to rap? Rappers are stupid as fuck

    and what's everyone beef? I don't even get what someone would want it to leak. This is a historic part of a legacy that deserves some type of win after trying as hard as possible to cannibalize it's own name for 15 consecutive years. I don't want it to leak. Let that shit be legendary. Plus idk if any of you notice but the album sucks. Why do you want to hear it? If you knew that Method Man had a secret album called Tical 0, how stupid would you look clamoring for him to strip it of it's secrecy which would be it's only redeeming factor? Once that secret Tical 0 leaks how stupid would you been actually trying to find out what a wutang album with verses recorded on different days produced by a moroccan forum moderator in 2017 would sound like?
    Let the rest of the world care, but you as wutang fans know damn well what that shit sounds like and how fast it would become a weed plate.

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    You know what's funny about all this... A lot of you are willing to quote whatever source you like to make your point that this is not a Wu-Tang Clan album, or that I did some snake shit, or whatever. Yet none of you would quote the book Cyrus Bozorgmehr wrote and give our side of the story. Personally I don't care, well maybe a bit otherwise I wouldn't bring it up, but it's some funny shit. You'll quote U-God talking about this album not being a real Wu-Tang album, and then just a few hours ago Uyi is talking about it being one (http://www.tmz.com/2018/03/06/wu-tan...me-in-shaolin/). You'll quote Masta Killa calling it a mixtape 3 years later, but you won't quote his original statement in the original Forbes piece which was an actual digital recording in which he expressed joy of being part of this "musical portrait". Go to Scluzay.com and hear both Ghostface and Raekwon talk about this as a Wu-Tang Clan album. No more, no less. Yet when two silly journalists from Bloomberg dangle a supposed 2 million dollar paycheck in front of two felons down on their luck, and two disgruntled managers, suddenly their opinions can constitute what a real Wu album is and what is not??? Better than RZA? Seriously?

    And you might want to pull up an interview Masta Killa did with Peter Rosenberg. While Peter was playing Killa songs of his catalogue, they stumble upon Winter Warz. But it's not the version off Iron Man, but the version as used on Don't Be A Menace soundtrack. As you all know, that version starts with a different intro and Killa didn't recognize it, to which Peter asked (if my memory serves me right) something in the sphere of "didn't you know where this song would end up at when you were recording it?". To which Killa said that back then they would just record music, and things would end up at wherever RZA wanted to. And this is how a lot of the early works were recorded, according to the Abbott himself. This is why The Faster Blade and Assassination Day ended up on Iron Man, despite Ghostface not being on them. This is why a bunch of tracks on Beneath The Surface don't even have GZA on them. Does that make those albums fake Ghostface albums or fake GZA albums? The beats to Shadowboxin' and Ice Cream were made within a 2 hour span from one another. This was the organic approach that was taken back then when recording Wu music, no matter where it would end up at. You think "One Blood Under W", "In The Hood" and "Radioactive" were songs recorded for The W and Iron Flag? Those were songs recorded for Masta Killa's album. Are they now fake Wu-Tang Clan songs? If the logic you want to apply to OUATIS is justified than you should apply it to these songs as well. But it's bullshit, because that's how shit gets made. Organic recording. And thank God for that. Because we all know how the actual "hey be there at 3 tomorrow we're gonna record a Wu-Tang Clan album" approach has worked out for the last three Clan albums. You don't need my word for it, there's enough about it in the press. And this is why OUATIS sounds the way it sounds. Because there were no strings attached. Just pure organic recordings.

    also, how fucking dumb and aloof do you have to be to be a member of wutang and not recognize Winter Wars LMFAO! Jesus. What a fucking goober. Forget that you're a professional rapper and at that point you had only been on 5 songs in your dumb ass life. You couldn't recognize the first hit you were ever on? And I can? This is how all of them except Rza are. They have no clue what's happening and have nooothinnggg to do with the creative process of their albums. So it say it's not a wutang album because an idiot like U-god didn't know is hilarious because U-god can't name 5 Ghostface songs. I can't remember the interview I saw where one of them was struggling to remember the name of the wutang clans second album. Their opinions don't count. The only one I've heard of being involved in the creative process for any of his own projects (how stupid does that sound) is Ghost.

    Anyone remember the interview where Jay-z was recalling a time that Method Man was complaining to him about his album promotion, and Jay told him to go talk to his AR, and Meth didn't know who it was LOL. Method man himself was telling a story about how disinterested in making wutangs second album he was and how he just did his verses and didn't care like Ghost and Rae did.


    Ok lets see. You're stupid ass was selling popcorn at the statue of liberty 2 years ago. You join a thing. It makes you over a million dollars. You see the entire world. You end up on movies and TV. and that thing wasn't interesting? You didn't think that thing would hold any gravity in your life? LOL holy shit. Imagine getting shot and casually not caring about it. That would be easier to ignore than being a wutang member in 1996, and not being interested in the wutang clan.

    So if they say they 'didn't know' or it was 'a compilation' then good lol. Why was it easier to get them to record a compilation than an actual album?

  9. #39

    Default

    Remember how Hanz On had to basically trick method man, a professional rapper, into recording an album? lol fucc.

  10. #40

    Default

    If Rza is the architect, recording verses, switching up beats, not involving the other members in the decision making process regarding this or that - then itís ok, because itís Rza.

    If Cilvaringz is the architect, recording verses, switching up beats, not involving the other members in the decision making process regarding this or that - then itís not ok, because itís not Rza.

  11. #41
    Vizual Artist ShaolinArtStudent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    the edge of the void
    Posts
    48
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ta12113 View Post
    If Rza is the architect, recording verses, switching up beats, not involving the other members in the decision making process regarding this or that - then itís ok, because itís Rza.

    If Cilvaringz is the architect, recording verses, switching up beats, not involving the other members in the decision making process regarding this or that - then itís not ok, because itís not Rza.
    Either way, RZA wins.

  12. #42

    Default

    To be clear I am not saying I view it this way, but perhaps it is a sentiment which colors other peopleís perception of the situation.

  13. #43
    Hungry Hyena From Medina SL33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,191
    Rep Power
    40

    Default

    In Masta Killa's defence, he didn't recognize an intro not an actual song.

    That intro is actually a The Luniz beat, and Don't be A Menace version of Winter Warz roams throughout the You Tube.


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H4bSPeBZi8




  14. #44
    Hungry Hyena From Medina SL33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,191
    Rep Power
    40

    Default

    In Masta Killa's defence, he didn't recognize an intro, not an actual song.

    That intro is actually a The Luniz beat, and Don't be A Menace version of Winter Warz roams throughout the You Tube.


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_H4bSPeBZi8




  15. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    You know what's funny about all this... A lot of you are willing to quote whatever source you like to make your point that this is not a Wu-Tang Clan album, or that I did some snake shit, or whatever. Yet none of you would quote the book Cyrus Bozorgmehr wrote and give our side of the story. Personally I don't care, well maybe a bit otherwise I wouldn't bring it up, but it's some funny shit. You'll quote U-God talking about this album not being a real Wu-Tang album, and then just a few hours ago Uyi is talking about it being one (http://www.tmz.com/2018/03/06/wu-tan...me-in-shaolin/). You'll quote Masta Killa calling it a mixtape 3 years later, but you won't quote his original statement in the original Forbes piece which was an actual digital recording in which he expressed joy of being part of this "musical portrait". Go to Scluzay.com and hear both Ghostface and Raekwon talk about this as a Wu-Tang Clan album. No more, no less. Yet when two silly journalists from Bloomberg dangle a supposed 2 million dollar paycheck in front of two felons down on their luck, and two disgruntled managers, suddenly their opinions can constitute what a real Wu album is and what is not??? Better than RZA? Seriously?

    And you might want to pull up an interview Masta Killa did with Peter Rosenberg. While Peter was playing Killa songs of his catalogue, they stumble upon Winter Warz. But it's not the version off Iron Man, but the version as used on Don't Be A Menace soundtrack. As you all know, that version starts with a different intro and Killa didn't recognize it, to which Peter asked (if my memory serves me right) something in the sphere of "didn't you know where this song would end up at when you were recording it?". To which Killa said that back then they would just record music, and things would end up at wherever RZA wanted to. And this is how a lot of the early works were recorded, according to the Abbott himself. This is why The Faster Blade and Assassination Day ended up on Iron Man, despite Ghostface not being on them. This is why a bunch of tracks on Beneath The Surface don't even have GZA on them. Does that make those albums fake Ghostface albums or fake GZA albums? The beats to Shadowboxin' and Ice Cream were made within a 2 hour span from one another. This was the organic approach that was taken back then when recording Wu music, no matter where it would end up at. You think "One Blood Under W", "In The Hood" and "Radioactive" were songs recorded for The W and Iron Flag? Those were songs recorded for Masta Killa's album. Are they now fake Wu-Tang Clan songs? If the logic you want to apply to OUATIS is justified than you should apply it to these songs as well. But it's bullshit, because that's how shit gets made. Organic recording. And thank God for that. Because we all know how the actual "hey be there at 3 tomorrow we're gonna record a Wu-Tang Clan album" approach has worked out for the last three Clan albums. You don't need my word for it, there's enough about it in the press. And this is why OUATIS sounds the way it sounds. Because there were no strings attached. Just pure organic recordings.
    Ok I quoted a too many people, you're right about that. My point got lost!

    I didn't hear U-God say that he feels it's a Wu-Tang Clan album? His book explains that he does not feel that way. That doesn't mean that he (or any of the others involved) doesn't like the project or doesn't feel joy about being a part of it.

    He did say that he didn't get paid right for it, not taking away anything from the project itself but the way it was handled money-wise.

    "If Cilvaringz is the architect, recording verses, switching up beats, not involving the other members in the decision making process regarding this or that - then it’s not ok, because it’s not Rza."

    I'd like to change "not ok" with "not a Wu-Tang Clan album". It's totally ok to do this (since that's how albums are made, like you said) but that doesn't make it a Wu-Tang Clan album. They came out as a group with RZA being the leader, the fact that they recorded the songs you mentioned without knowing which project they were going to end up on, wasn't strange since it happened within the group. You are not a member of the group though, which is the difference. That doesn't mean that it's "fake" when you are doing it, but it's not the same thing. It may be even better, that's not the point!

    Once again, I'm not trying to take away anything from the project by explaining why I can't see it as a Wu-Tang Clan album. And I understand that it was put out like that and that RZA (as well as more members) co-signed it, because of the whole idea with the one exclusive copy. Ofc it was going to generate more money having that label!

    I'm sure you did a great job on this album, I have no doubts about that! And I'm sure the Wu members feel the same way too, if that doesn't show.
    Visit www.thugsnharmony.com for the latest news and rare downloads from Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, as well as other hip-hop artists!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •