once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Who has the best hip-hop catalog?

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    I love mobb deep, like infamous n hell on Earth r as good as it gets, n murda music was great too n has some of their best shit on it, but no word of a lie, I've honestly never even tuned my ears to which one is prodigy n which is havoc, lolz. No joke. I couldn't tell u who's who in any of their tracks, lolz. To me they're both just really indistinct, n tho nice as hell on the mic, just not outstanding in any way. Just really good at doing the sort of shit they did/do.
    really?

I can hear the difference between them...

now, if you are talking about Sick Jacken and B-Real, sometimes they seem the same rapper, but Hav and P...

Yeah it's pretty easy to hear the difference but I get what he's saying.

De mijne is 4x duurder!

KRS-One Later Collab albums with True Master, Marley Marl, Just Ice, Buckshot, Showbiz, Bumpy Knucks Etc....
    Yo!

I can tell the difference between B Real and Sick Jacken. It seemed like Sick Jacken was trying to out nasal B Real on the first Psycho Realm album. Their collaborations after that album have B Real with the higher voice. Sick Jacken is really slept on as a producer. Tech N9ne has said that he wants beats from Sick Jacken and Alchemist. I would love to hear him over some Soul Assassins production. They could definitely lace him with that horrorcore sound that he is known for.

SUPERIOR TASTE IN BAD MUSIC

Kanye would be an appropriate response.

a name that hasnt been mentioned is Aesop Rock.

everything he releases from solos to groups to features are never lackluster and never not good and thats talking 97-the present.

Veteran Member

I will look as a wu stan but...

As a group : Killarmy. 3 albums 3 classics.

Mobb deep first 2 albums are classics, third one is excellent but i donít feel the others. Killarmy has no bad projects.

As a solo artist, i would go with Killah priest. He is one of the few artist that stay relevant after 23 years. Heavy Mental is a classic and PWOWR is classic too. And he had many good albums. I canít say the same for Nas. I just feel his first 2 albums.

You did not like I Am...The Autobiography? That is usually considered his last good album until Stillmatic

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    You did not like I Am...The Autobiography? That is usually considered his last good album until Stillmatic
    I like some tracks but overall i donít feel the project. Same for stillmatic.