once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!

Thread: New A$AP Rocky Album - Testing

Default New A$AP Rocky Album - Testing

Pretty good production, boring rapping imo. Iracter he keeps

That shit is straight garbage.. that dudes doing way to many drugs.

Star Shower Lazer Magic ShaDynasty's Avatar

I love Rockys previous material. He had genius flows, futuristic beats and well written songs.

'Testing' is shocking. I don't have a good theory for what happened to this guy, theres like 3 or 4 passable songs and the rest of it sounds like a complete mess.

For most of the album he basically mumbles or faintly sings over unfocused, confusing productions full of hippy guitars and swirling vocals. He hinted at this style with his old song 'LSD' but that was actually a good song, whereas this stuff is only good for background music while you drop acid or eat shrooms.

Yeah he's obsessed with being mediocre and likely learned about the world from tumblr.
    There seems to be no clarity in his verses on this album. Everything is just a flow without actual content. I also think that he's holding himself back by playing a character. The character and everything it stands on died in 2014 and he's just been carrying on thinking he's edgy when he's actually dated.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    I love Rockys previous material. He had genius flows, futuristic beats and well written songs.

'Testing' is shocking. I don't have a good theory for what happened to this guy, theres like 3 or 4 passable songs and the rest of it sounds like a complete mess.

For most of the album he basically mumbles or faintly sings over unfocused, confusing productions full of hippy guitars and swirling vocals. He hinted at this style with his old song 'LSD' but that was actually a good song, whereas this stuff is only good for background music while you drop acid or eat shrooms.
    Fully agreed. So much wasted potential.

De mijne is 4x duurder!

Don't grab my jacket dunn Hollow Dartz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post

Pretty much sums it up. I was hyped for this project. I'll stick to the A$AP Mob tapes even though those dudes are starting lose their sound and sound more and more like migos raps..