once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 127

Thread: Hulu announces 10 episode scripted Wu-Tang origin series [spoilers]

  1. #106
    Double Secret Probation Sir Artsdradamus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Outside your house
    Posts
    17,785
    Rep Power
    106

    Default

    Chronologically, they’ve skipped past Rza’s attempted murder trial in Steubenville. Not to say they couldn’t go back and hit it with a flashback, but maybe they’re purposely putting it off until after the Oooh I Love You Rakeem fisasco as part of artistic expression to make the story better.

    also, what’s this bullshit about rza wanting his soundcheck to be perfect. This mother fucker hasn’t showed up on time toa concert ever, let alone made it for a soundcheck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artsdradamus View Post
    I also don't like when young millennials call me "sir"


    Check this thread for all of the upcoming Wu-Tang concerts.


    Check this thread for all of the upcoming Wu-Tang release dates.

  2. #107

    Default

    LOL he literally made an artform out of bad sound quality. I'm pretty sure wutang soundcheck = arriving to the show 2 hrs late and yelling "fix the fucking mics" during Criminology. I don't get the point of that entire scene. They just kinda had it and dropped it.

    I think the kid playing him is schitz. His interpretation of Rza is cool cause it's consistent but I really wonder where the hell it came from. He hasn't looked anyone in the face all season lol. Textbook asperger behavior. He also has the charisma of a wet pube but I think that's a 'new generation' thing. Though the guy playing Divine plays Divine better than Divine


    I don't think rappers should be involved in their biopics. Or any musician. Wutang has done the best job so far other than Eminem with 8 Mile, but they're not going to include smoking crack and dust, Rza catching a body (which was literally a pivotal moment for him). etc. Also didn't method man get shot in the leg? Wouldn't that be a better explanation for the cane than 'the only person here that has shown exceptional physical ability pulls a muscle and can't work'? lol Maybe Dave East's limits as an actor and Meth's being private got in the way. Idk.
    Last edited by TSA; 10-10-2019 at 02:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JASPER View Post
    Just accept the cookies, fag.


  3. #108
    Kung Fu Alter Ego num2son's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    U.S.A. New Jersey
    Age
    38
    Posts
    11,642
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    Only 3 episodes left. Haven't felt the climax yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by soul controller View Post
    i remember random shit i dont need to know lol
    "Who's the wickedest, street officialist, Guess, Gortex
    Lex is the crispiest, ice the vidiculous
    Peep and look, the unexplainable'll keep ya shook
    High illism, the realism got you hooked"
    AZ - Doe or Die (Rza Remix)

  4. #109
    God's Replica Mumm Ra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Black Pyramid
    Age
    34
    Posts
    12,235
    Rep Power
    101

    Default

    just got HULU and went two episodes in, i'm actually pleasantly surprised about how well made the series is so far

    I think my only annoyance is the actor that plays RZA. Any other actor I can visualize the Wu member being in that position except him. Especially his voice tone/ lack of a speech impediment. He doesn't strike me as RZA-esque at all


  5. #110
    Chaotician ShaDynasty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Isla Nublar
    Posts
    14,534
    Rep Power
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mumm Ra View Post
    just got HULU and went two episodes in, i'm actually pleasantly surprised about how well made the series is so far

    I think my only annoyance is the actor that plays RZA. Any other actor I can visualize the Wu member being in that position except him. Especially his voice tone/ lack of a speech impediment. He doesn't strike me as RZA-esque at all
    I got used to that within a few episodes, its more of an interpretation of the character in the writing instead of what the other actors are doing to various different degrees, impersonations.

    For me the hack who plays Ghostface is the guy who brings the show down. I don't find him believable as a thug/street guy, let alone as Ghostface himself. He would be more convincing playing Drake or Craig David in a biopic.

  6. #111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by num2son View Post
    Only 3 episodes left. Haven't felt the climax yet.
    That's what she said.

  7. #112
    God's Replica Mumm Ra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Black Pyramid
    Age
    34
    Posts
    12,235
    Rep Power
    101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    I got used to that within a few episodes, its more of an interpretation of the character in the writing instead of what the other actors are doing to various different degrees, impersonations.

    For me the hack who plays Ghostface is the guy who brings the show down. I don't find him believable as a thug/street guy, let alone as Ghostface himself. He would be more convincing playing Drake or Craig David in a biopic.
    yeah I get that a bit from the GFK actor too.

    Also - the RZA actor I saw on a radio show before I saw him act, might've ruined it a bit for me too

    overall though, for a streaming hulu show, it's pretty well done


  8. #113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    LOL he literally made an artform out of bad sound quality. I'm pretty sure wutang soundcheck = arriving to the show 2 hrs late and yelling "fix the fucking mics" during Criminology. I don't get the point of that entire scene. They just kinda had it and dropped it.

    I think the kid playing him is schitz. His interpretation of Rza is cool cause it's consistent but I really wonder where the hell it came from. He hasn't looked anyone in the face all season lol. Textbook asperger behavior. He also has the charisma of a wet pube but I think that's a 'new generation' thing. Though the guy playing Divine plays Divine better than Divine


    I don't think rappers should be involved in their biopics. Or any musician. Wutang has done the best job so far other than Eminem with 8 Mile, but they're not going to include smoking crack and dust, Rza catching a body (which was literally a pivotal moment for him). etc. Also didn't method man get shot in the leg? Wouldn't that be a better explanation for the cane than 'the only person here that has shown exceptional physical ability pulls a muscle and can't work'? lol Maybe Dave East's limits as an actor and Meth's being private got in the way. Idk.
    I honestlydont believe they brought up the ohio shit for no reason.

    Ohio stuff happened after rza was dropped. We coming up on it now if anything.

    Idk if this will have a season 2 but i sure do hope so.

  9. #114
    Double Secret Probation Sir Artsdradamus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Outside your house
    Posts
    17,785
    Rep Power
    106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    I honestlydont believe they brought up the ohio shit for no reason.
    i was thinking the same thing



    Quote Originally Posted by ForensikZ View Post
    Ohio stuff happened after rza was dropped. We coming up on it now if anything..
    you're right. i had my wu-tang timeline wrong. for some reason i always assumed that happened before the tommy boy days
    Quote Originally Posted by Artsdradamus View Post
    I also don't like when young millennials call me "sir"


    Check this thread for all of the upcoming Wu-Tang concerts.


    Check this thread for all of the upcoming Wu-Tang release dates.

  10. #115
    80's artificial intelligence bucko Max Chinroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Meet Me At The MAX
    Posts
    49,364
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Haha Yea the guy playing Ghost is over the top angry. It's actually comical at this point. I Imagine eventually a soda machine is gonna make a strange noise he doesnt like and he goes full berserker mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue Bally Kid View Post
    The Harm Reduction Unit is my favourite unit within the Unacceptable Behaviour Team.

  11. #116

    Default

    Yooooo

    My guess this ends with ghost shot in neck and rza attenoted murder. Idk the true details but obviousky they blending stories due to restrictions

    But... atleast we getting a season 2 hopefully because this shit really getting good now. The 1 track shots last episode with the ode to mcs who came up with them was dope.

    The early formation of the clan having rza rae meth and odb this episode, as well as an escalation in the violence. Ive seen people say that parts unoriginal or whatever but its a important part of their arc growing up.

    Great show for a wu fan for sure. The rns callback lol. Hope we see gravediggaz, sunz of man and shit jext season (fingers crossed).

  12. #117

    Default

    genuinely enjoying the series so far, pretty sure itl'll be greenlit for another season

  13. #118
    80's artificial intelligence bucko Max Chinroom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Meet Me At The MAX
    Posts
    49,364
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    So who is that big guy who gets out of prison and starts pistol whipping everything in sight and then trashes RZA's place and steals his music?
    Is that guy a real life S.I. bully from growing up?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue Bally Kid View Post
    The Harm Reduction Unit is my favourite unit within the Unacceptable Behaviour Team.

  14. #119

    Default

    I agree that the Ghost guy is doing too much. I get doing your own version of a character but this personality isn't going to make sense when factoring the rest of ghost's life, like wearing a Sherlock Holmes hat or flipping pancakes on his album cover lol. How is he going to justify any of the skits, dude's slang is off.

    I REALLY wish these kids could rap. They make wu sound wack as all fuck lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by JASPER View Post
    Just accept the cookies, fag.


  15. #120
    Double Secret Probation Sir Artsdradamus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Outside your house
    Posts
    17,785
    Rep Power
    106

    Default

    So U-God has nothing to do with this but they crowbarred his son iNTeLL into the last episode. He was the one rapping at the party when Rae and Power showed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artsdradamus View Post
    I also don't like when young millennials call me "sir"


    Check this thread for all of the upcoming Wu-Tang concerts.


    Check this thread for all of the upcoming Wu-Tang release dates.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •