once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Official - Red Dead Redemption 2

Well I finally completed it. It really is anticlimatic after a certain point, all shit breaks loose and then it mellows down, you think it ends then it just goes on and on. The epilogue is a game within it's self. I'm sure there are other single player games that has a storyline shorter than the damn epilogue of this.

I'm surprised they opened up the Red Dead 1 map. You get to truly see just how big this games map is.

Overall it's a great game. Game of the year most likely. It really does drag near the end though. Maybe it's because the games a prequel and they wanted to flesh out the storyline to lead into Red Dead 1 better. The storyline itself is the most serious one Rockstar has done along with Max Payne 3. No real Rockstar-esque satire in the game apart from the side missions. Like in the first game you had the creepy gravedigger and the Mexican revolutionary dude you help. A much more serious tone in this.

I think the only thing to do at this point are all the side missions dealing with strangers. I've been killing annoying hermits like the one who lives in the tree or small shack. Also found the building where the cult died and left a note. A UFO's light shines through if you visit around midnight.

A lot of weird events can happen at random. I was fishing some lake near Butcher Creek and looked through my binoculars at the other side where some of the hillbillys were loading a boat with dead bodies. They paddled out to the middle and dumped them, then left. That area of woods is weird at night since they have campsites in random places with skinned bodies cooking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue Bally Kid View Post
    The Harm Reduction Unit is my favourite unit within the Unacceptable Behaviour Team.

If you find the meteor crater, visit the cabin close by on the edge of the cliff. Nice little surprise in it. Also inspect the outside to make a sketch of what happened.
    The Harm Reduction Unit is my favourite unit within the Unacceptable Behaviour Team.

Yeah I found the meteor. I also randomly stumbled upon the ghost in Lemoyne. Creepy shit but it just encourages exploration in the game. I'v found a couple writings on the wall in Saint Denis and followed on that. It's one of the best random encounters in the game.

I did find some building in the woods with a lab on the inside, maybe generators and a giant Tesla coil thing on the outside you can take stairs up to. I think it's some sort of power plant. I'm guessing if they release DLC in the future, a mission will involve it.

That should be the Scientists lab, the one you meet in Saint Denis.

It's cool that you can meet the old gang members around the map and see what they are up to.

I haven't met that guy yet. I met the eccentric drunk French artist in a bar. He gave me a useless sketch and no mission. There is a botanist and a guy who lost some circus animals though. Also a midget who lives in the forest. When I find him he's getting hog tied and maybe thrown down a geyser near the Native Rez.

The multiplayer is good so far. Just watch out for groups of people who team up in the small towns and lasso anyone who enters. I got repeatedly hogtied and left with dynamite next to my body.

Just to mess with people joining my temporary posse I will usually hogtie a random civilian, cook them in a camp fire and place them on the dinner table like an "offering" for when they spawn in my campsite. I also wave to them so they know dinner is ready.

It would be pretty funny if Rockstar introduced food shortages/famines, and cannibalism into online. You spawn in the mountains and then my set hunts you down for gold and thigh parts using arrows or combat knives.