once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 94

Thread: Cilvaringz & U-God

  1. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by josborne3680 View Post
    So who’s in charge of asking Bronze? Ha. Anyway, everyone on here knows Ringz has beats although we haven’t heard one in what a decade. Problem is he has burned too many bridges with Clan and crew. Plus they don’t know what they fit with beat wise anymore. Peace
    Well I did put my disqualified beats into a compilation called Mental Chambers V and it's on Spotify. Matter of fact, all my disqualified beats are on Spotify. I'm holding onto the best ones for potential work, but Bronze got to hear them last week.

  2. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    Well, hopefully at some point the Generals, Killah Beez and Cilvaringz can put their pride aside and reach out to each other.. It is a great disservice for all including us fans to be deprived of potentially awesome music. I am still wondering whatever happened to those other eight beats GhostFace took from Cilvaringz
    That's what happens often. Go crazy when they hear them, stash them, forget them.

  3. #18
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Italia
    Age
    36
    Posts
    415
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by David Daniel Davis View Post
    Well, hopefully at some point the Generals, Killah Beez and Cilvaringz can put their pride aside and reach out to each other.. It is a great disservice for all including us fans to be deprived of potentially awesome music. I am still wondering whatever happened to those other eight beats GhostFace took from Cilvaringz
    Nothing. Don’t hope for cilvaringz music within the clan. It will not happen. Pray for bronze nazareth music in the clan. That can happen. And the last wu track with deck, killah priest and cappa is awesome : https://youtu.be/_mvflrDjWXA

  4. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antonelli View Post
    Nothing. Don’t hope for cilvaringz music within the clan. It will not happen. Pray for bronze nazareth music in the clan. That can happen. And the last wu track with deck, killah priest and cappa is awesome : https://youtu.be/_mvflrDjWXA
    Never say never Auntie Nelly, who knows, I might have some left over tracks from the fake trashy Wu album ! And hit you upside the head with some fly ass fake Wu shit to get ya mouthwater!

  5. #20
    Kung Fu Alter Ego num2son's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    U.S.A. New Jersey
    Age
    37
    Posts
    11,594
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    Ghost and Gza have a good ear for great beats. If the clan want powerful fire beats start looking into bandcamp producers or GBuilding.

    If Mental Chambers V and the rest are "disqualified beats" I can't imagine what the "qualified" ones sounds like.
    Quote Originally Posted by soul controller View Post
    i remember random shit i dont need to know lol
    "Who's the wickedest, street officialist, Guess, Gortex
    Lex is the crispiest, ice the vidiculous
    Peep and look, the unexplainable'll keep ya shook
    High illism, the realism got you hooked"
    AZ - Doe or Die (Rza Remix)

  6. #21
    Kung Fu Alter Ego num2son's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    U.S.A. New Jersey
    Age
    37
    Posts
    11,594
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    But i guess they stopped calling 4th and True as well, and they aint even do shit lol...... I bet you on day you'll be begging for a trashy fake wu album to save your soul!
    Then the clan is losing if they never considered 4th or True. But they deal with DJ Mathematics?
    I believe there was a voting poll years ago on this site on who besides rza is a great beat maker. And I think Math came in last. 4th and True were ahead of him.
    The Wu-Elements made that Pillage album a classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by soul controller View Post
    i remember random shit i dont need to know lol
    "Who's the wickedest, street officialist, Guess, Gortex
    Lex is the crispiest, ice the vidiculous
    Peep and look, the unexplainable'll keep ya shook
    High illism, the realism got you hooked"
    AZ - Doe or Die (Rza Remix)

  7. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Yuck DJ Khaled.

    Yeah they don't seem to have a clue. RZA won't dig in his yellow box for some good beats and just look at these guys solo careers, you can tell they have no fucking taste in beats. I think Ghostface and Masta Killa have done a pretty good job without RZA, thats basically it.
    Gza too. No taste in beats and no clue why their fans like them. Ghost MK and Gza seem well oriented. I'll make a guess that Khalid is a U-God suggestion lol. Or Raekwon. They're both pretty far from center.

    Though I think Khalid will do better than Rza because he'll feel pressured to 'sound like wutang', while Rza will be pressured to 'sound like russell crowe' because he's very very off center as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by JASPER View Post
    Just accept the cookies, fag.


  8. #23
    PRODIGAL SUN soob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Końskie, Poland
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,635
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I used to wait for Cilva's old projects with Moongod, Magpie etc but I don't anymore. I don't think Cilva is interested in releasing them and the new stuff doesn't sound good for me. Bronze Nazareth has also kind of run out of steam. His beats seem to have sounded the same since 2005. There've been some classics for these 15 years but most of the tracks is just one-listen ones

    "I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

  9. #24

    Default

    Let your prejudices dissuade you all you feel but Cilva has beats and Bronze got beats as well.

    Everyone who fronts on Cilva easily forgets how hype those same people were when he was sharing snippets of potential OUATIS with you. To be currently meme-ful: keep that same energy.

    And I don't understand anyone fronting on Bronze. Even in possible situations where he might have overextended and you're thinking "oh, this is just a 'meh' project" you have to realize who he's working with and the say they have in the beat selected. There is a definite reason the best beat off his collabo album with Canibus was Bronze's solo track off the deluxe edition:



    Anyone doubting Bronze, once his on-deck projects drop, I bet you're eating crow/rap pavillions...

  10. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soob View Post
    I used to wait for Cilva's old projects with Moongod, Magpie etc but I don't anymore. I don't think Cilva is interested in releasing them and the new stuff doesn't sound good for me. Bronze Nazareth has also kind of run out of steam. His beats seem to have sounded the same since 2005. There've been some classics for these 15 years but most of the tracks is just one-listen ones
    I can't agree with that. That is Bronze's style and niche product. If he were to switch he would be criticised even more so. I would rather him keep to what makes him great rather than reach for 'a more relevant sound'.
    People go to Bronze because they know what they are getting - Pure organic quality. He prefers to helm complete projects too, because he has nothing but fire in abundance.
    That's the current problem with some of the Wu, they will get 15 different trash sounding beats from obscure Euro no-hopers with wack names like 'Chitty-Chitty Bang Beats' or something, rather than collaborate with one or two Wu Elements for that pure quality of organic Wu soundscapes.
    The ego of some of the generals is appalling.
    They have been wasting the past two decades trying to get new fans, rather than rewarding the loyalty of fan base that is their foundation. Raekwon is a main culprit. His most successful album in last 20 yrs was OB4CL 2. That's because he went back to the formula. FILA was utter trash. DJ Khaled seriously, are they that blind?

  11. #26
    PRODIGAL SUN soob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Końskie, Poland
    Age
    25
    Posts
    1,635
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I see what you mean bro but for me Bronze kind of fell off with his beats. I ain't saying he's whack but they don't have that soul they used to have. Same shit with Apollo Brown (Bronze's student btw) whose beats I loved but now they sound bland to me in most cases.

    I dunno, maybe I've lost my appreciation in that kind of beats

    "I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

  12. #27
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Italia
    Age
    36
    Posts
    415
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soob View Post
    I see what you mean bro but for me Bronze kind of fell off with his beats. I ain't saying he's whack but they don't have that soul they used to have. Same shit with Apollo Brown (Bronze's student btw) whose beats I loved but now they sound bland to me in most cases.

    I dunno, maybe I've lost my appreciation in that kind of beats

    Bronze never felt off. He stay consistant and use the same formula for almost 20 years now.

    Check his latest work :

    https://youtu.be/zX5SAS57hTg

    https://youtu.be/lkK39Fl_dPM

    https://youtu.be/BZkWSBFMUbY

    https://youtu.be/RH-yb58VCoQ

    https://youtu.be/GF0yx6kEXNE

    https://youtu.be/cZJ3deWPbF4

    https://youtu.be/h4TcX8JHnKI

  13. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soob View Post
    I see what you mean bro but for me Bronze kind of fell off with his beats. I ain't saying he's whack but they don't have that soul they used to have. Same shit with Apollo Brown (Bronze's student btw) whose beats I loved but now they sound bland to me in most cases.

    I dunno, maybe I've lost my appreciation in that kind of beats
    That's all good boss man. That's the beauty of music (amongst other art forms) - the product is the same, but the experience and interpretation is wholly subjective.
    What's your opinion of the new Sav Kills joint produced by Bronze? I love it. I sincerely would love it if Deck did a whole album with Bronze. Let's hope he has some shine on Chamber 9.

  14. #29
    king disguised as beggar. the silencer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    i roam the earth's surface
    Age
    34
    Posts
    6,866
    Rep Power
    41

    Default

    The Bronze Tape was quite possibly the best production we've ever heard from Bronze... I stay bumping that on repeat


    In a just world, before it all burns down and we're all dead, the devoted diehard Wu-Tang fans would get a Bronze-produced LP of the entire Clan. It's madness that this dude keeps producing albums that are front-to-back bangers, the whole WTC knows who he is and what he brings, and they still haven't tapped him to produce an album yet.

    Same with Ringz, although the Ringz-produced WTC album did happen, but nobody gets to hear it besides Shkreli and the Feds.


    For real tho, before all is said and done, the Clan needs a heavy dose of Bronze & Ringz production to revitalize the SOUND. They've successfully revitalized the brand, it seems Wu brand has been on fire the last couple years. The SOUND has been mediocre though. The solution to that is so obvious, it's frustrating to think it might never happen

  15. #30
    Chaotician ShaDynasty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Isla Nublar
    Posts
    14,124
    Rep Power
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    Gza too. No taste in beats and no clue why their fans like them. Ghost MK and Gza seem well oriented. I'll make a guess that Khalid is a U-God suggestion lol. Or Raekwon. They're both pretty far from center.

    Though I think Khalid will do better than Rza because he'll feel pressured to 'sound like wutang', while Rza will be pressured to 'sound like russell crowe' because he's very very off center as well.
    Yeah, I almost said GZA. None of his albums are bad although some of them have a few wack songs.

    He usually has good taste in beats too.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •