once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Westside Gunn & MF Doom - Gorilla Monsoon (Remix)

  1. #1
    Chaotician ShaDynasty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Isla Nublar
    Posts
    14,148
    Rep Power
    88

    Default Westside Gunn & MF Doom - Gorilla Monsoon (Remix)



    Check out my remix. Let me know what you think, I never liked the original beat.

  2. #2

    Default

    🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

  3. #3

  4. #4

  5. #5
    Wu Vatican Rame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    NL
    Posts
    10,184
    Rep Power
    52

    Default

    Too much going on imo. The original beat was already perfect.

  6. #6
    Chaotician ShaDynasty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Isla Nublar
    Posts
    14,148
    Rep Power
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rame View Post
    Too much going on imo. The original beat was already perfect.
    That beat was dull, droney shit. Thanks for checking anyway.

  7. #7
    Secret Double Penetration Hal Incandenza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    CAMP DAVID
    Posts
    16,903
    Rep Power
    78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post


    Check out my remix. Let me know what you think, I never liked the original beat.
    imo the new beat works well with DOOM's (heavy) voice. not a fan of westside gunn's (light) voice, I think his voice doesn't carry over these types of beats that have got a lot going on

    idk why but the remix gave me a de la soul kind of vibe. that's a good thing lol

    btw kudos on this not just being a loop type beat, the production goes in different directions as the song proceeds

    gfk would sound very good over this soundscape too

  8. #8
    Chaotician ShaDynasty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Isla Nublar
    Posts
    14,148
    Rep Power
    88

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    imo the new beat works well with DOOM's (heavy) voice. not a fan of westside gunn's (light) voice, I think his voice doesn't carry over these types of beats that have got a lot going on

    idk why but the remix gave me a de la soul kind of vibe. that's a good thing lol

    btw kudos on this not just being a loop type beat, the production goes in different directions as the song proceeds

    gfk would sound very good over this soundscape too
    Thanks for the analysis. I guess the De La vibe might come from how the vocal samples cut in and out?

    Yeah I like the Doom verse, WSG is meh but I like his style.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •