once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 114

Thread: Killarmy : Musical Terrorist

  1. #91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    it's produced by Andrew Kelley
    Oh that Soul Temple producer?
    Well it's definitely not his best work.
    It just doesn't fit Killarmy (in my opinion).

  2. #92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    I liked the beat well enough. rhyme level was what I expected : so and so. 9th's verse was decent imo. shogun was okay too. islord brought the energy with his intense voice but that's about it, not like his lyrics are sharp. Not one memorable line on the whole track though.

    I thought it was okay for what it was but I'm not blown away. Andrew Kelley did alright on the beat but he's no 4th. Kelley did put effort into the beat with the dialogue snippets, the beat breaks and the guitar outro ; it's definitely not like he phoned it in. In my book he's a good producer in his own right. If rock or say guitars aren't your thing I understand why the beat would be a turn off. worked for me though.

    Dom P & Killa Sin are sorely missed in the lyrics department

    honestly I think this is about as good as these guys can do on their own. I think it's good to at least to see them in a group setting again and turning out product.

    9th has a good ear for beats so some of the other tracks might have better beats

    @ Grüne Hornisse : The Collector isn't even a real account, just put the dude on ignore
    You make a good point. This is the best we are going to get from them in this day and age. I thought 9th mentioned that he was producing the album, so I was surprised to see that Andrew Kelley is on this.
    For me though, this track is a filler - no way near memorable enough to be the lead single (if that is what it is). They will require a plethora of features from the likes of Sunz and Timbo, to pad out the album. If 9th can hit his older brother up for some gems from the vault (a la Tanasia) - that will also go a long way.
    I won't be able to take a whole album of Beretta and 9th over mediocre tracks like this though.

  3. #93

    Default

    Shit was nice in my opinion. It felt more like a 9th Prince feat Killarmy track then a Killarmy track. But that was okay for me. Hope they deliver their new album really soon, cuz this effort definitely makes me hungry for more...

  4. #94

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hal Incandenza View Post
    I liked the beat well enough. rhyme level was what I expected : so and so. 9th's verse was decent imo. shogun was okay too. islord brought the energy with his intense voice but that's about it, not like his lyrics are sharp. Not one memorable line on the whole track though.

    I thought it was okay for what it was but I'm not blown away. Andrew Kelley did alright on the beat but he's no 4th. Kelley did put effort into the beat with the dialogue snippets, the beat breaks and the guitar outro ; it's definitely not like he phoned it in. In my book he's a good producer in his own right. If rock or say guitars aren't your thing I understand why the beat would be a turn off. worked for me though.

    Dom P & Killa Sin are sorely missed in the lyrics department

    honestly I think this is about as good as these guys can do on their own. I think it's good to at least to see them in a group setting again and turning out product.

    9th has a good ear for beats so some of the other tracks might have better beats

    @ Grüne Hornisse : The Collector isn't even a real account, just put the dude on ignore
    Thank u brother. God bless u

  5. #95

  6. #96

    Default

    All wu fans should support them no matter what? If shyheim ran over your ugly girlfriend or killa sin shot your big mama, would you still support them? You're an idiot. lmao

  7. #97

    Default

    Hal Incandenza, keep french kissing those dirty cockroaches in the US of A.

  8. #98
    French kissing in the USA Hal Incandenza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    17,054
    Rep Power
    79

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The Collector View Post
    Hal Incandenza, keep french kissing those dirty cockroaches in the US of A.
    must be hard when sinfullycute's not answering your love letters

  9. #99
    aka Orion Zemo RADIOACTIVE MAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Alpha Centauri B
    Posts
    18,714
    Rep Power
    115

    Default

    this is what happens when you have no 4th disciple or DOM P



    thats all imma say


    https://graveyardshifter.bandcamp.com/album/the-genophage


    ^^^
    Graveyard shifter/falling down album

  10. #100
    nada ignorante
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Brazilian Jungle
    Posts
    2,548
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    This album is only gonna hurt their legacy imo...

  11. #101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hotnikks View Post
    This album is only gonna hurt their legacy imo...
    Exactly that. If this single is anything to go by, FMJ will reek of mediocrity. I sincerely hope I am proved wrong... but I highly doubt it.

  12. #102

    Default

    Props 2 Mythrandir and Hal inca. Nice comments.
    Have a nice weekend.
    Wu tang forever.

  13. #103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrandir View Post
    Exactly that. If this single is anything to go by, FMJ will reek of mediocrity. I sincerely hope I am proved wrong... but I highly doubt it.
    need more Beatjitzu & Burk on the new album


  14. #104
    The ABBOTT noel411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Australia
    Age
    37
    Posts
    7,617
    Rep Power
    67

    Default

    I had low expectations n tbh the track was much better than I expected. The beat was dope IMO. And I thought it was very killarmy tbh. Those guys r all below average rappers, but all 3 of them sounded better than they did on any previous killarmy album. Which is still below average, but listenable and enjoyable enough.

    I'd b more than happy to listen to an album of this quality level. As long as these guys r actually doing this cos they want to, and they're enjoying themselves, then I'm all for it. If they were just doing it for the sake of putting out a new killarmy album then I'd b opposed to it.

    For anyone who knew 4th and Dom p were gonna play no part in this but were still interested, I don't know what u were expecting. Personally this definitely exceeded my expectations.
    Check out my new live instruments track, 'It Doesn't Matter Anymore'...

    https://soundcloud.com/user-34780775...matter-anymore

  15. #105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Grüne Hornisse View Post
    Props 2 Mythrandir and Hal inca. Nice comments.
    Have a nice weekend.
    Wu tang forever.
    Props to you too Green Hornet!
    I hope your weekend is an exceptional one.
    Keep doin yo thing!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •