once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 37

Thread: So U-God ain't on Wu-Tang An American Saga?

  1. #16
    Peace CT
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    CT, USA
    Posts
    1,359
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Priest and RZA had their beef way back. I would say that 99-01 range. Don’t recall what it was over exactly but remember it more being Priest unhappy with RZA. And RZA definitely was not on the US tour of 8D, at least the show I was at. That was a weird time for Clan. Peace

  2. #17
    meet me in the lobby TommySuits's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Boston
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,983
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    "RAW IMA GIVE IT TO YA, WIT NO TRIVIA........'
    I think more people know that shit than decks verse on Triumph
    There's absolutely no way they can do a show on Wu and just leave him out of the story.
    it is strange that there was no mention of U-god, even when the intro to 'method man' came on they awkwardly skipped him.

  3. #18

    Default

    I hope there reason for leaving him out was something he wanted. I can see him opting not to be in it for one reason or another. either way it looks good.
    Maybe they're saving the solo U-God story for IMAX.
    Quote Originally Posted by JASPER View Post
    Just accept the cookies, fag.


  4. #19
    -Diamond in the Rough- 3rdEyeVizion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In a "state" where something's rotten
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,930
    Rep Power
    22

    Default

    Maybe he’s working on a second book

  5. #20

    Default

    https://twitter.com/megsokay/status/1154808150282756096
    The hope is that there will be a second season of #WuTangonHulu and it sounded like EP Francie Calfo says she's already greenlit one. #TCA19

  6. #21
    Kung Fu Alter Ego num2son's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    U.S.A. New Jersey
    Age
    37
    Posts
    11,625
    Rep Power
    44

    Default

    Maybe they couldn't find a white guy to play U-God.

    But if their names are there someone with be playing their role, U-God will probably mentioned by name.

    And "Sir" that is funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by soul controller View Post
    i remember random shit i dont need to know lol
    "Who's the wickedest, street officialist, Guess, Gortex
    Lex is the crispiest, ice the vidiculous
    Peep and look, the unexplainable'll keep ya shook
    High illism, the realism got you hooked"
    AZ - Doe or Die (Rza Remix)

  7. #22
    Double Secret Probation Sir Artsdradamus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Outside your house
    Posts
    17,641
    Rep Power
    105

    Default

    Bahahaha. U-God is not in this but his son is.



    On 1995’s “Glaciers of Ice,” Raekwon prophesized “My seeds, run with his seeds, marry his seeds/ That's how we keep Wu-Tang money all up in the family.” So it’s fair to ask if 20 years later any of their actual children will play them in the series as O’Shea Jackson Jr. did with Ice Cube in the NWA biopic Straight Outta Compton. RZA says it’s not quite that simple.

    “ODB’s son resembles him so much and embodies him, but screen acting is a talent,” he says. “There’s a technique, just like rapping. My sons are all musicians, but they don’t rap. My son got into Berkley for singing, and I can’t sing. You never know how the talent’s gonna translate. But it definitely was considered. A couple of our children auditioned. Somebody’s son did make it. U-God’s son has a role in episode 2. That’s how real it is. I invited him to come, he showed up and he delivered.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Artsdradamus View Post
    I also don't like when young millennials call me "sir"




    Check this thread for all of the upcoming Wu-Tang concerts.


    Check this thread for all of the upcoming Wu-Tang release dates.

  8. #23
    Shaolin Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Michoacan,Mexico
    Posts
    372
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    no U-God thats dissapointing,but oh well...this is a must watch for a wu tang fan

  9. #24
    Shaolin Master Rawticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kemet
    Age
    42
    Posts
    479
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Its more than likely that U God, just want people to buy his book for his story. Have you seen how long the book is? I can only imagine when the project got started for this show UGod refused it, going through a moany,court battle or some shit like that with RZA at that time. Plus U God wasnt the best rapper at that time, he even says in the book, imagine him.being put down on screen about his rhyme fails. Who knows though? They may still fit him in somewhere in the show. He has some of the most timeless verses in hip hop/wu too!
    The more I see the back story to the Wu, the more I think want cunts alot of them were/are to RZA, he clearly got them out of a very rough spot. And all they can do is make him out to be a theif!!! Man, they should of been happy to let him earn more. Thats what we do, when we wana give back to people who do us a good deed. We say, we can never repay them enough, so you let them reap more for all that hardwork they put in. Rae always going on about his OBFCL album as if hes the soul creator of it, it would never have been what it was without RZA!! Come on!
    Last edited by Rawticus; 09-09-2019 at 11:43 PM.

  10. #25
    Sticky Bandit STAKESisHIGH84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Age
    35
    Posts
    686
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Did nobody else assume the dude getting finger jabbed by Ghost on the Ferry when they go to see Meth was U-God. U-God worked the ferry with Meth. I assumed that was U-God getting treated like a punk.
    FCK A SHOUT OUT!

  11. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rawticus View Post
    Its more than likely that U God, just want people to buy his book for his story. Have you seen how long the book is? I can only imagine when the project got started for this show UGod refused it, going through a moany,court battle or some shit like that with RZA at that time. Plus U God wasnt the best rapper at that time, he even says in the book, imagine him.being put down on screen about his rhyme fails. Who knows though? They may still fit him in somewhere in the show. He has some of the most timeless verses in hip hop/wu too!
    The more I see the back story to the Wu, the more I think want cunts alot of them were/are to RZA, he clearly got them out of a very rough spot. And all they can do is make him out to be a theif!!! Man, they should of been happy to let him earn more. Thats what we do, when we wana give back to people who do us a good deed. We say, we can never repay them enough, so you let them reap more for all that hardwork they put in. Rae always going on about his OBFCL album as if hes the soul creator of it, it would never have been what it was without RZA!! Come on!
    Eh, you're seeing their story according to Rza and given that they're all very lazy I'm sure they were disinterested in the project, approached it with minimal curiosity and didn't double check much. Except Rza. I understand and respect Rza, but Rza didn't get them out of anything. They all got each other out of it and Rza played the biggest role. They got him out of that situation too.
    Quote Originally Posted by JASPER View Post
    Just accept the cookies, fag.


  12. #27
    Double Secret Probation Sir Artsdradamus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Outside your house
    Posts
    17,641
    Rep Power
    105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rawticus View Post
    Its more than likely that U God, just want people to buy his book for his story. Have you seen how long the book is? I can only imagine when the project got started for this show UGod refused it
    I wonder where you got that idea from. oh wait...



    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Artsdradamus View Post
    just pure speculation on my part, but i'm willing to bet that u-god had already optioned his book for a movie/tv show and had to sign an exclusivity clause and couldn't be apart of this.



    Quote Originally Posted by shystar36 View Post
    Did nobody else assume the dude getting finger jabbed by Ghost on the Ferry when they go to see Meth was U-God. U-God worked the ferry with Meth. I assumed that was U-God getting treated like a punk.
    I was thinking the same thing.



    Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    Eh, you're seeing their story according to Rza and given that they're all very lazy I'm sure they were disinterested in the project, approached it with minimal curiosity and didn't double check much. Except Rza. I understand and respect Rza, but Rza didn't get them out of anything. They all got each other out of it and Rza played the biggest role. They got him out of that situation too.

    i've heard at least half the members, including Rae & U-God say that even with all of the business problems they've had with Rza over the years, they would have never done anything without him. He was the sole reason they did music and got out of the streets. Gza might have been the only one who didn't need Rza to have a career.


    I've said it somewhere on these boards before that wu-tang might have actually held Rza back. Rza might actually be a bigger name in hip-hop if he didn't have to deal with the other 9. He might be on Dr. Dre or Kanye's level as far as the business and money goes.

    Can you imagine if Rza would have taken the beats used on the the group and solo albums up until wu-forever and just sold them individually to the hottest rappers going?


    Dr. Dre networth $850 million
    Kanye West $250 million
    Master P $200 million
    Pharrell $150 million
    DJ Khaled $35 million
    Rza $18 million
    Last edited by Sir Artsdradamus; 09-10-2019 at 05:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artsdradamus View Post
    I also don't like when young millennials call me "sir"




    Check this thread for all of the upcoming Wu-Tang concerts.


    Check this thread for all of the upcoming Wu-Tang release dates.

  13. #28

  14. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Artsdradamus View Post
    I wonder where you got that idea from. oh wait...










    I was thinking the same thing.






    i've heard at least half the members, including Rae & U-God say that even with all of the business problems they've had with Rza over the years, they would have never done anything without him. He was the sole reason they did music and got out of the streets. Gza might have been the only one who didn't need Rza to have a career.


    I've said it somewhere on these boards before that wu-tang might have actually held Rza back. Rza might actually be a bigger name in hip-hop if he didn't have to deal with the other 9. He might be on Dr. Dre or Kanye's level as far as the business and money goes.

    Can you imagine if Rza would have taken the beats used on the the group and solo albums up until wu-forever and just sold them individually to the hottest rappers going?


    Dr. Dre networth $850 million
    Kanye West $250 million
    Master P $200 million
    Pharrell $150 million
    DJ Khaled $35 million
    Rza $18 million

    lol, points taken, but would Rza have blown without Wutang? I could have sold CREAM to Buckshot, Proteck Ya Neck to KRS One, and M.E.T.H.O.D to Redman but idk what that would have done for him, especially back when people didn't shop for beats and stuck with their 'crew producer'.

    I think he would be successful regardless cause of his mentality but since we can't speculate, he's famous because of Wutang, which is a collective effort that he happened to be the #1 biggest contributor and project manager for.
    Quote Originally Posted by JASPER View Post
    Just accept the cookies, fag.


  15. #30
    Shaolin Master Rawticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kemet
    Age
    42
    Posts
    479
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Artsdradamus View Post
    I wonder where you got that idea from. oh wait...










    I was thinking the same thing.






    i've heard at least half the members, including Rae & U-God say that even with all of the business problems they've had with Rza over the years, they would have never done anything without him. He was the sole reason they did music and got out of the streets. Gza might have been the only one who didn't need Rza to have a career.


    I've said it somewhere on these boards before that wu-tang might have actually held Rza back. Rza might actually be a bigger name in hip-hop if he didn't have to deal with the other 9. He might be on Dr. Dre or Kanye's level as far as the business and money goes.

    Can you imagine if Rza would have taken the beats used on the the group and solo albums up until wu-forever and just sold them individually to the hottest rappers going?


    Dr. Dre networth $850 million
    Kanye West $250 million
    Master P $200 million
    Pharrell $150 million
    DJ Khaled $35 million
    Rza $18 million



    Yes, it was you who gave me that idea..I have no way of using my own common sense to work out it is a possible scenario. Come on brother! I'm not here to build on pettiness, just sharing thoughts with who I believe to be fellow Wu heads. Thanks for expanding on the RZA topic, you elaborated it better than myself. It may have taken them all to help eachother, but without RZAs vision it sure would not have been in the living legend form of the Wu Tang Clan. Peace

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •