once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!

Thread: Has Disney ruined the Star Wars movies?

Default Has Disney ruined the Star Wars movies?

I just saw the trailer for the new Star Wars movie and thought to myself, how far the franchise has fallen? Then I started to think about all the Star Wars nerds who are militant about the movies and how they must be flipping out or are they? So I wanted to know is the new bunch of Star Wars films considered successful or has Disney ruined the films in the eyes of the fans?

I mean, George Lucas got there first.

It depends how good you think the original films were in the first place, I don't think any of them are amazing by any stretch of the imagination. They're just kind of fun and silly.

JJ Abrams' Force Awakens was good as a fan servicey ode to the original trilogy, but the sequel was all over the place, some of it I like, some of it I don't. JJ Abrams is returning for this new one and he has a good track record so I think it'll turn out okay.

Disney has a history of racism and xenophobia in their movies.

I'm not aware of Disney's "racism and xenophobia," and considering how often misused those labels are today among Pseudo-Liberal DemoKKKrat Regressive Neo-Marxists, I assume it to be a false allegation. It's actually the phony emphasis on feminism and diversity which has played a large part in why the new series of Star Wars movies suck.

The original Star Wars trilogy were episodes 4, 5, and 6 released in the 1970's and they were awesome.

Then they came out with the prequel trilogy of 1,2,and 3 movies. These received criticism but I actually liked them, though not as much as the original trilogy. Jar Jar Binks was a bad character but I loved the actors and roles of the young Obi-Won-Kenobi and I liked his mentor Qui-Gon Jinn played by Liam Neeson. Natalie Portman was great. Senator Palpatine was played well. Samuel L. Jackson played a great role. It still felt like a part of the Star Wars universe despite being made decades later.

Then came Disney and episodes 7 and 8. A new generation of characters. Unconvincing actors and bad writing. The Force Awakens. Adam Driver does a good job as Kylo Ren. But here comes the diversity squad of pseudo-liberals. Through two movies I don't give a shit about the protagonists. Finn? How could any sith not have taken this clown out by now? Poe? He's no Han Solo replacement. Rey? Such a flat, hollow character. I have no reason to care about what happens to her. And she's supposed to be the main protagonist star of the movie! I just assume Kylo Ren, the bad guy, take them all out. I have no reason to care about what happens to these empty, hollow, corny characters the way I cared about what happened to Han Solo, Chewbacca, Princess Leia, Obi Wan Kenobi and Luke Skywalker in the original trilogy. It's not even believable any of them have the strength or skill to take on the Empire. No training. No arch. It's like they just inherit the force and skills like a trust fund baby inherits his daddy's Hollywood fortune. They go from being nobodies to battling Siths. Contrast that to Luke Skywalker gradually building his skills and abilities with The Force over a long three movie trilogy.

At the end of episode 8, practically the entire rebel alliance gets wiped the fuck out under the feminazi leadership of Vice Admiral Holdo - some purple haired feminist looking bitch you'd find at a planned parenthood protest wearing a pink pussy hat screaming about how middle class Republicans should pay for her free abortions. And despite practically all their family and friends and fellow rebels being slaughtered, the remaining survivors are all happy and smiling and hugging each other at the end of episode 8 when they have nothing to really be happy about. It's fucking stupid.

Then there's the writing errors. Like Luke Skywalker is supposedly projecting himself to trick Kylo Ren, but his projection hands his sister a physical object. How the fuck does that happen? Sloppy writing.

And how is Yoda shooting lightning bolts and blowing things up and setting things on fire? If he can do that from beyond the grave, then why not just shoot lightning bolts at Kylo Ren and Snoke since you are a powerful destructive invincible ghost? Fucking stupid.

It's Disney clownery. And we're never really told the purpose of Snoke. Oh, and we need a token Asian character because Diversity! So we get Rose Tico which is an even worse character than Jar Jar Binks. A terribly annoying character and story in episode 8, beginning the episode with her preaching about duty and then bailing on duty at the end to instead appeal to emotions.

The only white guys allowed in the new Disney Star Wars trilogy are either old, grumpy, evil, backstabbing, or get killed. Because WHITE MAN BAD! It's so obvious these movies were written by penis tucking pseudo-liberal demoKKKrat Regressive Marxist twerps who use transgender bathrooms. I really don't give a fuck if the main characters are non-white or female, as long as they are good, but this shit is so forced and phony it makes you want to puke. I loved female protagonist characters such as Ellen Ripley in Alien. She kicks ass! And it wasn't some feminazi granola bar gluten free faggot shit.

I watched Rogue One which was actually decent and probably better than episodes 7 and 8!

I haven't watched Solo and have no interest to.

Expectations are almost impossibly high for the Star Wars franchise. I'm not a Star Wars purist. My criticism above is light compared to most of the reviews you can read online.

nobody is going to read all of that you god damn loser.

I agree with Shadynasty that the movies have always been stupid and it's nobody's fault if the new ones are stupid too. I think this next one will be slightly better than normal since they're trying to break away from their previous (shitty) formula.
    Quote Originally Posted by JASPER View Post
    Just accept the cookies, fag.

It's not my problem you have attention deficit disorder. Take your ritalin.

No one is going to read your 40,200 fucking posts you damn loser.

Speaking of shitty movies, Django Unchained sucked.

Django is a goat movie.

Boomers who grew up on the original movies think the new ones are utterly terrible, but I was talking to a 26yr old about these movies recently and Episode 1/2/3 are by far her favorites. It's like 90's Wu-Tang vs post-2000 Wu-Tang, some fans actually think ABT was a good album. Its just a generational thing and what you grew up with

like TSA said the original movies were pretty damn weird anyway, even the actors thought it would flop

Rose is ugly.

French kissing in the USA Hal Incandenza's Avatar

I thought the last few star wars movies were entertaining. the solo one that had a slight indy jones flavor to it and the one with ol' man skywalker stuck on a rock he's too vertigoed out of his mind to get off of. I might have misinterpreted the plot on that last one though

the first disney remake was pretty pointless imo. just a rehash of 'a new hope' in feel. the only original idea (well, kind of) was the renegade storm trooper

the late nineties emo rock star looking bad guy was milquetoast at first but he's grown on me

I can't be bothered with any new characters' names anymore though.

gonna go see the new one in two weeks. bee rock, if you're reading this, consider this an official invite. make sure you wear the right shoes

French kissing in the USA Hal Incandenza's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Give peace a chance View Post
    Disney has a history of racism and xenophobia in their movies.
    yeah about that. I'm about to have this terminally unfunny secondary's secondary account banned
    Last edited by Hal Incandenza; 12-05-2019 at 08:27 AM.

All the original Django movies are better.

I watched the first couple episodes of Mandalorian and thought it was good.