once upon a time in shaolin - buy the book now!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Monsta Island Czars ????

God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|

Default Monsta Island Czars ????

I have only heard "The Path" with MF Grimm and I am hooked can anyone give me some Info & recommendations on these guys?

I especially feel the first dude.

Safe......

peep the album....escape from...

Make it squash is my shit.

Thanks... I'll do that >

How many members ae there 3 ?

And what are their names ?

well Monsta Island Czars is a crew created by Mf Doom and probably Grimm, their whole style is based on old school Godzilla movies like Wu tang does with kungfu flicks..There are many members id say about 7 or so, Doom goes by King Geedorah, the three headed dragon from the movies, MF Grimm goes by Jet Jaguar, other members include Megalon, Gigan, Biolante which is rapper Kurious, theres also Kong, Rodan, Destroyah, Meccagodzilla, ect...they're an odd bunch of fellows..name of their album is called Escape from Monsta Island, good tracks are 1,2 1,2 , Mic Line, Make it Squash, Gunz and Swordz, Poizon Windz..hope that helps

p.s. No Snakes Alive from King Geedorahs album is a good Monsta track too
    Last edited by Richard Nixon; 10-08-2007 at 11:03 PM.

Yeah man MIC is pretty good. You gotta get their CD.

In DANGEROOM - El Chupa Nibre DOOM disses MIC by saying "Midgets Into Crunk"

Alright I'm sure I know the most about MIC outta anybody here. Let me put you up on them. The guys you hear on The Path are not the guys you will find on Escape From Monsta Island. The line up pretty much changed.

The original was

Rodan
    Kong
    Spiega
    Jet Jaguar (MF Grimm)
    King Geedorah (MF Doom)
    Kamackeris (Kwite Def)
    Gigan
    Megalon (Tommy Gunn)
    King Caeser (X-Ray)

So there were 9 just like the Wu Tang Clan and they use Godzilla flicks instead of Kung Fu. Could have been a real force but they messed up. I love there album to death it's great and you'll probably notice beats from Fishscale(such as the 9 Milli Bros and I believe Clips Of Doom or was it Jellyfish?) and stuff. Enjoy it it's dope but Jet Jaguar(MF Grimm) isn't on there cause he was locked up and Doom only spit on one track.

yeah all the old mic guys left, something happened. I heard doom made the album while grimm was in jail and grimm didnt get on it thats part of their problems. Anyways, theyre still good.

Peace to the god(zilla) LuckyTheWonderDog's Avatar

Yeah, they were still good on American Hunger, but it's a shame that they split. The crew was Grimm's creation, not Doom's and Grimm obviously decided to keep it going with a largely new line-up.

There was another original member 'Yves St. La rock' who sadly passed away, and was not on the 'Escape From Monsta Island!' album (he can be heard on a couple of tracks on Grimm's 'Scars & Memories' though).

When asked in an interview as to why he wasn't on the MIC album, Grimm said that you'd have to ask Doom as he took over the project and didn't include any of the material he had recorded.

Before the leaving of many members, there had already been beef between Doom and others, notably when Megalon punched Doom out over a financial arguement (as referenced in the Grimm track The Book Of Daniel).

I emailed X-Ray aka King Cesar a while back and asked what happened, and he said the story will come out eventually. He did also say that he was still down with most of the original line-up, and has links on his MySpace to pages for Kamackeris/Kwite Def, Megalon/Tommy Gunn, Ray Long and former associate Darcmind, and they're all on his label Mindbenda Recordings.

http://www.mindbenda.com/
    http://www.myspace.com/xraydamindbenda

It's not clear exactly who was in Monsta Island Czars mk2, possibly (but doubtful) Megalon, Spiega, Kong & Gigan were still in (along with Jet Jaguar aka MF Grimm) along with a host of newer members Lord Smog, Ray Long, MeccaGodzilla, Biolante, Gamma-Ra, Destroyah, Invisabul Man, Gabarah, Monsta X...

A little while back, their MySpace page dissapeared and their second album Return To Monsta Island was originally slated to come out Halloween last year, so I guess they have split entirely. Also, Ravage no longer seems to have MF Grimm (or any other MIC members) as a MySpace friend. Also on MySpace, Mez lists himself as a member of two groups, neither of which is MIC, and Bashton Tha Invizabul Man don't have mention of Grimm or anyone MIC on his page (he does mention Grimm on his website, but the site's a piece of shit and who knows how up to date).

Anyway, as for what to listen to check out:

Monsta Island Czars - Escape From Monsta Island

Monsta Island Czars - Run The Sphere 12"

X-Ray - Monster Mixes vol.1

X-Ray - Monsta Mixes Vol.2

Rodan - Theophany: The Book Of Elevations

Megalon (aka Tommy Gunn) - Penny For Your Thoughts

Who knows what the future holds for them.
    Last edited by LuckyTheWonderDog; 10-09-2007 at 07:23 AM.

Click HERE for free mp3 compilations (inc. rare tracks) from:

J Dilla, MF Grimm, Mr. Lif, Poetic aka Grym Reaper, Kool G Rap, RA the Rugged Man, Shabazz, Hell Razah, Timbo King, Jus Allah, Warcloud, Breeze Brewin, Kid Capri, Count Bass D, Insight and more...

Monsta Island Czars I thought were a good group, the album is very solid and I went through a period when I bumped it alot. Rodan has a nice album, I downloaded it though because I couldn't find it to buy. Other group members I liked were Doom & Grimm (Obviously) Kong and Megalon.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Always ment to check the album out. Might give it a purchase the next chance i get

Nah Nah Nah NAH Spinx they still together and making music. The album gon be dropping next year along with a lot of the other projects. I've been told this for like 2 years but I trust dudes to come through this time. Ray Long is not in Monsta Island Czars he's just a relative of Megalon. No one really knows the story but X-Ray is a stubborn dude and I'm sure that had something to do with it. Also probably the beef with Grimm and Doom. Rodan seems loyal to Doom. Gigan IS NO LONGER in MIC.You can not get ANY info about Gigan no more they won't even speak of him. He's the only one I can't get an answer about. Can't even get a beat around the bush answer. Also yes Monsta Island Czars WERE Grimm's creation. Trust me though Rav is still with the Czars and he's been hard at work with his music. Megalon and Ray Long both released music on X-Rays Mind Benda records and Kwite Def got an album coming out on his record label also. I know Megalon and Kong are still part and I believe Spiega also. Spiega and Kong are also related. The lineup looks like this now

Jet Jaguar (MF Grimm)
    Megalon (Tommy Gunn)
    Biolante (Kurious)
    Kong
    Invizabul Man (MF Bash)
    Destroyah (MF Mez)
    Gamma-Ra (Majesty)
    Meccagodzilla (Ravage)
    Monsta X
    Gabarah (Jun Classic)
    Spiega

No more no less I believe. I could be wrong since the line up change was a little confusing and never confirmed and I never really asked about it. If you go to wikipedia they list the roster and old ones but it's not right. Lord Smog MAY be a part of it but I don't know about that one. You know what I'll get you guys the official lineup straight from a Czar himself to stop the confusion.

http://www.hiphopgame.com/index2.php3?page=kurious

In that recent interview with hiphopgame.com, Kurious has this to say:

How close do you work with MF Grimm and the Monsta Island Czars?

Grimm is my brother. Grimm is the strongest dude that I know. Grimm is the dude that you talk to when you want a reality check. You talk to Perce. We grew up together in the same neighborhood. We were running around and it was him and King Sun that really got me rapping. That’s a different level right there. But with the Monsta Island Czars, I know Grimm and I know Doom. I met some of the other dudes, but I’m not really into it like that. If they need me, I’m there, but I can’t really sit there and tell you that I know these dudes. I don’t even know the name that they gave me. I just do it for the love of my people, but as far as the ins and outs of Monsta Island Czars, nah, I don’t really know that. I just rep for my peeps. That’s all I know

Yo much thanks & respect to everyone who helped out.
    I wasno expectig this much of info...thanks again.
    Definatly gonna be checking these guys out...my kind of Emcees for real

By the way could anyone tell me who the first guy is on "The Path"

"Awake From Sleep No G.P.S. Lost On Elm Street"

Ill Emcee^
    Last edited by Guarded By Martyrs; 10-09-2007 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by whers View Post
    Yo much thanks & respect to everyone who helped out.
    I wasno expectig this much of info...thanks again.
    Definatly gonna be checking these guys out...my kind of Emcees for real

By the way could anyone tell me who the first guy is on "The Path"

"Awake From Sleep No G.P.S. Lost On Em Street"

Ill Emcee^
    That would be MF Grimm himself

Really....

Oh shit I thought he was the last dude!
    To be honest I really have not checked him to much!

Only about a mounth ago I became aware that MF Doom was NOT MF Grimm!
    I just assumed they were the same dude because of the MF...

I like MF Doom a lot now I'm gonna have to look into MF Grimm
    I am definatly late with these two and forgive me for not knowing could
    Someone tell me what's the connection and their realationship about...
    They brothers or something?

I keep seeing MF Grimm everywhere on the Corp I mean EVERYWHERE...
    Starting to see why with verses like "The Path"